VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
If you're familiar with modding BF2, such as Citizen One's thread, this will be a breeze.  If not, it may take a little longer but its not that hard.  Go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods and create a new mod folder. (right click on 2142, click 'copy', right click on your desktop and 'paste', then rename the folder to something like 'unlockmod' and put it back in the mods folder)  Now, go to unlockmod (or whatever you called it)\Objects and there will be 20 .zip folders.

BTW, you will want to download Winrar if you don't have it already.  Without it, modding stuff in .zip folders is a major pain.

Open the kits_server.zip file and you will see folders called Pac, EU, and ai.  Open the EU or Pac folder (it doesn't matter which, you may want to mod 1 gun into each army.  So lets say Baur for the EU and Voss for PAC) and find the Pac_Assault.con, or EU_Assault.con if your doing EU.  Drag this file onto your desktop, right click on it, and uncheck the 'read only' box.  Open the file and find where it says

Code:

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Knife
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate as_handgun
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate as_ar_rifle
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate unl_hub_medic
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate item_dummy
Thats for the Pac solder, the EU weapons may be called something else.  Now, replace the

Code:

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate as_ar_rifle
with

Code:

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate unl_lar_rifle
or

Code:

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate unl_har_rifle
if you want to do the Baur-H

*note*

it is reccomended that you mod 1 thing in at a time.  Many times when I and others have changed a lot of things at once the game will CTD and the mod folder must be deleted and started from scratch.  I would put the Voss into the PAC solder, test it out, then add the Baur-H to the EU soldier. 

To start the mod, open 2142, go to the 'community' tab, go to custom games, and activate 'unlockmod'.  Then fire up SP and test out the weapons.  Keep in mind that weapons have a 'slot number', shock paddles cannot replace a primary weapon because its slot # is 5/6; the SCAR 11 cannot replace a knife because it has a slot # of 3.  A knife cannot replace your pistol because it has a slot # of 1, and so on.  Using the above method, you can mod in all the primary weapons for all the kits by replacing their primary weapon with the unlock.  I have not tried putting in kit equippment, such as shock paddles or sentry drones, but I'm sure it will work if you assign it the proper slot #.

edit: I forgot, you can find all the weapon names in the Weapons_server.zip in the objects folder.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-10-25 21:25:42)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
I love you.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I tested it out, and it works (duh). I tried to change 3 things at the same time, and it CTD'd a couple of times, so stick with one. Question, though. can I change 1 thing save and change another, or do I have to run it every time I make a change?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
And oh yea, EU just shows up as eu_ instead of as_
And another thing, you put unl_lar_rifle which is the Voss, for both the Voss and the Baur. Type, I'm sure, but the Baur is unl_har_rifle. And for those with no common sense, l = light and h = heavy ;D
One more thing, do I have to load 2142, then reload the mod? Or is there another way?

Last edited by Goven (2006-10-25 15:50:28)

_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6584|England
Wow great info, ill try it when I recover from playing 2142 too much. Lol.

+1

Oh and do TOP have a 2142 server ? I miss the teamwork from the bf2 ones.

Last edited by _The.Don_05 (2006-10-25 15:46:13)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

_The.Don_05 wrote:

Wow great info, ill try it when I recover from playing 2142 too much. Lol.

+1

I wouldn't doubt it, seeing how most of them play 2142 now.
VeNg3nCe^
+314|6707|Antarctica

Goven wrote:

I love you.
I tested it out, and it works (duh). I tried to change 3 things at the same time, and it CTD'd a couple of times, so stick with one. Question, though. can I change 1 thing save and change another, or do I have to run it every time I make a change?
I would stick to testing when you change anything so you know what caused the CTD.

And another thing, you put unl_lar_rifle which is the Voss, for both the Voss and the Baur. Type, I'm sure, but the Baur is unl_har_rifle. And for those with no common sense, l = light and h = heavy ;D
Woops, fixed.

One more thing, do I have to load 2142, then reload the mod? Or is there another way?
There is another way, but I would not reccomend doing it.  Create another shortcut on your desktop from the 2142.exe.  The default path is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1, change it to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/unlock +ignoreAsserts 1 (add tbe bolded part)  I tried this in BF2 and it caused my game to not load and I had to reinstall.  Try it at your own risk; you may get a blackscreen when you click on it and have to reinstall the game.  I know that others have had success with it though.

I think we are changing the infantryonly server to 2142.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-10-25 16:16:40)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

One more thing, do I have to load 2142, then reload the mod? Or is there another way
There is another way, but I would not reccomend doing it.  Create another shortcut on your desktop from the 2142.exe.  The default path is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1, change it to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/unlock +ignoreAsserts 1 (add tbe bolded part)  I tried this in BF2 and it caused my game to not load and I had to reinstall.  Try it at your own risk; you may get a blackscreen when you click on it and have to reinstall the game.  I know that others have had success with it though.
I think I'll stick with reloading heh.
Heh one more question, does it always optimize shaders when you make a change, cuz that's kinda annoying ):

Last edited by Goven (2006-10-25 16:19:11)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
Wow, Vengeance = awesome.
I tried out the Voss, and it's great. I love it. I don't like any other assault guns besides the Voss, but it just owns.

Edit:

I edited the rest of the main weapons in. Looks like I went wrong somewhere, but I looked over the files and they were all character for character spot-on with the names from Weapons_server.zip. Any ideas?

**Also, I can't find the Anti Air rocket. What is it named as?

Last edited by MadKatter (2006-10-25 17:26:36)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
Uhm It's the Mitchel Saaw somethin, I'll check the zip and see if I can find the name of it in there.
:-/ Well I shared the folder, but every time I try to load it it crashes, and it's going to like about 30 mins to copy across the network, so I probally won't be able to check tonight.

Last edited by Goven (2006-10-25 18:34:19)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
Okay. I went back and deleted all the modded files I put in, and started over.

I got in both assault rifles. Easy.
I got in the carbine and sniper rifle. Fun.
I try to put in the Clark Shotty. (Unl_Shotgun, I'm guessing) Picture shows up fine, game crashes when I choose it.
I try to put in the Heavy Anti Vehicle Rocket. (Unl_AV_Rifle). The picture is a white box, and when I select it, I get no 3rd weapon.

Am I using the wrong names, or what's going on here?
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
I can't seem to get it to work right. I followed your instructions and even tried to load the mod up without changing any files, but when I click on singleplayer it crashes to the desktop. What am I doing wrong?
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue

MadKatter wrote:

I try to put in the Clark Shotty. (Unl_Shotgun, I'm guessing) Picture shows up fine, game crashes when I choose it.
I try to put in the Heavy Anti Vehicle Rocket. (Unl_AV_Rifle). The picture is a white box, and when I select it, I get no 3rd weapon.

Are you putting them all in at once, or separate?
and I can't figure out what the AA thing is. Is it the same gun for both sides, or is it different, like the AV rockets?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

Goven wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Are you putting them all in at once, or separate?
and I can't figure out what the AA thing is. Is it the same gun for both sides, or is it different, like the AV rockets?
I put in both Assault rifles at once, and that worked out.
I then put them all in one at a time.
At which point the shotgun refuses to work, for some unknown reason,
and the game acts as if the AV_Rifle is empty.

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
Well I got the AV and Shotty to work, so I don't know. Start from scratch I guess.
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
I got the mod to work finally, but when I added the support shotgun (unl_Shotgun) it crashes when I try to spawn in singl-player. My first problem was when I changed the file, I was saving it using ANSI encoding.

EDIT: I got the shotgun to work now, but the game keeps crashing on me randomly. Anyone know why it would do that?

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-25 19:36:19)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

Daniel_Malloy wrote:

I got the mod to work finally, but when I added the support shotgun (unl_Shotgun) it crashes when I try to spawn in singl-player. My first problem was when I changed the file, I was saving it using ANSI encoding.

EDIT: I got the shotgun to work now, but the game keeps crashing on me randomly. Anyone know why it would do that?
No, not really. Games are really touchy with what you mod.

What did you do to fix the shotgun? I still can't get it to work correctly.
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
Well, I got it to work 2 times . After it crashed on my, I can't spawn without it crashing. My guess is the shotgun is prone to failure and doesn't matter what we do. I would just suggest loading the mod again and again until it works once. See if you like the shotgun (like I think I do), then just unlock it. I'm going to keep trying to get this to work, so I'll post if anything changes.
VeNg3nCe^
+314|6707|Antarctica
Put the weapons in one at a time if your crashing.  If you get so far and it crashes, start over (or make a second mod) and add the other weapons in it.  Btw the shotgun was the first thing I modded in so I know it works.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-10-25 21:20:15)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
im a lazy computer newbie so im waiting for somebody to upload a ready-made file
VeNg3nCe^
+314|6707|Antarctica

jkohlc wrote:

im a lazy computer newbie so im waiting for somebody to upload a ready-made file
I was going to do that but I'd rather spend my time playing then modding.   Maybe when DICE patches the fun out of 2142 then I'll upload a proper mod.
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
I got it working properly. I had to add the shotgun under the assault class to get it to work for me (my guess is because I have the left line of support unlocked, but I'm throwing darts in the dart as to why). For those that had trouble, maybe this will help you:

1. Copy the "bf2142" folder located under the mods directory and paste it there (the path should be Battlefield 2142/mods).

2. Rename your new copy of bf214 to "Mymod".

3. Start  Battlefield 2142, then go to the "Community" and launch your new mod, then start a single-player game.

4. Spawn in the single-player and and then quit the game.

4. Download this .zip file and copy it into the "Objects" directory located under your new mod folder called "Mymod". Make sure to overwrite the file already in there and DON'T unzip it.
Download the zip file here: http://swat11-99mod.ifastnet.com/Misc/Kits_server.zip

5. Load up Battlefield 2142 again, then load your mod.

6. Start another single-player game and enjoy.

This should give you the Baur-H for the EU assault class and the support shotgun for the PAC assault class. This is EXACTLY what I had to do to get mine to work, so I hope it works for you too (except I had to make the changes to the zip folder and you just have to copy mine).

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-26 10:45:29)

Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
OK, I got some more stuff for you . If you want to try the advanced sniper rifle and the recon Carbine, then follow the following:

1. Follow the above steps 1 through 4 (if you haven't done them already).

2. Download the following file and rename it to "Kits_server" (again, leave it in zip form)
Download it here: http://swat11-99mod.ifastnet.com/Misc/K … arbine.zip

3. now put the file you just downloaded into your "Objects" directory located under your mod folder.

4. Load up Battlefield 2142, then the mod, then start a single-player game and enjoy.

I hope me doing all this helps.

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-26 11:13:22)

Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
I created a collection of the files neccessary to try all the primary weapon unlocks for all the kits. If you want to try it out, then you can download it here:

http://swat11-99mod.ifastnet.com/BF2142 … ck_Mod.zip

I have included instructions on creating the neccessary mod folder and how to change the neccessary file, so people new to modding should have no trouble what so ever. the EU team has all the left side primary weapon unlocks and the PAC has all the right side unlocks. I only changed 2 weapons per file, so to try all the unlocks you will have to change the file a couple times, but it is really easy. Again, I hope this helps everyone out in choosing their unlocks.

NOTE: do not try and join an online game when running a mod. I don't know what will happen, but it can't be good.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

It will just tell you that you have a modified version and will tell you to revert back if you want to play on official servers. No bans or anything
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
Good to know. I still don't understand why the game crashes if you change a lot of the weapons. I'm working on being able to have all the unlocks available under one modded file instead  of having to swtich between them.

EDIT: If anyone has downloaded the mod files already, you will need to re-download them. My files were missing an "S" (

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-26 14:27:23)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
So that has all the weapon unlocks?

I'm gonna take a test drive.

@ Vengeance. I put them in one at a time when it started crashing, but after I reverted the broken Shotgun and H-AVR files, I was able to put in the Ganz fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard