nlsme
+48|6415|new york
nope good observation there buddy and your not so 1337 yourself,ntw there is more then one map you know?

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-07 09:46:24)

LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

nlsme wrote:

nope good observation there buddy and your not so 1337 yourself,ntw there is more then one map you know?
I never said I was 1337. I was just tring to get feedback about why attacking or raiding uncaps is strictly prohibited on some servers.

I play Sharqi a lot because it has a good variety of vehicles and is setup for some interesting infantry battles as well. When it comes down to it, it's just fun.  I'd probably play more air maps if I had a joystick, I just don't like driving around all day.
jarhedch
+12|6669|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st
Our server allows attacks on uncaps, the only thing we don't allow is spawn camping caps, so that the opposing team can build their points, we expect you to takle the flag instead of waiting outside for peeps to spawn and then nailing them.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
i was talking to uredead he said i cant groundpound but he sucks as much as me at it
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

nlsme wrote:

i was talking to uredead he said i cant groundpound but he sucks as much as me at it
Oh... Sorry then. My mistake.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
no prob and sharqi is an excellent example of how ridiculous it is to say you cant attack an uncap

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-07 10:01:09)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
banned for killing CO in an uncap? what a load of bullshit!! I can just see rommel telling patton "I GOT BASE!!"
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6618|inside the recesses of your...

nlsme wrote:

Um, yeah.

0.69 KD vs 1.14 KD is REAALLL close. 

Sorry, this is basically my only account.  I was a noob at first like everyone.  Ground pounding I regularly get 2:1 KD so I'm not sure that qualifies under the heading of "Sucks".
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

lol.  People are still crying about spawn raping? lol.  Two things to avoid getting raped....either find another way around it or quit and come on the forums and whine about it.  Seems a lot of people here chose the latter.
J][gga
+8|6653

IRONCHEF wrote:

If you're on Jalalabad, and MEC is closing in around the USMC uncap base, it gets very intense, there's alot of killing on both sides (and points) so it can be fine to base rape.  Sure the USMC gets in this situation alot in my experience and that's because of poor map design.

But depending on the people playing, this may become undesirable and then prohibited..causing mec to hold at the hills...giving USMC a little needed help. 

The point of not raping uncaps is more to keep players on your server.  If people are getting pissed at being spawn raped over and over, they'll leave.  Then it'll be hard to resume a full server.
For someone who thinks Jalalalalalabad has a bad map design.... u sure do play it enough.... i was owning u last nite in the B1 station lol.....

PLease ComE AGAIN!!!!
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
well like you said i was a noob at once as well and i havent ground pounded since then and our overall isnt that far off.my current play time is dedicated to where i will be more useful in a vehicle.and if you only play one map it isnt that hard to get a 2 to 1 kdr.most of my "ground pounding" is spent on a carrier waiting for a jet or heli to spawn, so because i have died over a thousand times waiting for such i must suck on the ground stfu dude you look too far into stats to know what you are talking about.if i wanted to ground pound like you i would and those stats would rise buddy.but i like to play more then one map and use more then one weapon,unlike you.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6681
I've been playing BF since 1942 beta, awesome series. But the "rules" are a bit pathetic on alot of servers. I understand servers have to work with the public a bit to keep there servers running, but some rules they have are radiculous.

When they realize they can't or they "chose" not to adapt, they complain and make rules. In 1942 if a tank was in your base you did something about it. In Bf2 you cry to the admins and instead of going AT to kill the "camper", you get him kicked. Your unable to out "skill" the enemy, so you twist the game to work for you. And wheather or not you think camping in a main base is skillfull or not. Its the skill that you do not possess to kill the enemy. And by saying "how can you?", "its impossible", "unfair", "blah blah blah", your pretty much saying that YOU are unable to kill the enemy, and YOU need some "assistance". Its like a "handy cap". Your not good enough, so you set rules the "computer" has to follow. But when its all out war.. You know level 10, you get your ass kicked.

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.. yea.. you assholes remodled.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6652|pimelteror.de
i´ve seen many guys, who can´t shoot with rifles padding their stats by cheap baseraping....

sure it takes skills, to get out of a raping situation - but that´s not, what the game is all about. you meet with some guys, to play a competition together - you are NOT at war.

as i often said before: every game has it´s rules of fairplay (just think of soccer: why there is the offside-rule? think of boxing: why it isn´t allowed, to keep on bashing the opponent, when he already went down? )
but at least, it is useless to explain to assholes, who keep on taking this game to seriously, that you still can have  a good match, by respecting the uncap and with skills, you can still own them when they are out of it.
only lowskilled assholes don´t give a fair competition..
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
again i say how is it unfair anyone can do it it is part of the game.adapt and overcome
i know i feel good when i kill the rapers thus it is fun for me even when i get raped it is fun to try and outwit the raper you must be one of those asshats that doesnt have fun if you get killed
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
Most of these servers will ban you for attacking it just once, come on how gay is that. If i"m in a jet I usually don't rape as you see it, I will attack it but not circle endlessly just attacking the carrier. I am all over the map I follow a jet and on the way out to the carrier i kill a cobra, then over the carrier i kill said jet but he bailed, so i cant circle around and get another kill on a heli i know will be there, or bomb that pussy pilot that bailed? I have to give up that run and then do it all over again, how is that fair? I have never been killed in my uncap more than twice by the same camper, I adapt, spawn somewhere else, spawn with a more suitable weapon, or just hide till he has to rearm...
For those of you that cant overcome a camper stop whining and adapt
uredead pointed out i suck at "GROUND POUNDING", nope my stats have just suffered from being on the receiving end of rapers. Do i whine about it NO it is part of the game.....

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-07 10:28:24)

URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

nlsme wrote:

well like you said i was a noob at once as well and i havent ground pounded since then and our overall isnt that far off.my current play time is dedicated to where i will be more useful in a vehicle.and if you only play one map it isnt that hard to get a 2 to 1 kdr.most of my "ground pounding" is spent on a carrier waiting for a jet or heli to spawn, so because i have died over a thousand times waiting for such i must suck on the ground stfu dude you look too far into stats to know what you are talking about.if i wanted to ground pound like you i would and those stats would rise buddy.but i like to play more then one map and use more then one weapon,unlike you.
How am I using "one weapon" when I'm just support expert away from experts in all kits?

And map-wise, the CLAN I like to hang with runs a 24/7 Ghost Town.  If you check their stats you MIGHT find they are heavy on GT also.

And yes, I do fine on ANY map, thank you.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
not a personal attack i was just stating that you cant really compare stats the way you were, you commented on my grounpounding abilities, when i DONT groundpound
btw my accuracy spanks yours

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-07 10:36:40)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6746|Mexico City
i agree of uncap rapping when u have ALL the flags, but not camping for spawn rapping uncaps because u r killing people that just spawned, that is not a challenge, u will get 3 or 4 kills, but always one of the recently spawn killed will spawn back as sniper, AT or SF and u will be gone fast.
Also, spawn rappers dont finish first.
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

nlsme wrote:

not a personal attack i was just stating that you cant really compare stats the way you were, you commented on my grounpounding abilities, when i DONT groundpound
I bow to you.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

i agree of uncap rapping when u have ALL the flags, but not camping for spawn rapping uncaps because u r killing people that just spawned, that is not a challenge, u will get 3 or 4 kills, but always one of the recently spawn killed will spawn back as sniper, AT or SF and u will be gone fast.
never seen someone "rapping" at an uncap j/k man and i think a couple of my 600 golds will disagree with you
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

URE_DED wrote:

nlsme wrote:

I bow to you.
no need just keep an open mind and play to win ffs, oh and dont forget to have fun
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

nlsme wrote:

never seen someone "rapping" at an uncap j/k man and i think a couple of my 600 golds will disagree with you
Didn't Run DMC have a song called "Spawn Killas" back in the 80s?
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

URE_DED wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Didn't Run DMC have a song called "Spawn Killas" back in the 80s?
maybe i was wrong lol
RustyNails
BF2s US Server Admin
+31|6618|Margaritaville via Austin

let's not bicker and argue about who's killing who.....

seriously though...i love base raping, rapping, assault and battery, non-consenual termination or whatever else you want to call it.  I've been on the receiving end and I swear my guy is walking funny in the next round after it happens...not fun.  Yes, managing to spawn somewhere where you don't get blown to bits by all of the enemy armor parked in a noncap and you get a chance to C4/TOW/AA whatever em to kingdom come is quite satisfying, however, i have more fun out on the battlefield trying to kill each other in a civilized manner :-)   Server rules are server rules though.  I seem to play more of certain maps because that's where my friends play, we move every now and then but since we like playing together, we usually play on the same maps so we live with the rules.  Why the rules???  there are a thousand different reasons the server admins may have, none of which they have to justify to anyone who is not paying for the server.  It boils down to this...if that's the way (uh-huh) they like it, and the ROE allows it....let it be and play by their rules or find a BF2 pound 'em in the ass server...

Either way....

Watch out for your cornhole buddy!

Last edited by RustyNails (2006-11-07 14:34:25)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6523|the Netherlands

ECH wrote:

manitobapaintballa wrote:

funny things about uncaps is they got defences for a reason use them
1 SAM site?  You call that a defense?  A place where they know if a missle is launched they can kill them before the sam reloads...easy kill.
Yep sucks too, Jets can spot that a player has entered AA or stinger ... IRL wouldnt they be camouflaged??
Would be cool the Commander can deploy these things anywere on the Battlefield ..no ?
I think alot BF2 WAZZZZZZAUUUUUP
goodgame buddy

So .... Why do so many servers prohibit attacking or entering uncaps? cause the admins are afraid ...VERY AFRAID to LOOOSE !!! D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !D' oh !

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-12-28 11:43:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard