zomg-Muffy
+3|6402
I just wanna know what you guys think needs / should be nerfed and if you think something should be made better

My opinions:
NERFS
Shuko and Bianchi LMG - Way too accurate for the support class
Krylov 37-AR - try shooting this thing on single shot or in 2 - 5 shot bursts, literally no recoil

UPGRADES
Remember in BF2 when the pistol was actually a dangerous weapon? - Pistol
SD-8 Accipiter - That retarded flying sentry drone almost never shoots at anything...

If there's something I missed, I just wanna hear your opinions

(said opinions do not include those of spawnofthemist)

<3
Muffy
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

i think the PAC pistol is too weak ... EU seems fine.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6824|Belgium
First of all; I don't see anything that needs to be nerfed..
I get shot by those darn LMGs all the time, but I think they're fine..
I think that they should leave all the weapons like they are now..
However I do agree that the Accipiter needs some work, that stupid thing indeed never shoots at an enemy..
The only time I ever saw it shooting at enemies was when I was inside a Titan.. It tried to shoot thru the freakin' walls..
zomg-Muffy
+3|6402

jsnipy wrote:

bah, I love the PAC pistol over the EU pistol.  More bullets, faster firing, and when you zoom in, one shot doesn't make you lose the target (the EU pistol's recoil makes the gun cover up what you're aiming at ><)
Rumfuddle
+14|6726
The other day I knifed a squad leader standing still with the accipter floating next to him.  I swear it looked straight at me and didn't do a damn thing.  I will never unlock that piece of garbage as it currently exists. 

Yeah, the pistol is pretty worthless now too.  In the future there will be more recoil...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
The pistols can own, the PAC one does 26 damage and the EU one does 31 damage. If you have the max clip unlock then the pistol becomes a beast.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6703|South Africa
(lots of threads like this)

NERFS

LMGs... please... OVERACCURATE. too much actually.
Sentrys
Exploits (ammo padding, titan drops)

UPGRADES

TV Missiles !!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!!!!!eleven!!

Last edited by Phatso (2006-11-14 10:56:23)

Microwave
_
+515|6663|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

zomg-Muffy wrote:

I just wanna know what you guys think needs / should be nerfed and if you think something should be made better

My opinions:
NERFS
Shuko and Bianchi LMG - Way too accurate for the support class
Krylov 37-AR - try shooting this thing on single shot or in 2 - 5 shot bursts, literally no recoil

UPGRADES
Remember in BF2 when the pistol was actually a dangerous weapon? - Pistol
SD-8 Accipiter - That retarded flying sentry drone almost never shoots at anything...

If there's something I missed, I just wanna hear your opinions

(said opinions do not include those of spawnofthemist)

<3
Muffy
Perfect post. All so... right.

Every part of it.

edit: stupid bb code.

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-11-14 10:57:47)

pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6590|MANCHESTERRR
Nothing should be nerfed, leave it as it fucking is!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

And the point of this thread is? DICE/EA has already announced they will not be making ANY changes to the balance or gameplay until all the bugs are gone. So basically never.
zomg-Muffy
+3|6402

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

And the point of this thread is? DICE/EA has already announced they will not be making ANY changes to the balance or gameplay until all the bugs are gone. So basically never.
The point of this thread wasn't to get DICE / EA to change anything, the point of this thread was to get a general consensus and opinion about certain imbalances in the game.

Stop being so jaded, and just give an opinion.
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
The possible things I will see being nerfed is.

The little round flying ball that hunt down ANY vehicle in it's area. It's a bit overpowered if you ask me.
Maybe the accuracy on Shuko and Bianchi to balance the support out.

Though I might see some improvement on some weapons such as.

Pistols
Ganz
TV missle(Better controll over it maybe)

Well that's it, otherwise it's pretty fair I say. Maybe adding the same function on those APM mines as in BF2.
zomg-Muffy
+3|6402

Zefar wrote:

The possible things I will see being nerfed is.

The little round flying ball that hunt down ANY vehicle in it's area. It's a bit overpowered if you ask me.
Maybe the accuracy on Shuko and Bianchi to balance the support out.

Though I might see some improvement on some weapons such as.

Pistols
Ganz
TV missle(Better controll over it maybe)

Well that's it, otherwise it's pretty fair I say. Maybe adding the same function on those APM mines as in BF2.
I've heard quite a few people complain about those motion mines.  Personally, I love them.  Even when I'm the guy who is getting locked down by them.  I'm just thinking, "Finally, someone has stopped my horrible walker rampage."

They are the perfect anti-vehicle weapon
Magius5.0
+106|6389|UMass Amherst
Things that need nerfing, as opposed to being improved.  These are things that have to be fixed, not just options, because these are what have pissed me and many other people off the most.

1.  EM Missiles...for chrissake, the gunships are flying coffins with all that AA all over the place; don't get me started on the walkers, but that takes a bit more skill, I admit.
2.  Titan guns need to reload slower, and Titan AA needs overheat...so n00bs don't shoot the enemy titan shield umpteen million times and lag the hell out of the server.
3.  Grenades need a fuse length of +1 second, so you actually have time to run away if someone drops one at your feet.  Or, you could pick it up and throw it back at them.  lol.
4.  LMG's need to either to overheat even faster, or take longer to become more accurate; titan assaults are almost impossible if a whole squad with LMG's is sitting in the hallways with medics reviving them.  Although, you could just hold the silos/defend your own titan if you really can't advance...adaptation.
5.  Sentry guns; grenades seem to do little damage, yet bullets do more (and put you in the line of fire).  Make it so a single grenade will kill them, as it should.

Last edited by Magius5.0 (2006-11-14 12:33:12)

Incoming_Fire
+1|6415
When you hear that annoying Motion Mine beeping, either A. Get out or B. look around. If only one mine is up, back up. You'll get hit but then you can repair.

If you see a minefield...don't go there...or have someone in a buggy zip through and pull the mines away.
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden

zomg-Muffy wrote:

I've heard quite a few people complain about those motion mines.  Personally, I love them.  Even when I'm the guy who is getting locked down by them.  I'm just thinking, "Finally, someone has stopped my horrible walker rampage."

They sure are usefull but in terms of balance I find them a bit to powerfull. At least give us the power to do something about such as, Emp will cancel them or destroy them as long as it in effect.
Or just lower the damage to walkers. 2 of them shouldn't be able to destroy a whole Walker.

Oh btw people in a Titan assault use grenades and lots of them to. :3 It's just so fun to wipe away 3+ people in one hit. XD
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6717|Charlie One Alpha
Oh God, is it starting already? I thought everything in 2142 was NERFED BY DEFAULT. Jesus. Sometimes you just can't nerf enough stuff, can you? At least now BF2 will be left more or less alone as DICE points their nerfcannon at 2142.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
zomg-Muffy
+3|6402

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Oh God, is it starting already? I thought everything in 2142 was NERFED BY DEFAULT. Jesus. Sometimes you just can't nerf enough stuff, can you? At least now BF2 will be left more or less alone as DICE points their nerfcannon at 2142.
Please refrain from completely nonsensical off topic replies such as this one.

An intelligent thread would be nice just once, wouldn't it?
Entertayner
+826|6579

PoP wrote:

I freakin love you!
Tagmaestro
+6|6713|New Jersey
The orbital strikes need to be more potent.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

zomg-Muffy wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

bah, I love the PAC pistol over the EU pistol.  More bullets, faster firing, and when you zoom in, one shot doesn't make you lose the target (the EU pistol's recoil makes the gun cover up what you're aiming at ><)
Which one has the little orange tinted ironsight?  That one seems good.  The revolver-like one is crap.  I hope when we are in the 22nd century, our weapons manufacturers don't make peashooters like those.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Smoke_Deez
+8|6394
Keep it as is, nothing needs a nerf.
Buzerk1
+44|6844
The game is fine... next thing we will hear is people saying the shot gun is too strong.... Sentry gun are strong if you stay by it, provide support fire/distraction/mini UAV. They always send a warning shot, so if you know there is one and still go for it, then you should die, unless you are quick enough to jump over it.

LMG were overheating in the Beta/Demo.... they were bad, no one was actually playing that kit. I good recon will always get a support as you have stay still to make it work.

It does over heat plenty, you can get one guy... may be 2 then you must pull back to let it cool down. If there is 3-4 guys going for you, you are dead and a Sentry drone is not enough to protect you.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-14 11:53:11)

Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6772

Zefar wrote:

zomg-Muffy wrote:

They sure are usefull but in terms of balance I find them a bit to powerfull. At least give us the power to do something about such as, Emp will cancel them or destroy them as long as it in effect.
Or just lower the damage to walkers. 2 of them shouldn't be able to destroy a whole Walker.

Oh btw people in a Titan assault use grenades and lots of them to. :3 It's just so fun to wipe away 3+ people in one hit. XD
zeller-h advanced sniper rifle makes quick work of them, as well as rdx and apm's.  This is actually a very well balanced game. No semi auto sniper rifles, no one shot n00b tubes, armor is reduced, walkers are in limited numbers, air isn't all powerful. The pistols are nice as is, and the unlock method provides for a better gameplay IMO.  So shut up with the nerf talk please.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6650|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

PoP wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard