Brahm5
+0|6504
If no skill is required to do anything everyone on the scoreboard would have the same score.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

davespanzer777 wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

The games just plain easy, every aspect of the game has been dumbed down to try and lessen the amount of whining that will inevitably occur should any skill be required to achieve anything.
Have you even  played BF2142.

Becouse It Sounds Like you just put 2 much time into BF2,  and now look a nice New Game comes out that you just have to Hate becouse your pissed that you wasted all your time and you have to start over again.

And your Gay..
ROFL, why even waste your time making such a fucking pathetic and useless post? "And your gay" for a start it's you're not your, gay does not belong to me... And secondly from that statement alone I place your level of maturity at about the level of a 6 year old who just learnt a new word.

Yes, I do own the game, yes, i have played it enough to judge it (I have both the recon unlock trees, and the first tree on engineer, and the useful ability unlocks as well).

It's easy to play and fucking boring after half an hours play.

Stats on 2142 are just pointless, Last I looked my Sniper K:D was around the 55:1 mark, I've spent my time running around with a knife since then so I expect its closer to 25:1 now, but compare that to your average sniper K:D in BF2. It's a joke. The game is for the gaming peons of the world.

And just to be a prick because you made me feel like being one I highlighted your mistakes. I suggest utilizing the spell checker next time.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-11-01 07:55:03)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
If it is easy wouldn'y make everyone better? The reason it seems easy is because the players either A. have not gotten used to the new gameplay, as they were so used to that of BF2, you know the guys who prone at CQC instead of crouching?. Or B. BF2142 is the first Battlfield game they have played. The people who do better are the guys who played the beta and demo to death.
karl
+11|6515|Oslo-Norway
i am a lot better with bf2142
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6710|Ontario
i think you peoples need to take a chill pill

i have played BF2 since it came out.. and i have 2142.. since it came out also.. and I feel that theyre both totally.. fucking awesome.. why else would the games have such a huge following?

btw eternal pessimist? are you on the rag or something?
l41e
+677|6656

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

If it is easy wouldn'y make everyone better? The reason it seems easy is because the players either A. have not gotten used to the new gameplay, as they were so used to that of BF2, you know the guys who prone at CQC instead of crouching?. Or B. BF2142 is the first Battlfield game they have played. The people who do better are the guys who played the beta and demo to death.
Winnar.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6743|Houston, TX
My 11/1 K/D with the sniper unlock says yes.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717
I think that the ratio of Good players to the number of new people is still low.  As people get more experince and learn the maps it will get harder.  I suck still, but then I have not played that much yet and I can't find or create a squad that follows orders.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
i suck at 2142 (well, not suck, but not as good as bf2) because my computer is so bad, i think sometimes im atleast a half second behind everyone else, because some times(well pretty much allways) i get "no way" killed. Its so freaking annoying.
Rumfuddle
+14|6726
I've got a 5:1 k/d playing assault on foot with the default weapons in 2142.  I'm not that good at BF2, 1.5:1 overall with assault.  I don't why I am suddenly much better.  I'll routinely go 15:3 all on foot with the Krylov.
Salgurdar
+6|6397|Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like some of the posters are getting pwned big time. And they can't have that, because they're slick-shit killers in BF2 (or were they?). So they come out with, "pfft wtf?? I dide to a n00b? man thsi game can be play wif no skillz at all!!!1!"

Last edited by Salgurdar (2006-11-01 13:46:55)

Paragon
+2|6401
well, my K-D is about 4, so yep, pretty easy
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

Revelstoke wrote:

btw eternal pessimist? are you on the rag or something?
Not that you really require a response given that your comment actually has less maturity related to it than the previous one.

Shockingly enough no I'm not, sadly I don't have the required genital features, I doubt I'd be wasting my time writing this if I did.

But anyway, if you find my response to the comment "And your Gay.." (shite grammar included) in any way over the top then, in all ways necessary, I apologise to you and your fragile psyche. I understand how easy it is to warp minds with simple words, but remember in future you don't actually have to read posts if you don't want to. I wont come round and beat you with a bat or anything, I'm actually a nice guy really. I just despise people who's entire ability to form an argument is based on "you're gay" or "dude you're like totally on your period".

Form a constructive criticism and I'll promptly give a relevant response. Until that time I'll be putting down anyone and everyone who posts this inane drivel in the way I see fit.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-11-01 16:41:50)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas
For every player that is good, there is another player that is bad. The universal KD of all players together is 1, not including revives. You all are under the assumption that the game is 'easy' because you played BF2 before. Most of you for hundreds of hours. To be honest, there's practically no learning curve between BF2 and 2142. Yet, for the players who have never tried the battlefield series, I bet it's rediculously difficult.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

That statement doesn't really stand up, because, if as you say BF2 and BF2142 are about the same (as you implied by saying there's practically no learning curve), then I and the other people who are saying the same thing wouldn't find the game easier, they'd find it to be the same, and that's not the case.

Sure there's plenty of new people in BF2142, but thanks to the joy that is the veteran system, it's easy to see that it's just as easy to kill someone with BF2 experience as it is someone new to the game. Point - click - win, add crouch before 'click' if you're playing support... The guns seldom miss, you can run around with nearly every gun with little to no accuracy loss, unless of course you go prone BF2 style instead of strafing/crouching and wonder why your accuracy goes to shit for 2 secs.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6702|Vancouver BC Canada
I have like a 7:1 KDR in a gunship w/o any practice.
Brahm5
+0|6504
The KDRs are worked out differently in 2142, it's the amount of people you have killed WITH the gun compared to the amount of times you were killed BY the gun. 

NOT the same as bf2 which was kills with the gun vs deaths HOLDING the gun.

Saying one multiplayer game is easier than another one means the playing community of one of the games is worse at the game than the other game.

There is no "difficulty" setting in multiplayer games aside from that set by your fellow players.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

Huzaa a coherant post.

You got a source for what you're saying about how KDRs are calculated? I'm not accusing you of being wrong, in fact it would explain some things, a lot of things actually. But still we all like proof.
papaslush
+0|6545
My stats in 2142 suck compared to bf2.  Seems that it's a roll of the dice who wins the shootout.  People some how manage to survive a shot to the face with my support shotgun, or 5 stabs to the back with my knife (only to turn around and one shot me to the grill with their pistol).
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York
i think it has to do with prior experience with battlefield 2. this is pretty intuitive: typical scoreboards will have the vets with more points than those who haven't played before. i sucked at bf2 when i started and my learning curve was a little lengthy. however, with bf2142, i only really need to learn the maps and a few new vehicles (hover tanks). in most rounds i'm in the top five on my side, which didn't happen all that often in bf2. the transition wasn't that big of a deal for me, and it seems that way for other vets.

anyway, back to the point of this. i think i play just as good with bf2142 as i do with bf2, but the people that haven't touched the bf series just have to learn everything i picked up in the bf2.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Brahm5
+0|6504
I don't have absolute proof, but check how many deaths you have for guns you haven't unlocked, it's not actual proof because you could have picked up that gun and then died with it, but I know that I haven't used APMs and I certainly haven't died whilst holding them 18 times.

Papaslush, if it's random who wins the shootout everyone will have the same score.  Think about something totally random, like rolling a dice, if you do it a million times you'll find all the numbers come up with the same regularity.
Krysiss
+15|6482|NL

Pernicious544 wrote:

I must be the odd man out here because my average K ration in BF2 is at least 3 to 1 (as of september1st) and the 2142 one is around 2:1. BF2 is Easier then 2142, in 2142 the guns are far less accurate and do much less damage...unless it's support, then the damn thing is flip flopped
your stats say somethings 1.4 kdr
name:Pernicious544

lieing is bad.

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-11-02 08:51:18)

Krysiss
+15|6482|NL

Rumfuddle wrote:

I've got a 5:1 k/d playing assault on foot with the default weapons in 2142.  I'm not that good at BF2, 1.5:1 overall with assault.  I don't why I am suddenly much better.  I'll routinely go 15:3 all on foot with the Krylov.
You know it's hard to believe you own bf2142 if you can't get get higher kdr then 1.5
bf2142 is far easier, all styles has been dummed down .
Rumfuddle
+14|6726

Krysiss wrote:

Rumfuddle wrote:

You know it's hard to believe you own bf2142 if you can't get get higher kdr then 1.5
bf2142 is far easier, all styles has been dummed down .
Huh?  Read what I wrote dumbass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard