Poll

Which map set do you want to see featured on Saturday Night Gaming?

Air & Armor (Dalian, Wake, Dragon, Oman, etc)10%10% - 4
SF Night Maps (Leviathan, Night Flight, Devil's Perch)10%10% - 4
City Maps, 64 (Sharqi, Jalalabad, Karkand, Mashtuur)7%7% - 3
Infantry Only City Maps, 32-size (Shar/Jala/Kark/Mash)25%25% - 10
Sunny Maps (Oman, Sharqi, Mash, Dalian, Dragon, etc)12%12% - 5
PLA Maps (Dalian, Daqing, Dragon, FuShe, Wake, Songhua)7%7% - 3
SF Day Maps (Warlord, Ghost, Mass Destruction, Surge)17%17% - 7
Maps We Love to Hate (FuShe, Zatar, Kark, Kubra, etc)10%10% - 4
Total: 40
Des.Kmal
+917|6623|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I need to make some alts and vote for SF night maps...
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6393|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Des.Kmal wrote:

I need to make some alts and vote for SF night maps...
WTF!? Padder! Padders!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

I'm actually surprised that "Maps we love to hate" has gotten three votes so far ... probably jokes.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

OrangeHound wrote:

I'm actually surprised that "Maps we love to hate" has gotten three votes so far ... probably jokes.
FuShe, Kubra, Zatar, etc are some of the best maps in the game IMO.
OrangeHound

Well, still haven't heard any objections to the IO rotation ... so this profile is ready to run with 32-player sized maps (Sharqi, Karkand, Jalalabad, Mashtuur).  If you are looking for some intense firefights, my only concern is that 32-player maps may still be too large unless the server has 35-40 people on it.  It could just turn into a rotating-cap-the-flag event

For example, the 16-player size Karkand map seems to be much better for intense IO than the 32-player sized map.

(Being a vehicle whore lately, I haven't really played more than 30-40 minutes of IO, so we need some more expert advice).

Thoughts?
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Whenever I play IO, the maps are always 64 player size with any amount of players. No matter how many or how few players were there, there was always good firefights to be had.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6533|Panama
Yep, agree with that!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

OrangeHound wrote:

Well, still haven't heard any objections to the IO rotation ... so this profile is ready to run with 32-player sized maps (Sharqi, Karkand, Jalalabad, Mashtuur).  If you are looking for some intense firefights, my only concern is that 32-player maps may still be too large unless the server has 35-40 people on it.  It could just turn into a rotating-cap-the-flag event

For example, the 16-player size Karkand map seems to be much better for intense IO than the 32-player sized map.

(Being a vehicle whore lately, I haven't really played more than 30-40 minutes of IO, so we need some more expert advice).

Thoughts?
IO is a festival of G36E noobs and claymore spammers. Good for points though.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6393|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hurricane wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Thoughts?
IO is a festival of G36E noobs and claymore spammers. Good for points though.
Work as a team with your clan and or a bunch of friends and they will never annoy you again!
JT_001
+17|6425|Canada

SysTray wrote:

SONGHUA ZOMG KTHX HAX NOOB.

I love Shonghua, but can't find a server that runs it to save my life.
-------------------

FULLCONTACTWAR[SquadVoip] plays it from time to time.  Not sure of the IP address though.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6590|Seattle
i recommend sometimes playing 16-player sized gulf of oman, mashtuur, songhua stalemate, fushe pass and road to jalalabad. It is possible to play this map size but with a server of at least 24 people and possibly more.

GoO and Mash become the ultimate all out infantry battle maps, while SS and FP are great for sneak attacks and stealthy playing due to immense amounts of cover. Playing Jalala this way prevents the inevitable sniper battle at the beginning of each 32 player sized round which for many speeds up the action (and fun).

Is it possible for maps set like this to be put in a rotation with things like 32-player sized karkand and sharqi?
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
We can mix and match any sized maps in the rotation. Only thing you can't do is mix IO with vehicle mode.
OrangeHound

cablecopulate wrote:

We can mix and match any sized maps in the rotation. Only thing you can't do is mix IO with vehicle mode.
In theory, yes, but when I try it the server gets all drunk and can't restart. 

*You can't spell BETA without EA*
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

IO all maps, but 32-player maps at the least to avoid the nade and claymore spamming.  Screw G36E.  I go sniper hunting with my RPK!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard