nlsme
+48|6415|new york
umm then why didnt they patch it?,if they didnt "mean" that then they would have made it a zone that you couldnt enter very simple, and it is very enjoyable, if you know how to play. you wont always win and you wont always be camped if so then uninstall!!!

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-06 10:11:22)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6652|pimelteror.de
you still don´t get it...

you can still enter uncaps to blow up the com-tools.

if you play in a league/clan war, go and rape the uncap and do anything for victory.

but in a public game, where there are mixed teams, pros and newbs, people who have 2GB ram and others who only have 512MB ram and so on, it is a matter of fair play, to NOT rape the uncap.
there can never be fair settings on publics, so that is something, the players have to enforce. play fair - fight hard.
at least, you can not code everything: there are still possibilities to glitch into buildings - so is it the way dice meant the game to be played, only because it is possible?
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6556|83Division.com

SargeV1.4 wrote:

JeeSqwat wrote:

no rules to war...thats how it should be played..killl anyway how or be killed
I love it how people suit their opinions to the situation: If they get their ass handed to them by a better player, they say "oh well at least I just play for fun." If they're on top of the boards it's all about how good they are. If people want more realism, they get told to fuck off because "it's just a game." and when it's about baseraping, you can all fall back on your "it's war, live with it".

Seriously, fuck off. Baseraping is nothing but a cheap, skilless way to get lots of kills. No matter how you put it.
Amen to that.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
umm get a clue dude when they learn of the glitch they code it they havent touched this since day one so it is obvious they intended for it, and they did code a few weapons to defend them with,or are they just for show?and like you said pubs will never be even because of pc differences so why not take advantage of what you can?just cause some people dont like it?if you dont like it do it back,as simple as that not only the carriers can be raped so get them where you can and then they cant rape.i"ve been a the receiving end many times, never do i whine or call the person a noob, instead i do something that might be useful.maybe it is a cheap way to get kills but so is going after armor in a heli, or killing inf with armor,or flying a j10,  or so many other "tactics"that people will flame me for compairing them. but honestly why is one gay thing worse then the other.seriously get some skill and quit bitching its a game...
[AR15]GerberSchwintz
+3|6638
I kill people where ever I find them, uncap or not. If the people who whined in game the whole time tried to root out the people in the uncap they would help their team and their scores.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

Drexel wrote:

I'm an admin on a server that enforces the rules of no entering an uncap.  I understand your arguments mindbullets, but you said that it would be ok to attack thoes bases as long as you don't spawn camp.  No offence, but I don't see how you can attack a spawn and not call it spawncamping.

I enforce these rules because more than 90% of the people who enter these uncaps go in with the intent to go kill everyone that they can before they die.  If they would just sit back at the first flag and still have that attitude, I feel the game flows much better and less people are happy.

When there are people in the uncaps, just about everyone on the uncap's team gets angry, where if you deny the entry, then one or two people on the other team get angry.

Either way, it's a prefrence, and if you don't like a server, well there's about 5000 others.  I'm sure you'll find one you'll like.
Actually, if we want to get technical there are 3 different terms that can be applied to uncaps. There's spawn camping, base raping, and base raiding.

Spawn camping in it's most technical sense as it's applied to any game, whether it's BF2 or Unreal, is killing someone at the precise point that they spawn in at on the map. In BF2 every flag has about 3-5 spawn points, which I think are actually referred to as insertion points in the BF2 map editor. If you are interested you can download the BF2 mod tools and map editor and open up an existing map and you'll actually be able to see exactly where someone will potentially spawn in at for a particular flag. Memorizing these spawn or insertion points and placing your crosshair over them so that you can kill someone right as they spawn in is spawn killing in the technical sense and definitely should be prohibited. I've seen a coordinated squad that knew exactly where all the spawn points were for the market flag in Karkand and parked or stood over them so that the enemy could only spawn in at the last remaining insertion point so they could instantly get a kill from the only remaining spawn point for the flag. To make things worse it was MEC's last flag and they weren't even trying to cap it, just stat pad.

Base raping or spawn raping as it's sometimes referred to is a slightly different practice where a base or uncap is attacked either from inside or outside the perimeter, but without employing the spawn camping practice of placing your crosshairs on specific spawn points for instant kills. Usually base raping occurs after the enemy of the target base has already spawned and is trying to get out or defend the base. Bombing a carrier runway for instance would be considered an act of base raping as opposed to spawn camping because the pilot can't target a specific spawn point of the uncap (unless he's really researched it and perfected his strike routine) but can simply hope to attack enemy units or vehicles that are already in the uncap and are trying to defend it or disperse from the flag.

Base raiding is where a base or uncap is attacked with a specific strategic objective, whether it be to destroy commander assets, destroy vehicle assets, steal vehicles, or pin down an advancing enemy army near one of your team's flags. I think most players don't have a problem with base raids, but because spawn camping and base raping annoys so many people it seems that many servers seem to prohibit all 3 practices, except for the very specific aspect of destroying commander assets.

As others have said though, I don't think those players who like to employ practices of base raiding should be punished because of the few players who like to practice spawn camping or over-zealous base raping.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6652|pimelteror.de

nlsme wrote:

its a game...
and every game has its rules of fairplay. but lamers still won´t understand this important point. "it´s a wargame!", "kill them, where i find them!", "code it, don´t roe it!".... you guys suck.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
umm  ive never seen a fps that said you cant shoot me or kill me,and anyone can do it so how is it not "fair"come on you can do better then that

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-06 18:34:38)

OpsChief
+101|6676|Southern California

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Why is everyone assuming the "lets keep them in their base so we can win" scenario?

two things:
1: Barely anybody cares about winning. They care about their score and KD.
2: the majority of the time baseraping is not to keep people in their bases, it's to improve someone's score. And almost always the baserapees team do have flags.
lol

i reject your assumption about other people's assumptions but only because I assume nobody has done a genuine study to prove your "two things". I admin a ranked server that allows, encourages teamwork and strategic level play and the few so-called baserapers and spawn campers who are stat padders don't have the skill to survive doing that very long because they get overwhelmed by people who know that base defense is part of the game. The teamplaying strategic guys get into the base take care of business, render the enemy commander a blind eunuch, steal everything that ain't nailed down then go add to the fight (or stop to have a cold beer at the Karkand Hotel Lounge and Kaoroke Bar). The regular players who notice people wasting time usually start up a vote or use some other method of persuasion to motivate the lazy attempted stat padder.

Sometimes pinning the enemy down in his home base is good because if he has a better players why be pwned if you can pwn the pwners.

I like seeing my squad all over the post-game board at the end of a winning game but the best games are the 1-0  2-0  type dead even finish sweaty bloody desparate struggles that last too long but, winning is nice, stats except to earn unlocks are useless baggage but then those warbadges are kinda pretty on our uniforms at parties right? The ladies love 'em.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

OpsChief wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Why is everyone assuming the "lets keep them in their base so we can win" scenario?

two things:
1: Barely anybody cares about winning. They care about their score and KD.
2: the majority of the time baseraping is not to keep people in their bases, it's to improve someone's score. And almost always the baserapees team do have flags.
lol

i reject your assumption about other people's assumptions but only because I assume nobody has done a genuine study to prove your "two things". I admin a ranked server that allows, encourages teamwork and strategic level play and the few so-called baserapers and spawn campers who are stat padders don't have the skill to survive doing that very long because they get overwhelmed by people who know that base defense is part of the game. The teamplaying strategic guys get into the base take care of business, render the enemy commander a blind eunuch, steal everything that ain't nailed down then go add to the fight (or stop to have a cold beer at the Karkand Hotel Lounge and Kaoroke Bar). The regular players who notice people wasting time usually start up a vote or use some other method of persuasion to motivate the lazy attempted stat padder.

Sometimes pinning the enemy down in his home base is good because if he has a better players why be pwned if you can pwn the pwners.

I like seeing my squad all over the post-game board at the end of a winning game but the best games are the 1-0  2-0  type dead even finish sweaty bloody desparate struggles that last too long but, winning is nice, stats except to earn unlocks are useless baggage but then those warbadges are kinda pretty on our uniforms at parties right? The ladies love 'em.
very nicely put +1 from me buddy
OpsChief
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't BF2 have alot more spawn points to choose from compared to the previous FPS games? (at least the games I tried had only a few). How many previous FPS had mobile spawn points?

This is a different game, not a pure FPS but a combined arms, team-based, multi-level Strategic Shooter. A spawn camper can only exist in a game that has rules against spawn camping. Adjust to the environment don't keep spawning into enemy ambushes that's kind of insane. If it is the last point you have just hold off and start a new game
OpsChief

[AR15]GerberSchwintz wrote:

I kill people where ever I find them, uncap or not. If the people who whined in game the whole time tried to root out the people in the uncap they would help their team and their scores.
well said Gerber +1

So ya gotta baseraper eh? welllll, go kill him! Don't ask the admin to do your job Soldier!!! What are you gettin' paid for anyway? What's that? you say "it will take too long to hunt down and kill the raper?" and your points will go down...   hmmm so you cry stat padding only when it interferes with your, uh, statpadding!
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6479|Somewhere else

IM also kinda wondering really, why does anyone give a shit about "winning the round" as an army?  Points, fine, get a gold star, but who gives a shit if the team wins. Now that the War College Ribbon is based on time and command points. your W/L ratio doesn't mean jack. W/L isn't usually determined by you, the one player, but the ability of your team anyway, i'll stick to a shitty team and lose a round. oh well, medic whore it.

So, by not raping the uncap it gives a better battle. Better Battle=More points.   And if you are not in it for points at all, what would be the fun of targeting a spawn SPOT and waiting someone to spawn, and kill them within 1/2 a second of thier current life. IF that entertains you, there is this sweet game iv'e seen at Chuck-e Cheese's... it's called "whack-a-mole".

Not that I mind being raped, its part of the game if the server Admins give the go ahead, but I don't rape, unless there's an enemy sniper.  Ill medic and supply the living shit out of the rapers, but leave the killing to them. Uncap raping gives the enemy no chance (jalalabad). IT's lame.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-11-06 19:14:23)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6652|pimelteror.de

nlsme wrote:

how is it not "fair"
you don´t even try to understand - so you are not able or to lazy. why should i waste a single word more on you?
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

nlsme wrote:

how is it not "fair"
you don´t even try to understand - so you are not able or to lazy. why should i waste a single word more on you?
Please enlighten me as why its not fair when anyone can do it. Every team has an advantage the j10s are better then the f35s and can rape all day long, but the cobra is better then the other helis and can rape all day long.what i am saying is the key to a good player is being able to overcome or ADAPT. I have been raped by both and what i do is rape back. Rape the raper, so to speak. If I'm on the us side of things and we have a pesky raper ill get in my cobra and head for their main(they have to rearm sometime so eventually you will be able to get up).Along my way i will try to invoke that RAPER into attacking me i will try to make him crash into the ground or give him a nice little TV when he slows down to TRY and kill me. Once he is down I can keep him down. Or ill SPAWN SOMEWHERE ELSE and take a dpv back to the base and wait for him to die. When he does that j10 is mine.
You my friend are probably someone with the uber PC (c2d 4gigs ram superb gpu) and like to take the easy kills of the less 1337 PC's then smack talk. There is more of a disadvantage having a crappy PC playing against uber ones then there is by being base raped.

And again have you ever seen a fps that said DONT SHOOT ME? I havent!!! Had to edit that in seeings how you were NOT ABLE to READ, or unable to respond to that.

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-07 07:13:10)

URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6619|inside the recesses of your...

nlsme wrote:

if you sit back you have to wait for them to fight over that precious tank then wait another ten minutes for them to attack you.
As server admins say on these types of servers: go play somewhere else if you don't like it.  You're not bound.  There are plenty of "it's war, deal with it" type servers.  Go away.  Enjoy.

nlsme wrote:

Just because it cant be "captured doesnt mean it is of no strategic value. That is where the most valued assets of the game are, so to deprive a team of those assets holds an extrememly large STRATEGIC value.
Who says its not strategic.  Of course it is and the admins choose to add to the "strategic-ness" of the noncap to make it a safe-haven for that team.  Logically, I of course agree with you.  But you don't pay for the server.  You don't admin the server.  Why should you be shocked if clans want to set up their OWN rules for their OWN server?

nlsme wrote:

It is lame to forbid the game to be played the way dice "MEANT" for it to be played
Check out rockheadgaming.com in the forums - one of the admins posted an excellent explanation of thier rules and how they are COMPATIBLE with the basic rules setup by DICE.  Basically, DICE says that the rules enforced by servers like these are completely acceptable.  So in short, you're wrong.  These servers ARE playing the game the way it's "meant to be played" according to DICE.  Boo hoo for you and you no-skill spawn campers.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
umm dice didn't say that bfroe did in conjunction with ea,i was saying when it was made they had NO intent of having SAFE HAVENS. If they kick me then fine i wont go back, but if they have no rules for such dont kick for it. You argued none of my points yet quoted me 3 times.
Saying you cant kill me is plane old chicken shit gaming and thats that.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6738
I hate the fact that you cannot tactically do this.  I.E. On Operation dropping bombs on the helo pads/f15 hangar, or in other cases where supression at the uncap level is effective. Or if they have no other flags capped, there is nothing else to do.

On the other side, if an entire squad is farking around a uncap for no reason, then their team suffers.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
cuz they're usually pussy admins with clans that can't play as squads/teams or coordinate attack and defense for shit, if im not supposed to bomb your uncap then why does your uncap have AA? If I'm not supposed to roll a tank into your hangar then why is there a TOW bunker outside? I attack your uncap because it has assets necessary for your victory, assets being trailers, arty, vehicles, and soldiers. fuck you, it's war, my job is to kill people and break things.
OpsChief

RoosterCantrell wrote:

IM also kinda wondering really, why does anyone give a shit about "winning the round" as an army?  Points, fine, get a gold star, but who gives a shit if the team wins. Now that the War College Ribbon is based on time and command points. your W/L ratio doesn't mean jack. W/L isn't usually determined by you, the one player, but the ability of your team anyway, i'll stick to a shitty team and lose a round. oh well, medic whore it.

So, by not raping the uncap it gives a better battle. Better Battle=More points.   And if you are not in it for points at all, what would be the fun of targeting a spawn SPOT and waiting someone to spawn, and kill them within 1/2 a second of thier current life. IF that entertains you, there is this sweet game iv'e seen at Chuck-e Cheese's... it's called "whack-a-mole".

Not that I mind being raped, its part of the game if the server Admins give the go ahead, but I don't rape, unless there's an enemy sniper.  Ill medic and supply the living shit out of the rapers, but leave the killing to them. Uncap raping gives the enemy no chance (jalalabad). IT's lame.
lol "better battle = more points"!!!   It's OK though, you have your reasons for playing. For me playing for points isn't important at all in fact I can't think of a game worth playing just for individual stat points. Teamwork maybe, the excitement, interesting battle situations to solve but not for points.

Points aren't transferable from game to game but friends are, skills are, etc..

Seriously, not counting aircraft can anyone make more points spawn camping than joining the battle fully? The only way they could do that is if the other team plays stupidly without teamwork, i.e., no communications, not warning of the camper location, not spawning on squad leader to hunt and kill the camper, come on this was a problem on Far Cry but how can it be in BF2? Too many spawn options in BF2 to make an argument for that. Spawn camping is an annoyance for some but not a problem for all.

PS. If the USMC doesn't defend Staging Area on Jalalabad they are a noob team. Never give up your beachhead in enemy territory or the war is over! The funny thing is usually only point chasers complain about raping because it takes them away from the point farming. The score per minute stats start dwindling when you have to leave the "Front" and go do rear area security patrols, rules against base raids are reverse-stat padding. They help people keep spm and k:d up by reducing travel time to the enemy targets.

We need both kinds of servers, the level 1-4 open battle maps and level 1-2 spawn fenced games help everyone find a game to suit their level of play.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-11-07 08:46:11)

URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

nlsme wrote:

seriously get some skill
Because spawncamping takes skill????????
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

URE_DED wrote:

nlsme wrote:

seriously get some skill
no OVERCOMING THE SPAWNCAMPER does asshole
ReTox
+100|6499|State of RETOXification
This is one in which the game design makes it difficult to effectively argue a fact either for or against.

Assets are located in the uncaps in BF2.  So how can you go in and destroy assets without breaking the uncap rule?  How can you go in and C4 the radar dish and UAV hut and not kill those trying to stop you?  I've been kicked from servers for that, killing people in the uncaps while I was spec-op trying to C4 stuff.  I got banned from one asshated clan Spec-Op server because I C4'd their radar dish while their commander was next to it.  Banned for killing their commander in an uncap.

Now at the same time you have the idea, and many clans I know feel the same way on this btw, that in private clan servers or organized league/ladder games you can pretty much do anything besides botting and hacking.  This includes exploiting the map glitches (except behind map glitches) and quirks to base raping, etc.  In a public server however, there should be some restraint.  Not everyone who plays in a public server is going to be up to the "1337-ness" needed to get off a spawn when it is being raped by campers.  Plus, not every player in a public server is going to be as intense as those with skills, or more precisely more experience in playing the game.  Pub players may be there for fun only, getting spawn raped is not fun.  Getting spawn raped for 20 minutes is stupidity.

POE2 did it right I think, uncaps are off limits and the assets are outside the uncap radius.  The lack of assets in the uncaps means there is no need to enter an uncap period.  For BF2 however, we have to deal with it like it is.  The ranked servers are being paid for by someone, usually the clan as a whole, so they have the right to set their server up however they want provided it is within the rules outlined by EA.  I haven't heard anything from EA on this so I go by what the individual server rules are... well usually.
OpsChief

URE_DED wrote:

nlsme wrote:

seriously get some skill
lmao +1   why, yes. You need to study and memorize each insertion point for every flag! Then you need to be able to hit what you shoot at and uh the enemy needs to keep spawning there and your team must not kick-vote you for hindering team efforts when you let someone cap the main while you are out f*ing around, and and and...oh forget it .

Doing anything well takes skill but what value is an expert nose-picker who can't wipe his own ass? 

We should be talking about skill-sets not skills. What can someone do besides spawncamping and how often do they do it?
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

OpsChief wrote:

URE_DED wrote:

nlsme wrote:

seriously get some skill
lmao +1   why, yes. You need to study and memorize each insertion point for every flag! Then you need to be able to hit what you shoot at and uh the enemy needs to keep spawning there and your team must not kick-vote you for hindering team efforts when you let someone cap the main while you are out f*ing around, and and and...oh forget it .

Doing anything well takes skill but what value is an expert nose-picker who can't wipe his own ass? 

We should be talking about skill-sets not skills. What can someone do besides spawncamping and how often do they do it?
Good point.  By the look of nlsme's stats, he's skills do NOT include ground pounding.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard