AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X
im not even sure how you kill anyone with, ive zip lined onto the enemy and he didnt die, and that was the only logical way of killing someone, so does anyone have a kill, or know how to do it!?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6683|Calgary

JET_G raidensen wrote:

im not even sure how you kill anyone with, ive zip lined onto the enemy and he didnt die, and that was the only logical way of killing someone, so does anyone have a kill, or know how to do it!?
No kills but I have been killed by them 15 times.

Funny, I don't remember that ever happening unless if your using it, and you get killed, does that count?
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6499|Bournemouth, South England
The zipline doesnt kill at all. When you see xxxxxx [zipline] yyyyyyyy It more than likely means that you were on a zipline, or had it in your hand, and the enemy was killed by your claymores.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6548|Brisbane, Aus

maybe if an enemy uses your zipline and you remove it from under them and they drop.. dunno otherwise
oberst_enzian
+234|6734|melb.au
the death count is from you being on it, or holding it, just like defibs - and in fact everything else in the stats.

you can't kill with the zipline, you can only be killed while using it, and that's what the stat is.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X

oberst_enzian wrote:

the death count is from you being on it, or holding it, just like defibs - and in fact everything else in the stats.

you can't kill with the zipline, you can only be killed while using it, and that's what the stat is.
strange, i remember some guy having a kill with it, i'll have to try that "grab the zip line out of the enemy while he on it" method, perhaps.
oberst_enzian
+234|6734|melb.au
yeah maybe i'm wrong about whether you can kill with it or not - but i know that the stats only show how many times you killed with X, and how many times you were killed holding X, but NOT how many times you were killed by X.

if you figure out that it is possible to kill someone with a zippy, please let us know! i'd like to see that, it would be  cool.
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6559|Bristol UK
kinda weird tho, it would be so great i you could kill someone when firing the zip line from the cross bow. hmmmmm
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X
i always wondered why a high powered crossbow doesnt kill people.........
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6618|Warlord
I was curious about this myself so I did a search a while back and there's a previous thread where Chuy gave us the final word: no zipline kills because there's no data for it in the stats feed.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X
darn, i really wanted to get one.......
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6724|Germany, near Koblenz
Last time it happend to me that an "active" (no death or kit switching after deploy) clay caught someone while I was "on line" it only read "killed" - neither clay, nor zip!
Master*
Banned
+416|6486|United States
Got killed by a grappling hook once
https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/Masterstyle/9512d16e27ef3b678c78b9ad752ab3e1fe6.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

Maybe you just changed the localisation files I mean...looking at your sig, you obviously have changed them.
I have 10 deaths from a zipline, but I just found that to be when you are on the edge of a building, deploy it and it pushes you off the edge. Not very useful tbh.
Master*
Banned
+416|6486|United States

Snake wrote:

Maybe you just changed the localisation files I mean...looking at your sig, you obviously have changed them.
I have 10 deaths from a zipline, but I just found that to be when you are on the edge of a building, deploy it and it pushes you off the edge. Not very useful tbh.
fail
greenhaven
+47|6457
That's the default message for BF2:Star Wars.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)
OK, I think there are two ways to get a 'zipline kill'.

1st is if you deploy a zip line, zip down it, enemy follows down zip, you take away zip, they drop to their death.
2nd is if you are holding crossbow or on zip when someone you kill with a 'gun' (i.e. not nades, c4, clays, destroying vehicles) actually dies.

The 1st way is just for kicks and giggles. The 2nd is the one that gets reported in game as 'player1 [zipline] player2'...
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6402|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Hey guys, there's a little thing on this site called the Wiki
If you go there and look up the zip line, you'll realize that you can't (unfortunately) kill with it.
The only (and untested at that) way to kill with it would be to ride down the line and kick someone in the face.
Yes, it does happen to be a high powered crossbow with a harpoon, but sending it through an enemy's chest will not harm him.
Oh, and pulling the line out from an enemy who's riding your line will not give you a kill, but them a suicide.

Hope this clears up any confusion associated with the zip line.

P.S: To Masterstyle, grappling hook kills are impossible according to the Wiki as well.
       How the hell you got that screen shot, I wonder...
       I also took the liberty of checking Nartiq's stats, he doesn't have any kills with the hook
       So... explanation?
SGT.Slayero
+98|6457|Life in a vacuum sucks
no. but i tried
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6484|Oklahoma City
I think the grappling hook kill message is a glitch, because my clan's seen it too..
oberst_enzian
+234|6734|melb.au

-TL- wrote:

I think the grappling hook kill message is a glitch, because my clan's seen it too..
entirely possible, given that kill messages also occasionally pop up for other weapons that have either been removed or changed to something else - for example, there have been a few posts here showing ss's with the 'co-axial machine gun' on things other than tanks, among other things.

and don't forget that you will sometimes see "Y [artillery] Z" on maps like iron gator that have no artillery on them, etc (few ss's of that in here somewhere as well)
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium

oberst_enzian wrote:

-TL- wrote:

entirely possible, given that kill messages also occasionally pop up for other weapons that have either been removed or changed to something else - for example, there have been a few posts here showing ss's with the 'co-axial machine gun' on things other than tanks, among other things.

and don't forget that you will sometimes see "Y [artillery] Z" on maps like iron gator that have no artillery on them, etc (few ss's of that in here somewhere as well)
Lol yeah, I guess it's the same as the game randomly saying you killed someone or killed somebody when in reality you didn't do anything. I once got a driver kill assist while being on foot Didn't give me credit for the point, just showed the message.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard