Poll

What would you like to see in Patch 1.41 for BF2?

Nerf BF2's weapons, armor and air assets!10%10% - 27
Add more weapons, they did a good job so far!17%17% - 46
Improve/Add to existing weapons, assets and taunts &12%12% - 34
Urban (CITY) combat maps are needed! (LIKE KARKAND with18%18% - 50
Add more vocal commands like "Bomb raid here" "enemy do5%5% - 14
Allow for jungle/urban guille suites & fatigues7%7% - 20
Other, I will post my idea13%13% - 35
Allow squad member requests be seen on map14%14% - 39
Total: 265
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6710|austria

ECH wrote:

DICE, if you are going to make any changes to the game besides bug fixes make changes based on what the COMMUNITY want.  WE DON'T WANT CHANGES BASED ON WHAT YOU WANT!! WHY? BECAUSE WE DIDN'T ASK FOR THEM!!!!
yes sure.... the socalled "community" (whiners, bitches and morons) wanted stronger AA, weaker helos, sniper PKMs, useless nadelaunchers and all the other BS we talked about in 2351123451235 topics!

and what did EA do? they made what the "community" wanted!

personally i dont want any changes in BF leave it like it is now! changeing my playingstyle over and over again sucks! better give us some more weapons and maps!!!

end!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
ECH
+50|6643|Some where near you

TeK||drake666 wrote:

ECH wrote:

DICE, if you are going to make any changes to the game besides bug fixes make changes based on what the COMMUNITY want.  WE DON'T WANT CHANGES BASED ON WHAT YOU WANT!! WHY? BECAUSE WE DIDN'T ASK FOR THEM!!!!
yes sure.... the socalled "community" (whiners, bitches and morons) wanted stronger AA, weaker helos, sniper PKMs, useless nadelaunchers and all the other BS we talked about in 2351123451235 topics!

and what did EA do? they made what the "community" wanted!

personally i dont want any changes in BF leave it like it is now! changeing my playingstyle over and over again sucks! better give us some more weapons and maps!!!

end!
Cool you heels, I am talking about nerfing.  NO MORE NERFING!!!!!
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655
Ok so first off, don't nerf anything.  Jets, armor, choppers, aa, guns, leave it all the fuck alone as far as damage goes.  I did have a wierd-ass bug the other day though...swithced to single shot, then couldn't switch back to burst.  Anyway, that's another topic.  All the guns have pro's and con's and they can all be extremely effective in the hands of the right player.  Jets are good enough, and lets face it...the only jets that really need anything would be the J-10 to get toned down and the the F-35 should be redesigned to be a fighter (versus the transport that I consider it to be now.)  But as we all know if the design team for the patch even LOOKS at the jets the only changes will be the J-10 will be able to do inverted hairpin turns while barrel rolling, and the F-35 will be able to turn tight enough to almost stay in bounds on a map.  The AA is definately better now than it has been in the past but it's still beatable if you know where the AA posts are.  If you don't know where they're posted than maybe you shouldn't be flying yet.  That goes for jets and choppers.

I agree that the missle through the target thing is a huge pain in the ass, but I don't know if I'd call it a bug.  I'm more inclined to think that is a ping/lag issue and I don't think the patches can really do anything about that.  I haven't seen any significant bugs in 1.4 besides the knife bug.  Maybe I'm just stabbing people wrong, but the other day I stabbed a guy twice (he was prone, I went prone next to him, stabbed twice and got the smoke/dust twice that usually indicates a positive hit) and he got up and ran away...I ended up shooting him in the back while someone else was shooting from the front.  I got a damn "Kill Damage Assist" and the other guy got the kill.  So if they can fix the knife bug that would be my vote for sure, otherwise, as a squad member I'd like to be able to effectivly request assets from the commander.

Edit:  Oh yeah, and more maps are always welcome.  I prefer to fly jets/choppers, so I would prefer something other than a city map...but I fear I am among the minority on that one.  Regardless, new maps are like christmas presents...always exciting to open it up and see how it could have been made better.

Last edited by MastersMom (2006-11-11 05:43:48)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

roll animation deleted ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Electonic Komando
+1|6499|War Saw Town
Fix voting for kick. It's uselss as it's now. It should take about five votes ,not twenty five....
One city map for PLA vs. USMC would also be nice.
Thank you.
ECH
^^I am not sure if they can incorporate some sort of variable latency compensation so that the ping of the game matches the ping of the server.  I would like to see at least an option where you have a drop down to allow you to enter your ping according to whats on the server.  The only downside is that you need a beefy computer.  It only seems to work with beefy computers starting with either A P4 D920 (which is overclocked)  or a AMD X2 something or another.  Althought other AMD CPUs maybe ok from what I've seen the people who hurt the most and don't know it are P4, netburst CPU owners.  They are the ones who hurt the most IMO because the P4 relays heavily on SSE and SSE2 as well as some netburst functionality to be equal to a AMD counter part.   BF2 doesn't use them, in fact they use a blend method that requires the raw power of the CPU in order to compute calculations, etc.  If there was a way to use your GPU (without using it as a Hack) it wouldn't matter what cpu you had.  Most upper end GPUs like the x1900 series and the 7800 to 7900 series still have computing power to spare and it's a shame that it's not taken advantage of in BF2 besides the prediction calculations you see in your normal everyday hacks.

Last edited by ECH (2006-11-11 05:48:01)

Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6428|Sweden
Fix the menu thing, update server list. It doesn't work. It should work as before, when you could click a server and it updated and also fix the thing that makes your fav. servers disappear when clicking update. It sucks. Other things, perhaps fix so you don't have to "reload" the shock paddles two times when it's been out of power. Personally I don't like the thing that you can't shot when jumping and the that your blocked from fireing when you go to prone. My thoughts.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6498

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

dude, your guy fails at thumbs down, his hands are completely backwards
LOL smartass +1
They are the right way around. Look in a mirror and give yourself a double thumbsdown.

If it was thumbs up you'd be right, but sadly, its not.
Fadediesel
+15|6416|Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Hmm, how bout the f-35's turning radius and the inability of the f-35's missles to hit the j-10.  I throw all 6 missles point blank at the j-10 and no hit, when I get smacked my 2 missles instantly by it.  WTF?
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655

DeathUnlimited wrote:

^^^*Someone has not mastered the art of rolling*^^^

It's part of the regular game play.  No special sequence of buttons, no exploitation, just normal gameplay.  Either learn to use it or continue to die from it.  It absolutely does NOT need to be nerfed!  Perfect example of someone whining about something because they can't do it.

[sarcasm]Well, I don't think anyone should be able to run anymore because targets are easier to hit when they move slower.[/sarcasm]

PS, I think the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] should really be added as BBCode.  I don't know what the result of that code should be, but it should be in there anyway.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

-Fix the f-35 and J-10 imbalance once and for all. The F-35 needs a smaller hitbox and better tracking AA missiles

-I heard the USS Essex has the AA missiles used by airplanes rather than the more accurate IGLA/Stinger. The Essex should get the missiles used by the IGLA/Stinger if this is true.

-Any stats regarding transports gotten in the Euro Force booster pack do not get recorded to your stats. If I get 10 minutes in a Transport, that doesn't save to my stats. This happens on ranked servers. Apparently people aren't even able to get their veteran transports on it. Very silly bug that shouldn't be there.

-Make G36E either less accurate, have lots of recoil, or be less damaging.

-Fix the bug where you think you fired a TV missile, as in you hear the sound and whatnot, but a missile doesnt actually fire

-Fix the bug where you fire a TV missile, switch to guns, then switch to the TV missile and it reloads again, as if it had never reloaded

-Add a stinger at the back of the TV Station on Sharqi

-Fix the netcode. Hit registration is horrific at times. TV missiles going straight thru choppers. Bullets not registering. KNIFE SWIPES showing dust but no kill.
ECH

Fadediesel wrote:

Hmm, how bout the f-35's turning radius and the inability of the f-35's missles to hit the j-10.  I throw all 6 missles point blank at the j-10 and no hit, when I get smacked my 2 missles instantly by it.  WTF?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6tph6p-Vc4&NR
this actually fixes that problem.
ECH

MastersMom wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

^^^*Someone has not mastered the art of rolling*^^^

It's part of the regular game play.  No special sequence of buttons, no exploitation, just normal gameplay.  Either learn to use it or continue to die from it.  It absolutely does NOT need to be nerfed!  Perfect example of someone whining about something because they can't do it.

[sarcasm]Well, I don't think anyone should be able to run anymore because targets are easier to hit when they move slower.[/sarcasm]

PS, I think the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] should really be added as BBCode.  I don't know what the result of that code should be, but it should be in there anyway.
You are so wrong that you are SELF OWNED.  Watch this video and see what happens when this guy rolls.  He actually moves a few feet to the side as it should be.  But this was the pre days of BF2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnzfXhmWllI

It makes me to see so much stuff missing out this game that was promoted in the vid.

Last edited by ECH (2006-11-11 06:02:29)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Fix the damn glitch where if you should an AT rocket at a jeep driving at you, it doesn't go through the damn jeep. I'd also like to see a city map with jets and helis, that would be interesting.
ECH
Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that we ignore minor problems with the game.  What I am angling for is that some improvements also be allowed to surface after a year!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
a urban map with USMC vs. PLA
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley
I think it will be a small bug fix patch, if they planned on big things like new maps, they would call it patch 1.5. A patch called 1.41 will be mainly bug fixes and minor adjustments, dont expect anything major.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
take away the no shooting while standing up thingy
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
bug fixes
ECH
The game browser with buddy finder from 2142 should be exported to BF2
Grenades and nube tube explosion radius be returned back to 1.0 era!!!! Muhuahahaha

Last edited by ECH (2006-11-11 09:16:55)

ECH
Is that all, you out of steam that fast? Sheesh
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

The only thing I would want from this v1.41 patch is to reduce the armor badge from 100 to 50 hrs and 400 to 150 like all the other badges.  Everything else, they can leave alone.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Armour badge...agreed. Maybe it should be a lil more than the heli/aviator medals since armour appears in every map in the game...choppers and jets dont. Make it at 75 for vet and 175-200 for expert. Although I do agree that it would make sense to have it the same as the others.

We dont want anything new, nothing changed - just fixes. Oh, except for new maps. At least 1 new map per game (vanilla/SF/EF/AF). SF really needs an additional map for Seals, Rebels and Insurgents. That might help to revitalise the game a lil bit for the more seasoned players.
DisasterMaster
+5|6404|(0,0,0)
1. Change the G36E, because it is M16++. Using logic, the G36E is too powerful or the M16 is underbalaced.
2. I don't fly that much, but many people say J10>F35 LOLZ. Fix one, or nerf the other.
3. The nade launcher should be more powerful, but not super powerful like before.
4. The blackhalk's mini-guns should have the power to kill, instead of tickling soldiers
5. Claymores should be detonable by grenade, so the USMC can actually strike Karkand.
6. More smoke grenades for Assault, or have the one smoke grenade WORK.
7. Make billy the instant prone person with perfect accuracy have bad accuracy while going to prone, THEN have better accuracy.
8. Fix the Iron sights of the mg36. (heck, fix the iron sights of all the guns, 98% of them are off)
9. Make it so you can whack people with the wrench ( I_ROXORZ[Wrench]Poor Noob)
10. Make it so you don't need the CD to play (please!)
acidkiller187
+123|6630
Give The F-35B a better fighting chance in air would be nice and make it possible not to statpad i guess that is about it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard