Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
I'm posting this topic to ask everybody out there:

What was your first game?

Does it date you when you think about it?

I remember Zork I, Wizardry, Oregon Trail, and a crapload of Atari 2600 games.  How about you?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6854|-
STARCRAFT!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
my first game was pga leaderboard for the 286
Lawk
+2|6780
First game was Castles.  It has about one-hundred different names, but its the one were there are two players and you take turns firing shells at each other after picking velocity, trajectory, and adjusting for wind.
ronin1942
+-1|6850

Lawk wrote:

First game was Castles.  It has about one-hundred different names, but its the one were there are two players and you take turns firing shells at each other after picking velocity, trajectory, and adjusting for wind.
ME TOO! do you still have it i keep looking for that game for my god son (hes 4) great for learning basic phisics
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
Anyone remember scorched earth?
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6722
First game was Wizardry on an Apple II+... circa 1980
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6827|Belgium

Mmm either I'm at dinosaur age, or I started realy realy early...

First game played:
On a VIC-20 of a nephew; the game where you move a little "platform" and bounce a "ball" to eleminate falling "bricks"... But these terms where very relative since it was all monochrone and merely white rectangles...

First game owned:
On a Commodore 64; Space Invaders... A giant step for mankind; games with color
I'll never forget the "Press play on tape" message blinking in the middle of the tv-screen
(also the first machine on which I did my first programming - in GW Basic)

Cheers,
R
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6715|Charlie One Alpha
The earliest game I can remember playing were point and click adventures like King's Quest and Kyrandia.
Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis was awesome. BUt we used to have one of those ZX Spectrum things, where the games are on cassete tapes and you have to listen to 20 minutes of modem noises before playing. Can't remember any actual names of those games though sadly.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6813|Orlando, FL - Age 43
CoCo-64 with 300bd modem....Megawars III (text based MPOG on CompuServe),
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6715|Charlie One Alpha
Now I remember!
I think it was called Gremlins and it was a text-based adventure.
go west.
You went west.
Look.
You see: a table. a lamp.

That sort of thing
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
ScreamingJay
+1|6751
Combat!

With the exclaimation point included in the title. Atari 2600. The FIRST fps
./KRUX
+1|6743|Austin Texas
you know whats sad i rememeber all of those! Im too old.

One that i have a fond memory was a rpg dungeon crawler on the commador 64 or 128. Real crappy graphics but man was i addicted to playing it. Its been so long ago i cant remember anything about it but me an my cousins would fight over the computer to play!
And to all those who remember the roterey modems....EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW....GGG..GGG

thats sounds like a donkey too
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6742|DUTCH snap ik!
@krux i know what you mean with the modem
can't really cant remember the name of my first game atlast it was on a commandore-64 with tape
but after i got something else and fav. game was wings of fury also on commandore 64

Last edited by ThePriest1750 (2005-12-20 18:14:10)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6853|Australia
pirates!! that rocked! and they got a newer version now sid meirs pirates or somethin like that not sure i spelt his name right
Hyper
Banned
+154|6757
loderunner on the commodore 64
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6762|Ventura, CA
pong
OUROBOROS
+0|6765
i remember standing on a box thats was on a chair just to play 1942 arcade and pac man. pretty sure that was before my preschool days. for pc it was frogger, space invaders, defender, and a bunch of other that i cant name. just dont really have a clear specific game that was first. everythign is kinda fuzzy from back then.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6850|Bryan/College Station, TX
First computer game was Oregon Trail followed by Rogue.
First graphical was King's Quest I then Wizardry then Bard's Tale and then the Ultima Series starting with Ultima II.
First Console game was on the Atari and I think was Pong or Space Invaders.
First Nintendo game was of course Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6830|St. Louis, MO
Pong and I thought it was amazing at the time.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6757|Derby, England
On First computer: Horace and the spiders (ZX Spectrum)
On arcade: Space Invaders
On Console: Tank Pong (Atari Console)
Most Played Game: Dungeon Master or Carrier Command (Atari ST)
Fondest Memory: Pirates (Old version and New)
Game that made me angriest: X-Wing (I broke a joystick trying to perform a high G turn and crashed into the side of a star destroyer)
cjph
+0|6758|Surrey, England
I can shock you with a text-based star trek game around 1977, played on a teletype (a glorified typewriter/modem) on a 9x9 hidden grid - you typed your move, waited around 2-3 minutes, mainframe in some other town sent back the grid showing the unhidden adjacent cells. Gripping stuff.

cjph
I probably knew your granddad.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6764|06-01
frogger.

the jumping frog across the street avoiding cars.
Bartonios
+0|6727|Folkestone, England
Cant remember my first game but i do remember my favourite on the BBC (not the tv channel the computer) it was Elite.

A game which seemed to have no end you could fly around an ever expanding universe trading and killing, being a good or bad guy.  It was worth putting up with the half an hour of modem noise just to play.

I have no idea how they made the universe so big with so little memory.

Never seen a game like on the pc unless you want to pay a fortune to go online and to a pay as you go server for a game like Eve.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6750|Malaga, EspaƱa

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

STARCRAFT!
WARCRAFT1&2!!!

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-12-21 05:14:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard