2142 =(17%17% - 34
Total: 195
HSG
+23|6465|British Columbia, Canada
its straight dont worry.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6667|Kingswood Country
There was something like 500,000 copies of BF2 sold over the course of the last 18 odd months. Then we have a game out for 2 weeks, with an expected install base somewhere near 150,000.

We have (at last check) 65 votes up. This is what we call in market research circles an insignificant sample, let alone the fact that more people have BF2 in total (so a random look should say more like it), let alone the fact we are on a BF2 forum site.

And if you are serious about polling, you don't put your default preferred response at the top with a smiley face (donkey votes) and the other option with a sad face at the bottom. Then post a similar question on BF2142 tracker and see how people respond. Better yet - give it 3 weeks for people to get used to playing as squads and making full use of the game, unlocks, etc. first.

Ok <end rant> - now flame me for being a numbers nazi, but let's get the numbers right before we argue...
HSG
so its not about if you played bf2 longer. I uses to play GTA and ps2 but the first week i played bf2 it was better and I've played GTA for years and it used to be my faveourite.

Last edited by HSG (2006-10-25 20:39:19)

arnica
+18|6671|Sydney

Pavil9999 wrote:

there are less "noobs", .
Give it a few more weeks for the lil shits to save up their pocket money and we'll then see.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6456

HSG wrote:

so its not about if you played bf2 longer. I uses to play GTA and ps2 but the first week i played bf2 it was better and I've played GTA for years and it used to be my faveourite.
its true you are ten you can't even spell "favorite"
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6512
BF2 is easier to pick up and play.

2142 unlocks are superior alternatives to the normal weapons, unlike the BF2 ones.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6667|Kingswood Country
I fail to see how 1 person dropping GTA/ps2 to play BF2 makes it better than 2142.

Experience in game makes a huge difference in what is a squad based multiplayer environment; before you even take into account all the new options we have with unlocks over time.

I also have to back Kanye on the spelling (there IS a spell check at the bottom of the page ffs). Even if the US spelling is blatently wrong when compared to 'favourite' from the Brits...
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6630|Montreal, Qc, Canada
ill say BF2 for the moment... i have both but i think im still in the bf2 shit for the moment... i need more practice on bf2142 but its a good game!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

Kanye North wrote:

HSG wrote:

its true you are ten you can't even spell "favorite"
Nice to see you can't spell 'favourite' either.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6538|Doncaster, UK
It would help if you didn't conduct your pole using a non-representative sample of the population.

Post the same poll on a 2142 based website and you'll get a totally different answer. Post it on a general computer game website and get a different (but more accurate) answer.

The sample population in which you are conducting your poll is biased and therefore non-random. All statistics derived from the result would be flawed.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6533|Doncaster UK
i was reading this thread and thought wow a poll i will add my 2 cents and then i see that the thread starter just wants to start arguments what a waste of space!

BY the way HSG i wouldn't look at your poll for an answer i would read the posts by Ekfud, DoctorFruitloop, over and over again until you got the msg!
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6711|Melbourne, Australia
bf2 is teh shit =]
slicknic
+145|6618
bf2 sucks less than bf2142 sucks, making bf2 the winner
Slickfish
+24|6615
I've noticed a huge reduction in idiots on bf2 since bf2142 came out, I wonder where they have all gone?.

Still im loving bf2 even more now!.
doneyone
+30|6547|Holland Hardcore
I think he must be at least 4 yrs old to say that. BF2142 is just different, i got a little bored wirth bf2 the lastmonth or so and start playing 2142. it's just a good game and it's fun so stop bitching about it.
kebabking
+14|6395|Brisbane, AUstralia
bf2 yay
Gryphen_au
+5|6471
BF2 by far, 2142 sux bigtime, play is borring, and controls are b/s. If it were a mod for BF2 people still wouldn't play it.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6484|There?
Bf2 forever baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium
I wonder how many people that vote BF2 have actually played 2142 to begin with.

@ all the people that [i[do[/i] know what were talking about here:
2142 is pretty much BF2 with a futuristic skin and a much improved unlock system. Its fun because of the new deatures, but actually both games are better in different ways.
Dont compare, just play o.O
HSG
There Ya Go Bf2 Is Better For All The Dumb Shits Who Think 2142 is!

Last edited by HSG (2006-10-26 15:00:34)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

I hate futuristic games, hence I wont touch 2142, no matter how many unlocks or whatever.
Thats the reason I bought BF2, its modern combat, and that interests me. Not some sci-fi, warhammer wanabe shit.
HSG
Fo shizzle
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6536|Sverige (SWE)
Bf2 Moor feeling in the game..........
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Opinions cannot be fact. It's a simple as that.
In my opinion I am enjoying BF2142 more than BF2. It could be because BF2 has gotten old for me even though I'm just over 250 hours which isn't much I terms of most people really. Then again I still play BF1942 regularly so it can't be all because of that.

I find BF2142 more like my style of gameplay. The way I shoot in BF2 always gets me killed, yet in 2142 it allows me to get the kills. My bad habits in BF2 turned into good habits in 2142. I like the larger scale of the maps, not just in space, but buildings are bigger in maps like Berlin and you have multi-level fightig in maps like Tunis Harbour. You get weather in 2142, and I'm not just talking about fog either.

Okay I'll admit, 2142 is the most botched release I've ever seen. EA didn't heed my words to wait until they got it right, more fool them. Still, I am enjoying 2142 a lot more than BF2, although honestly I'll play both happily. Just because I prefer one dosn't make that one better and it dosn't mean that I'll completely abandon the other.

Last edited by Ty (2006-10-26 15:14:16)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

HSG wrote:

I no for a fact that bf2 is better but i just wanna see wut u guys think.
You can not possibly justify that claim due to the fact 2142 is just a tarted up/modded bf2, only a matter of opinion my friend.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard