Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

Is it me, or does everyone seem to be using the G3 in SF now?!

Seriously though, originally in BF2 I'd see perhaps 1-2 people using the G3 in any given game, but now half of the assualt players use it
Riaz1985
+0|6755|Vermont
I've used the G3 more then any rifle, It kicks ass in single-shot, heavy damage + excelent range, the one downside is it sucks in close range
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6757|The Netherlands
I like that fact since I hate everyone with the grenade lancher.   (because I suck with the nade launcher)
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6722

Riaz1985 wrote:

I've used the G3 more then any rifle, It kicks ass in single-shot, heavy damage + excelent range, the one downside is it sucks in close range
I beg to differ! close range, on full auto, no scope, 3 shots is a kill. I've beaten DAO's, Jackhammers, etc.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

I still like my grenade launcher ^-^
tor11
Grunt
+18|6762|Os , Norway
Iv used the G3 when iwas in service in the Norwegian army, and it it recond too be the most reliable weapon made, u can also get with a nade lancher too, scope and two feet, its good sniper rifle too! I was a medic and we had target practice with it and if u were good u had no problem hitting a target on 500m and longer ! the inpact alone on close range is werry deadly, the shock alone kills more than the bullet, the bullet mowes i circles (kalled vikking) has a smal entry wound and exitwound the sice of a fist! soo the G3 we use in Bf2 is a lot weaker than the real thing! it goes threw armored west with no problems! soo it a god weapon i use it alot in game!
tor11
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield
The G3 is the only gun besides the Jackhammer that can kill 3 shots in CQC.  The F2000 is alot better but less dmg.  It runs through ammo in no time tho. And kills bunny-hopping-C4 throwing-dolphin diving - hoes.
=DS=Unit92
+0|6743
The choice between G3, M16A w/204 is tough, on one hand the G3 has decent stopping power, but it's inaccurate at long ranges desiple claims otherwise and small clip while the M16 is hella accurate at just about any range and it has the noob tube.

AK-101 w/ GP-30 is no contest, AK-101 does almost the same damage has a larger clip and you get the noob tube.

The F2000 adds some variety, while weak than the M16 it's virtually silent has a scope as well as a GL.

F2000 vs M16A/AK101 vs G3 is a tough choice.
Seth Infinite
+3|6741|Houston, The Republic of Texas
I Love The G3.....

I've been playing sniper and had someone come up behind me and unload a hole clip from 20 feet. I think he hit me one time..HAHA. He died.
Tarasque
+0|6720|Norway
G3 is the best medium to close range assult weapon anyday of the week. Dissregarding GL on other weapons as they are intended for anything but uppclose and dirty.

However the ak's are a nice all rounder and for those who need a big clip due to shitty aim.. *cough*

Reason why there are a lot of g3's is because some factions (usmc/sas) have a shitty rifle as default on some SF maps. And not to mention the S2000 GL ha's a reduced splash damage with equals less tubers.
RDMC_old
+0|6738|Almere, Holland

Tarasque wrote:

G3 is the best medium to close range assult weapon anyday of the week. Dissregarding GL on other weapons as they are intended for anything but uppclose and dirty.

However the ak's are a nice all rounder and for those who need a big clip due to shitty aim.. *cough*

Reason why there are a lot of g3's is because some factions (usmc/sas) have a shitty rifle as default on some SF maps. And not to mention the S2000 GL ha's a reduced splash damage with equals less tubers.
didnt try the g3 yet in SF.. dont play at lot of assault.. only in strike at karkand with the nade launcher .. but in BF2 i thought the g3 sucked ass.. on long distances it did great.. i have to say that.. but i usually run up to my oponent so then the g3 sucks for me
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders

Coolbeano wrote:

Is it me, or does everyone seem to be using the G3 in SF now?!

Seriously though, originally in BF2 I'd see perhaps 1-2 people using the G3 in any given game, but now half of the assualt players use it
It's you.
KnifeWhore
+1|6755|USA
any gun can kill in 3 hits as long as it is a head shot
my fav gun next to the sniper rifle is the G36E
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
I told everyone that G3 would eventually be used. 

I don't want to start a flame war but there are 3 people posting in here how they love the G3 when in fact, approximately 3 months ago, they wanted to sign a petition to boycott all future EA games because of weapon imbalance (namely how much the G3 sucks in their opinion).

You know who you 3 are, I'm not gonna name anyone. 

A fact of games I've learned is that people will revolt to ideas which don't fit them, then eventually people accept them because they know they CAN'T change the system.  G3 use is another great example (Some other famous examples include the transition from WON to STEAM for Counter-Strike, the Half-Life 2 Gravity Gun, Unreal Tournament 2004 vehicles, CS 0.7 to CS 1.0, Warcraft III ladder matching update etc, complainers will get their's soon enough).
Alpha as fuck.
Blankwindow
+1|6726
IN Bf2 vanilla i hardly ever use the g3 i would rather the default weapons or the F2000. but in SF if i'm on anything but the Seals or SAS i find myself using it a lot. Because personally it is a better weapon than the aks in my experience. But ofcourse like anything whether a weapon is good or not depends on the user not that gun.
caleqs
+9|6709

tor11 wrote:

Iv used the G3 when iwas in service in the Norwegian army, and it it recond too be the most reliable weapon made, u can also get with a nade lancher too, scope and two feet, its good sniper rifle too! I was a medic and we had target practice with it and if u were good u had no problem hitting a target on 500m and longer ! the inpact alone on close range is werry deadly, the shock alone kills more than the bullet, the bullet mowes i circles (kalled vikking) has a smal entry wound and exitwound the sice of a fist! soo the G3 we use in Bf2 is a lot weaker than the real thing! it goes threw armored west with no problems! soo it a god weapon i use it alot in game!
tor11
Most reliable? Its a great weapon, but I would pick an AK or FAL over it for reliability. How much experience do you have with it vs. other weapons? I'm not trying to say the G3 is bad, but its not my top pick for servicability or reliability. I'll take the other two before the G3. Oh, and forget it if it malfunctions and you need parts. Creek, no paddle.
YitEarp
+1|6727
its because in a fair number of SF maps you dont get a noob tube for any assault kits and with no nade launcher to sway the decision, g3 is mighty appealing.

btw beeng, nobody wants to see your diseased underage GF posing.  that sig makes me shudder everytime i see it.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
Good point^.

I've noticed this too - the G3 is getting used alot more.

The other thing I've noticed is that nowadays, many people want to show off their F2000 (as if they are the only ones that have it) and use it for vanilla BF2, but they prefer their unlocked weapon (G3) as soon as EVERYONE has access to the F2000.
DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska
It's a G3 love in.  I like it too.  Only second to the SCAR-H and some times I like the G3 over that.

But I also much prefer to have handgrenades then a grenade launcher.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard