AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA
Ok this is not the pinnacle of serious debate but bear with me:

My girlfriend and I were having lunch yesterday at an awesome place called McCormick and Shmick's, bill came to about $32 and we left a $20 tip.  It was amazing food.  So anyways we drive home, and too my utter surprise before we walk in the door in the entryway to my apartment is a 50" Toshiba projection TV, with a note on it saying "Free, Works Good".  It had on it a remote (with batteries!), manual, and a coaxial cable (already got one).

cool:

So i'm like YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING me.  So we roll it in, hook it up, (This TV even though its not brand new is way better than anything I have).  And it works!!!!  Holy freakin crap

So its a Toshiba TP50H50, and I don't know whether or not it can display 720 at all even 720i but I doubt it.  Whatevs, I gots me a new TV.

So the debate part: Why would someone leave a perfectly good working 50" TV outside for free!?!?

https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/redredef/Forum/HPIM1472.jpg

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-11-12 08:47:57)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
Stolen property?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

There are Greeks inside waiting to jump out and kill you in your sleep...
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6689|The Lou
cause they so rich that they dont need to sell it, rich bastards!
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6689|The Lou

chittydog wrote:

There are Greeks inside waiting to jump out and kill you in your sleep...
ohhhhh, good point! BURN IT!
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA
The bloke who's f'ing my missus, thats a good one,

Anyways, I checked it out, theres nothing wrong with it, theres no one inside of it.  Guess someone was just moving and didn't want to bother with it, probably have some nice arse plasma, etc.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-11-12 08:46:35)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Dude, might want to pop down to the local police station, and see if anyone's had anything stolen recently in the area, cause you can get yourself in trouble for possessing stolen property, even without you knowing its stolen. It could be genuine, but you'd have thought the previous owners would have come around to say hi or at least leave a name or something.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
Should of left a $30 tip, it would of been a Flat Screen.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6715|England. Stoke
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6662
Why would someone give away a perfectly good 50" TV for free?  How about; Why would someone steal a perfectly good 50" TV and then give it away for free?

I think the second question makes less sense than the first.  I mean first off, who goes through the trouble to steal something and then give it away?  But second, who goes through the trouble to steal something...and makes sure to find the manual for it as well?  I personally don't think there's any possibility that it's stolen.

I actually just bought a 42" plasma last week and it is replacing a 27" standard TV.  I will probably end up giving away the 27" because I just don't need it anymore.  It works fine, still has a remote and I could probably find the manual too.  But if I sold it I might get $50 for it, and why not just help someone out who's in need.

My guess is they replaced it with something bigger and better.  Congrats on being the target of their generosity.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6786|Great Brown North
maybe someone got caught fucking around on his wife and he was getting rid of his stuff so she wouldnt get it? hey its happened

hey we have the exact same shelf i think the one with your dvds in it

Last edited by krazed (2006-11-12 09:40:01)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6507|Los Angeles
I bet that someone was moving, and neglected to figure out what to do with their TV that they didn't need any more, and the $50 they would have got by selling it didn't matter because it was moving day already.

BTW I'd take the newspaper article and the sign down and get that framed oil painting up there - a bit kitschy but anything's better than newspaper articles taped to the wall.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6634|IRELAND

Its filled with cameras or an army of midgets who will sneak out and kill you all!!!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6556|Southeastern USA

JahManRed wrote:

Its filled with cameras or an army of midgets who will sneak out and kill you all!!!
they hid a cam in it to catch you doin nooky and sell on the interwabs
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

ghettoperson wrote:

Dude, might want to pop down to the local police station, and see if anyone's had anything stolen recently in the area, cause you can get yourself in trouble for possessing stolen property, even without you knowing its stolen. It could be genuine, but you'd have thought the previous owners would have come around to say hi or at least leave a name or something.
I'm well aware of the law, I've taken precautions that you have mentioned and checked to see if it was stolen, reports so far show its not.  Thanks for looking out for me though.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

Towelly wrote:

Should of left a $30 tip, it would of been a Flat Screen.
LOL, I wish.

MastersMom wrote:

Why would someone give away a perfectly good 50" TV for free?  How about; Why would someone steal a perfectly good 50" TV and then give it away for free?

I think the second question makes less sense than the first.  I mean first off, who goes through the trouble to steal something and then give it away?  But second, who goes through the trouble to steal something...and makes sure to find the manual for it as well?  I personally don't think there's any possibility that it's stolen.

My guess is they replaced it with something bigger and better.  Congrats on being the target of their generosity.
EXACTLY what I was thinking, who the hell would do all that if they stole it.  My goodness.

Good point mate, have a good day, I'm having a good one watchin some football on a 50" w00t
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6749|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
SCORE!!!!!! - It never use to  cease amazing me the shit people would just give away in the states as long as you picked it up, craigs list FTW!!

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-12 10:50:55)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

IG-Calibre wrote:

SCORE!!!!!! - It never use to  cease amazing me the shit people would just give away in the states as long as you picked it up, gregs list  FTW!!
LOL, yeah I about shit my pants when I saw the damng thing just sitting there with all its accessories.  I'm still in disbelief sitting here.  craigslist? Nah I wanna keep this puppy.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6749|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
yeah I meant craigs list - no i'm not saying you should get rid of it, i'm saying about stuff people would give away for free!!
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6633|Sea to globally-cooled sea

ghettoperson wrote:

QFT
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

IG-Calibre wrote:

yeah I meant craigs list - no i'm not saying you should get rid of it, i'm saying about stuff people would give away for free!!
Ohh, yeah I know, I saw someone giving away sex for free one time........it was a dude though.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6460|Ontario, Canada
i dont get it, you could easily sell it...
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

G3|Genius wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

QFT
Read.

MastersMom wrote:

QFT
nlsme
+48|6422|new york
in my neighborhood the rich fucks dont want something thwey usually cut the power cord off then leave it by the street.no me i put a 2 yr old ge dishwasher out and it was gone in an hour. also put out all my daughters playhouses and i saw the peeps that came and got it with their lil one, she was so happy it made my day!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard