I don't play BF214218%18% - 29
Total: 156
HellGuard99
+2|6526
im just wondering this.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
i wanna see the cocksuckers who cry about their stats explain why they want one.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
if they're as rediculous as the roe for bf2, then no.

i.e. not being able to take a blackhawk around capping bases.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I think that if we have an ROE it should only be for glitches and hacks. Who cares if u exploit or whore?
edit: there is always a way to counter those things

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-11-03 10:39:28)

HellGuard99
+2|6526
i swear some people are annoying. they statpad in pistol and knife servers and i shoot them with normal weapon and THEY call me a statpadder, they say they'll report me to ROE, stupid fucks
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

HellGuard99 wrote:

i swear some people are annoying. they statpad in pistol and knife servers and i shoot them with normal weapon and THEY call me a statpadder, they say they'll report me to ROE, stupid fucks
lol. C4 + K/P field =
greenhaven
+47|6467
The BF2 ROE is stupid, I don't much care about the BF2:Star Wars ROE though.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
This following diagram tries to demonstrate how much i care for the ROE...

https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/821/3dc949ba74ab2.jpg
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
so the cool guys don´t need rules in a game? lol
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

wut is ROE?
Buzerk1
+44|6838
It's missing an option:

Don't care about ROE, won't change how I play

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-03 11:53:14)

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6659|Devil's Perch

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

so the cool guys don´t need rules in a game? lol
There are rules. Game physics for example.
It is all so simple: Code it, don't ROE it. If you don't want people to do something, prevent it codewise.
Anything that does not require external programs like hacks, cheats or trainers should be allowed.
Yes, glitching isn't funny if you're the one suffering from it. The guys who coded the software should never have opened up the opportunity to do in first place.
Yes, baseraping isn't funny if you're the one suffering from it. It has been up to you to gather some teammates, move out and cap flags so the enemy team wouldn't have had the time to make a happy camp fire in your uncap.
Yes, statpadding isn't funny. PERIOD. I don't understand why anyone spends time doing it. It is boring. I know they do it for the points which is ranks which is unlocks, still I don't understand why one spends (better: wastes) time doing it. It is up to the coders to code limitations in the game to prevent this.
All the bullshit about "we never expected players to be so resourceful discovering new methods of exploiting game mechanisms" is just that - it is bullshit. Did they not want somewhat smart and creative people play their games but only retards and mental indoor plants?
A player being revived 3 times in 5 seconds - does that sound somewhat reasonable? Why isn't this forbidden codewise? It's not hard to do!
A stationary gun with unlimited ammo - titan gun - actively consuming ammo from a soldier's supply box? Who with a just a somehow clear mind would ever believe something like that?

HellGuard99 wrote:

It is the makers of the ROE who decided K&P is stat padding. It is not written in the manual, in the license agreement or in any of the HUD help texts I have read in either BF2 or 2142. If EA does not want people to use knives and pistols, they shouldn't have coded them. If players want to end other virtual existences with only knives and pistols, it should be up to them. Yes, that means if they want to do that ranked it should be like that.
It's not any different from other servers after all. On other servers, no one forces you to pick a sniper kit and end up defenseless against a tank. On other servers, no one forces you to attack an enemy with you rifle instead of throwing a grenade at them. On other servers, no one forces you to run others over in a transport vehicle, no one forces you to mow down infantry in your tank or APC.
Why do people belive it would be ok to prohibit an all-equal environment of people who only want to kill and get killed by knives and pistols?
Proud member of a dead community.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6737|Houston, TX
Ever game needs rules and, there is always going to be those that hate about it because it conflicts they the way they play. Maybe it's the only way they can get points. Maybe they like feeling like a rebel. Maybe they are just greifers that get their jollies by ruining peoples fun.

If you don't like the ROE there are plenty of unranked servers for you. No point in playing ranked because your score will always be tarnished. You maybe the only one to ever know or care but, it's there. So break the ROE. No matter to me. I will still take you lunch money. Your ice cream money too...

Last edited by staticblue (2006-11-03 12:11:02)

jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Buzerk1 wrote:

It's missing an option:

Don't care about ROE, won't change how I play
Same. But i think it takes the onus off of the games designers to think .. which should be .. it also opens the door to abuse by the tin foil badge brigades.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-11-03 12:34:31)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
I paid my money.

I got my game.

Its virtual reality people.

It makes no difference.

Ill do what the hell i want.

End of story.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6524
the ROE is there for us to break it, come on guys.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6626

Superior Mind wrote:

I think that if we have an ROE it should only be for glitches and hacks. Who cares if u exploit or whore?
edit: there is always a way to counter those things
^^^^^^^^
agree.
In a year you won't give a crap about what your stats are.
How much do you care about your bf2 stats now?

Just getting points to get all the unlocks, then I could care less about points.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6659|Devil's Perch

staticblue wrote:

Ever game needs rules
Completely agreed. Leaving aside my above expressed believes that more should be coded and less written, I'd like to ask this: who do you think should be entitled to make and enforce these rules?
In my opinion it's the server admins. They should create the environment they want to play in. If they create a good environment enjoed by many players, their server will be popular. If they create an environment of abuse, their server is likely to stay empty which will sooner or later result in them either shutting down the server or changing the rules.
After all, it's these guys (usually) that know what is going on on (ranked) game servers.

All in all, you will always end up with unequal conditions. One spends a lot of time on the game and naturally gets more experienced in handling many if not all aspects, the other does not. One spends the same amount of money on his computer others spend on their car or getting drunk every weekend. One has an excellent fast and reliable connection, the other one's connection is slow and unstable. One has had a bad day at work and comes home with a headache, the other's just gotten up from his bed where his girl is still lying all naked.

To sum it up:
- Reasonable rules: yes. Absolutely.
- Utter bullcrap rules: no way. (i.e. no transport flag capping)
- Rules made by people who lack eperience in what they're about to create rules for: no way.
- Rules to forbid and prohibit things that should and must have been coded out of the game (glitches, exploits): no way.
Proud member of a dead community.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

I paid my money.

I got my game.

Its virtual reality people.

It makes no difference.

Ill do what the hell i want.

End of story.
at least we agree on something
HellGuard99
+2|6526
What?! no wonder K/P mode is not available for BF2, it was one of my favorite modes of alll times.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6675|Houston, Texas
It has its plus and minus sides. I dont really care if people statpad their own stats, that is their business. I will report people for wall hacking, or really abusive admins. That being said if you go into a P&K server and get kicked for using a full auto g36c, you deserved it. I went into "Hey it's 420" tonight, and the servers scrolling the message "if you are better then the admin you will be banned". Sure enough I killed him once and got myself and 2 clanmates banned. He got reported.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
against
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
The biggest problem about the RoE is - most of you didn´t even read it, but still argue about it...

for example: flag capping with blackhawks MAY be disallowed as an inhouse rule (like you can also prohibit jihad-jeeping, winningteam joining and some other lame behaviours on your server).
The RoE for all Servers was only made up as a framework of fairplay and a minimum of equality for all ranked users...

read the rules, before complaining

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … #post42131
VonGimli
+3|6710

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

against
You are only against it cause your server breaks it....

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
Forcing players into knife fights is against the rules.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

VonGimli wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

against
You are only against it cause your server breaks it....
If there is no current 2142 ROE how can he break it?

When it does break it,expect me and many others to play on that server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard