beerface702
+65|6663|las vegas
i havent seen a in game ad at all?

i feel left out waaa
Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK
Neither have i - not that that's a bad thing!
Green Jello
+47|6603|Reno, NV
You haven't seen the Intel one everywhere?

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/greenjello34/Misc%20WAR%20Stuff/screen002.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/greenjello34/Misc%20WAR%20Stuff/screen000.png
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6564|Iceland
only ads i've seen are those R4 and THE ENEMY IS OUT THERE and JOIN EU NOW
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6596|Canada
^^ yuup. not a single ad for me either... o well, i dont need to b sold a dual-core.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6435|Life in a vacuum sucks
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

SGT.Slayero wrote:

Calling all bounty hunters
Hold it, you even get those in Single Player?
Proud member of a dead community.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6519|Southeastern USA
i like to erase my cookies alot, i wonder if that has something to do with it
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK
ive seen posters change like the join pac! and join eu! ones and fly to berlin but no actual adds
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

There are .tga files within the game files, I opened up some of them last night. Basically, you can photoshop a photo, and re-insert it into the game as a billboard, kinda cool.
Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden

stryyker wrote:

There are .tga files within the game files, I opened up some of them last night. Basically, you can photoshop a photo, and re-insert it into the game as a billboard, kinda cool.
If you really are a self centered Ego all the pictures would consist of your name and l33t after it or something like that. XD

Anyway I have yet to see a add. Maybe it's because no Swedish game company wanna put their ads in BF2142. :3 I'm totally ok with that thou.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

kr@cker wrote:

No. As has been said a gazillion times. Your cookies aren't scanned, your surfing history isn't scanned either. nothing you do outside the game is scanned. Well it's not scanned by EA. It might be scanned by some spyware you have on your computer, but that's a different story.
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6365|England
What the hell are those ads about that tell me to 'Search for #1 Simonmoon' and then telling me about a $2142 dollar reward? Im so confused lol.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America

kr@cker wrote:

I keep only about 2 cookies maximum at any time.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

stryyker wrote:

What's the TGA file name for the billboards?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Dex Luther wrote:

stryyker wrote:

No idea, all i know is it took me hours to find them. its like "PAC-board1x" or something to that affect.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

stryyker wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

stryyker wrote:

No idea, all i know is it took me hours to find them. its like "PAC-board1x" or something to that affect.
If they're in the ZIPs, chances are that putting in "custom" boards will cause you to get booted at Verifying Client Data.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Hurricane wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

If they're in the ZIPs, chances are that putting in "custom" boards will cause you to get booted at Verifying Client Data.
Yep.
which is too bad, I redid all billboards with Andre the Giant.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6541

stryyker wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Yep.
which is too bad, I redid all billboards with Andre the Giant.
Hah That'd be awesome if you could edit them. Endless fun... until it gets boring quickly.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I still only see the recrutment adds.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Same here. I wanted to put in my own sexy ads and maybe the occasional "Dex is awesome" billboard.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6504|Edmonton Alberta

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

Hurricane wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

However, if that were true wouldn't EA putting their own custom ads get rejected by the "Verifying Client Data?"
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6675|Antarctica

Dex Luther wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

stryyker wrote:

However, if that were true wouldn't EA putting their own custom ads get rejected by the "Verifying Client Data?"
go try it and tell us.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

go try it and tell us.
I looked within the map zip files and there's nothing about billboards in there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard