Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere
How the heck do you tell if the mine is yours or an enemy mine? I have the NetBat, so it really sucks. I'm walking around and all mines have huge red skulls above them and I usually just run into them cuz I think they are friendly but then I die.

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2006-10-29 16:03:50)

Salgurdar
+6|6390|Melbourne, Australia
Wondered the same thing myself. I have noticed that friendly ordinance ALWAYS display the red warning, but enemy ordinance only displays it when you're close to it. Which still leaves me wondering whether to disarm it when I pod drop on a silo.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Enemy stuff only gets marked if you or one of your squad members looks at it for a little while. Its annoying as hell, i've blown myself up god knows how many times thinking APMs are friendly, I just go over everything in the crouch position so they dont trigger now just in case.
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6602|Warwickshire, England
I find it is the complete opposite. Enemy mines always shows the skull and crossbones for me, while friendly mines sometimes show it sometimes they don't, it is just random I guess...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

I like the idea of the NetBat thingy relaying postions of enemy mines to squad mambers, but they need to mark friendly ones in green or summin coz its just plain dangerous as it is.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6776|WC
I dont have that problem. I dont have the Netbat
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

If you have a head you have a NetBat lol, just by being in a squad the mine spotting thing works. Its the add ons that need to be unlocked, vehicle positions and all the stuff.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6395|Evilsville
I really hate those buggers.
Usually I used them a lot as a Recon, but in one game I suddenly got tons of teamkills.
Now I almost never use them anymore.
Salgurdar
+6|6390|Melbourne, Australia

gbr.hitman wrote:

I find it is the complete opposite. Enemy mines always shows the skull and crossbones for me, while friendly mines sometimes show it sometimes they don't, it is just random I guess...
I probably do have it backwards, but that's just how damn confusing it is for an engi to figure out. To disarm, or not ot disarm. THAT is the question. Last thing I want is some irate 12 year old calling me a "gay faggot homo n00b" for disarming his 5 APMs/det packs he scatters all over a silo/flag. It's all highly possible thta this is SUPPOSED to be confusing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard