Poll

Who is the greatest guitarist of all time?

Joe Satriani6%6% - 19
Steve Vai7%7% - 23
Yngvie Malmsteen3%3% - 11
John Petrucci2%2% - 7
Eddie Van Halen5%5% - 17
Alexi Laiho1%1% - 6
Jimi Hendrix32%32% - 99
Jimmy Page6%6% - 21
Kirk Hammett5%5% - 16
Someone Else, Who?27%27% - 85
Total: 304
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6628
dimebag darrell for the win....
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6912|Dallas
They should have called Dimebag Darrell, Dirtbag Darrell.  That guy is so overated.

I voted for the Satch.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6922|Noizyland

People like him 'cause he was shot. Honestly I don't know much about Pantera and Dimebag, but if I was a Death-Metal guitarist like him, being shot in the head twice as part of a shooting spree while on stage at my own concert would be the coolest way to go ever.

And I still say Lindsay Buckingham FTW.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6904|Hell, p.o box 666

eh, Dimebag wasnt a Death-Metal guitarist at all. Pantera is simply Metal without any add´s like Black/Death/Trash etc. Only thing maybe powermetal, well their early records fit this genre. And Cougar, where the f*ck is Dimebag overrated? I dont know many guitarists using the whammybar and picking technique in an excellent way like he did, just listen to the leads in cemetary gates, or cowboys from hell. Btw, Dimebag was called Diamond Darrel before he realized this name sounds a little gay Dimebag wasnt a shredder, on the Pantera stuff, like Satch or Vai, but his skill and technique, especially for metal, was outstanding.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6910

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I liked your everything in your post Slayer exept this:

Sl4y3r wrote:

Petrucci: jap not bad, visited a workshop of him once. Nice man. Great knowledge and skills, but doable.
oh.. Maybe EVERYthing he plays isn't doable... (my fav song BTW...)

Strema of consciousness! woots! i can drum to that and play rudess' part, my bro did the guitar pretty damn close as well.
Slayer
---hates you

Coolbeano wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I liked your everything in your post Slayer exept this:

Sl4y3r wrote:

Petrucci: jap not bad, visited a workshop of him once. Nice man. Great knowledge and skills, but doable.
oh.. Maybe EVERYthing he plays isn't doable... (my fav song BTW...)

Strema of consciousness! woots! i can drum to that and play rudess' part, my bro did the guitar pretty damn close as well.
yeah, the sweeping part is insane. But as you can see for yourself, Petrucci isnt even able to play it correct live No offence. I dont listen to Dream Theater at all. I know some songs of them, learned some leads of Mr. Petrucci for my epenis and visited a workshop of him. Like I said, this guy is amazing, but compared to some sick guitarists like, hm, Michael Romeo, I must say, Petruccis stuff is doable. Sorry about it Well, it took me three days to learn this Pull me under solo, but nowadays I can play it absolutley perfect and also faster than the record. Anyways, Petrucci is a godlike player and little Slayer is just someone giving his two cents in the internets
Coolbeano
+378|6910

Well this saturday I'm gonna go see Yngwie... oughta be awesome. Hopefully like with Sheehan I can get an autograph or something, maybe even get a backstage pass from a buddy.

Michael Schenker is coming as well but I'm not too hot on him and not willing to pay 2000 baht to see him.
Slayer
---hates you

cool, backstage passes If possible, try to get one of Yngwie´s amp heads. I like his modified Marshall JCM800 tuned by Diezel, pretty pretty please(?!)

Eh, anybody tried those Michael Schenker Dean signature models? I cant imagine those guitars wont suck!!!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6805|Australia
Van Halen, Hendrix and Santana FTW
Coolbeano
+378|6910

I'll try.... I mean amp heads aren't as easy to get as say a pick or even a freaking guitar (probably guitar pieces with Yngwie).
Slayer
---hates you

Morpheus from the matrix wrote:

Stop trying to steal it, steal it!!!
Well, if you´re not able to get the amp, or even the guitar, well I absolutley have no problem if you steal the whole Malmsteen if it´s easier to handle
Coolbeano
+378|6910

I'll try at least for a YNGWIE FUCKING MALMSTEEN, THAT'S WHO! Shirt
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6840|Brunei Darussalam

Alexi Laiho. Most of you guys haven't even heard of him.
Slayer
---hates you

I have, I´ve also mentioned him in my listing.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6703
Dave Gilmour
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6611|cuntshitlake

Janis_Petke wrote:

Alexi Laiho. Most of you guys haven't even heard of him.
hmmm. he isn't that much of a guitar god but he is a part of the guys that brought solos back to broadband metal. that's why he is included here..
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6543|Indianapolis, IN
Dimebag Darrel is the greatest AMERICAN METAL guitarist. I'd say Clapton and Doc Watson are up there too, just different styles.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6615
James Marshall
(cob)mikko
+21|6592|finland
Alexi Laiho
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6779|Finland

I SO need to post this one more time!

Last time! PROMISE!

I need around tree fiddy.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6536|New York
not a guitarist, but a bassist. i can't think of any guitarists presently, so i'll go with this.

matt freeman from rancid and operation ivy. one of the best i've ever heard.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6748|132 and Bush

This guy,hey Ukulele's have strings too..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6824|respawn screen
SRV, Rory Gallagher, Hendrix
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6859|ATL
My vote goes to Tom Morello from RATM
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6859|ATL
I just saw someone said David Gilmore... Forgot about him, he's awesome too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard