spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6644|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

lavadisk wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

Me thinks you just switch between the seats whilst somebody hovers above the titan.
winner.
You've unlocked: Poor coding glitch.
HUZZAH!!

Not that im ever going to use it.
bit like me with any of the left tier Recon kit then.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6537|Edmonton Alberta
the only good thing about the left side of the recon kit is claymores so you can spam them in the titan
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6832|Denver colorado
I've already got my ZOMGLAZORGUNPEWPEW unlocks I need for now.
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia
OK I don't have 2142 so can someone fill me in?

From reading the above I take it that you get a 'titan drop' point when someone leaves the pod, and it counts as leaving the pod if you change from one seat to another, so if you just keep switching seats you get a point each time. As well as that you get 20 points for a pin you get when you get 10 titan drop points. So if you switch seats 10 times you get 10 points plus 20 points for the pin = 30 points.

Did I get that right?
Uberge
Sigs are for n00bs
+17|6440|Sydney, Australia
I think the simple solution to the glitch is turning off the transporter pin, then subtracting all transporter points + (20 x Transporter pins) from every account, obviously some honest ppl who actually try to get Transport points / pins in the conventional manor might get a little pissed, but thats ok cos really if transporting is your main aim at this game then really you should be playing a different game.

With this problem out of the way they can fix and restore it the way it should be.
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
You do realize, spawnofthemist, that now that the secret is out, everyone and their mother is going to exploit this until the next patch?  Way to go *insert random insult*; the number of people that read these forums is staggering, by noon tomorrow everyone will be glitching their way to the top (READ Moderators: silence this post).  Although I have to admit, this will probably get that patch out sooner than we expected, so it's not like it's the end of the world.  The top couple hundred (or thousand) players are about to get sent back to basic training, too...except me and a few other guys, probably.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548

Uberge wrote:

I think the simple solution to the glitch is turning off the transporter pin, then subtracting all transporter points + (20 x Transporter pins) from every account, obviously some honest ppl who actually try to get Transport points / pins in the conventional manor might get a little pissed, but thats ok cos really if transporting is your main aim at this game then really you should be playing a different game.

With this problem out of the way they can fix and restore it the way it should be.
Or limit how many titan drop points you can get and reset everyone with a 9000 best round.

I'm so glad you guys are helping to get the patch out faster! Nothing bad ever came from EA rushing things, right?

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-11-08 20:10:12)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6446|California
uh... i tried switching seats over the enemy titan when some1 else was flying and nothing happened and the guy who was flying got no points either.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6832|Denver colorado

RandomSchl wrote:

uh... i tried switching seats over the enemy titan when some1 else was flying and nothing happened and the guy who was flying got no points either.
COOL! gtfo moron.
spawnofthemist
Banned
new best round score:

https://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4052/bf214220061109045233qk4.png
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6489|Melbourne

Key word in that picture:

DEFEAT
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
irok100
+114|6651
i say mad props for beating the system, hes clearly not the type to statpad for scoreboard purposes, and poses a good point that the people at EA/Dice are ADHD off the fuckin walls, and can't sit down for five minutes to do something right... We knew about 2142  when... like what october last year... know what i said when they released it? About fuckin time.... it shouldn't take a whole year to program a game with no graphics upgrading with no new engine making this "game" more or less a mod.  And know what.. those retarded lazy disfunctional drones at Dice released the game too soon... COME ON... if ur gonna spend a year modding a game... spend some time fixing the bugs
spawnofthemist
Banned
exactly.

even after the closed alpha, open beta 1, open beta 2 and closed beta 3   (which THOUSANDS of people participated in) there are still bugs like this one.

But.. the beta testing was open to us..
so are we to blame?

or was that a coverup by DICE so they could shift the blame if something this big got through..

my guess is the latter..
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Haha, nice point. Damn you beta testers and your shitty quality control.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland

Flecco wrote:

u sould have seen them ''testers'' it was like they were playing to get number 1 in the ranking system, no1 was finding glitches and some were stat padding.

but when i was in beta i never knew u'd get points for hovering  over titan and drop ppl of and i NEVER saw any1 do it.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-11-08 23:32:39)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Magius5.0 wrote:

You do realize, spawnofthemist, that now that the secret is out, everyone and their mother is going to exploit this until the next patch?  Way to go *insert random insult*; the number of people that read these forums is staggering, by noon tomorrow everyone will be glitching their way to the top (READ Moderators: silence this post).  Although I have to admit, this will probably get that patch out sooner than we expected, so it's not like it's the end of the world.  The top couple hundred (or thousand) players are about to get sent back to basic training, too...except me and a few other guys, probably.
All the so called secrets should be in the open as soon as possible to uncover the crappy coding and useless programmers that no longer take pride in their work.

The more people using the glitches and padding their way to the top the better, that may and i only say may get EA to realize they should do their job much better than this.

This is what i suspected from the beginning and is why i didn`t spend any money on BF2142, BF2142 is worse now compared to how BF2 have ever been.

So for the first time in history i want to thank spawn for a job well done

Last edited by Varegg (2006-11-08 23:42:09)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
spawnofthemist
Banned

Varegg wrote:

it brings a single tear to my eye.
it's beautiful.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6543|Doncaster UK
good job on telling the world,the quicker it gets patched the better!

+1 on a job well done spawn

ps are you going for your third reset??
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6695
wow, I didn't know about this glitch. I remember now playing on Sidi the other night and there was a guy hovering like 400m above a base, I figured he was doing this just so we could cap the flag, I guess he was glitching though. It's like they turned the age old tactic that has been around since BFV into an exploit. gg EA

FAIL!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

spawnofthemist wrote:

Varegg wrote:

it brings a single tear to my eye.
it's beautiful.
Well, cry me a river bitch !!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Master*
Banned
+416|6497|United States

kr@cker wrote:

closes bf2 and starts up 2142
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Flecco wrote:

u sould have seen them ''testers'' it was like they were playing to get number 1 in the ranking system, no1 was finding glitches and some were stat padding.

but when i was in beta i never knew u'd get points for hovering  over titan and drop ppl of and i NEVER saw any1 do it.
It's probably something that was introduced since the beta, possibly even as a fix to something else that was spotted.
Master*
Banned
+416|6497|United States

RandomSchl wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Hint : go to google video and type in "bf 2142 point glitch"
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
this is exaclty how you show EA that they should have taken care of this initially. nothing gets the point across better than rubbing their noses in it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
spawnofthemist
Banned
i like you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard