Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6627|Las Vegas
Click here to watch 2142planetapeshax

Starting to wonder bout all these high scorin dudes now! The admins were telling us that they were getting the point legit!!!  About 3 to 5 points a second! Now THAT"S some team players!!!  The 'Locked' Squad finished one map with over 7000 pts! Where can they be turned in?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6810|California

Lol
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6570|Somewhere else

Csi: Bf2142u
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6645|An Hour North of Indy
that is pretty funny. Incidentally, i dont play BF2142.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6717|Los Angeles, California, US.
Lmfao Thank You, First Laugh In 2 Weeks, Rofl.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6742|Spokane, Washington

one word. WOW
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6625|Edmonton Alberta
they obviously found out how to do this

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51979
LT.Victim
+1,175|6653|British Columbia, Canada
Lol..

I guess thats how "IFOUNDAGLITCH" got the number 1 place in like 2 hours..
Poppycock
+16|6633|Bellevue, NE
I think I've seen a similar thing in BF2....something to do with a glitch where you get points for dying or suicide or something....but I could be way off...
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6931
daMn
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6853

Monkey business in the ape's server... what a coincidence.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6625|Edmonton Alberta
hopefully that glitch doesnt end up on youtube or there will be tons of people doing it
LT.Victim
+1,175|6653|British Columbia, Canada

straz_mataz wrote:

hopefully that glitch doesnt end up on youtube or there will be tons of people doing it
And tons of people reset.
HellGuard99
+2|6615
lawl
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6627|Las Vegas

LT.Victim wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

And tons of people reset.
Hope you're right,  we work hard for our points.
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6708|Mars
Ya, I ran across three people doing this on a server, so I decided to get as many screenshots as possible. I got about 12 screenshots when I realized that I still had CamStudio on my computer (kind of a crappy program to capture video), so I loaded it up and went hunting for one of the cheaters I saw. I found him on a different server, got lucky and was able to record 6 more people doing the same thing too!!! So, I think that brings the total of players going to lose their cd keys due to my up to 9. What I want to know is how do they think they are going to get away with it? I mean, a score of even 200 teamwork points would raise some people's eyebrows, but a score of 2,000 teamwork points with even no proof of statpadding is enough in itself to get their cd keys revoked. Does anyone else not understand this?

Ohh, and is there a place where I can just hand this video over and my 15 screenshots and not have to fill out a seperate report on EACH player? I don't really look forward to making a report 9 times including the same screenshots and video.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6627|Las Vegas

Daniel_Malloy wrote:

Ya, I ran across three people doing this on a server, so I decided to get as many screenshots as possible. I got about 12 screenshots when I realized that I still had CamStudio on my computer (kind of a crappy program to capture video), so I loaded it up and went hunting for one of the cheaters I saw. I found him on a different server, got lucky and was able to record 6 more people doing the same thing too!!! So, I think that brings the total of players going to lose their cd keys due to my up to 9. What I want to know is how do they think they are going to get away with it? I mean, a score of even 200 teamwork points would raise some people's eyebrows, but a score of 2,000 teamwork points with even no proof of statpadding is enough in itself to get their cd keys revoked. Does anyone else not understand this?

Ohh, and is there a place where I can just hand this video over and my 15 screenshots and not have to fill out a seperate report on EACH player? I don't really look forward to making a report 9 times including the same screenshots and video.
All I know of is http://www.bfroe.com I reported the server and gave them a URL to my Fraps, they can make their own decision about the players in it.

Good gaming

Last edited by Snipingruven (2006-11-07 09:03:16)

Daniel_Malloy
+0|6708|Mars
I started to do that, but I had to wait 5 minutes after reporting one player to be able to report another, so I am just sending mine directly to EA through their technical support in hopes that they can forward it to whoever it needs to get to. I sent you a link to a post on the EA forums about this statpadding. It should explain a lot of what's going on right now.
Magius5.0
+106|6472|UMass Amherst
These 'sploiters need to be hunted down and have their game CD's/DVD's shattered.  The best thing you can do when finding a bug is report it, NOT capitalize on it.  Point whores...
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6708|Mars
Ya, that's what I'm doing. I want to know though is this legal? I know people have said in-game that since it is not a "hack", but an actual feature in the game (and I think it is good that it is included in the game, but NOT, repeat, NOT in it's present state) and therefore it is not cheating, hacking, capatalizing on a glitch, or stat padding (at least the definition of "stat padding" it I am familiar with). Also, I think that the ROE for Battlefield 2142 need to be released ASAP because as far as I can tell, even cheating is not technically against the rules as of yet because of all the debate whether the ROE's from Battlefield 2 can be carried over has seemed to disappear (if anyone knows where I can find it, please send it my way).

Another thing that worries me is that all us honest players might be left in the dust by all these people taking advantage of this feature in the game because we know it will take EA at least some time to patch it. I'm hoping that by posting this and more honest players doing this too, that we will get an answer from EA aboutthe actions they are going to take because heck, if most people ends up doing this then all us honest people will be screwed since we won't have all the unlocks and we won't be able to play as commander because of our low ranks. Next thing we know, the leaderboards will become one massive example of little EA is paying attention to their quality control.
Zukabazuka
+23|6776
No I hope all who do this will get their stats reseted, its a exploit and DICE wouldn't put this in, they missed it because it seems to be hard to find.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6812|Oregon
its not really that hard to find. my clan found it 2nd day of launch. we reported it to a member of BFROE that same day via totalbf2142.com. and yes, its the same glitch that ifoundaglitch was using....we've been in touch

as he said, we'll show you how to do it after they patch it...which better be this month..especially after the attention that ifoundaglitch got.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6621

mmm, thats nice
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6919|OP, KS

Snipingruven wrote:

Click here to watch 2142planetapeshax

Starting to wonder bout all these high scorin dudes now! The admins were telling us that they were getting the point legit!!!  About 3 to 5 points a second! Now THAT"S some team players!!!  The 'Locked' Squad finished one map with over 7000 pts! Where can they be turned in?
You goto BF ROE there you can report players and servers here you can add files to your report.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2006-11-07 23:54:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard