Dilligas
+6|6752
Can you pick that thing up after you drop it so you can lay another one down later??
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
Yep, pick it up with G.

Although as soon as you spawn you get another, but you have to destroy/pick up the old one before you can place another.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6686|MoVal, Southern California
i learned that the hard way:( haha.
deanspeedway
+0|6693
Can you get another after it is destroyed? I mean without dieing.

Can they be re-supplied like ammo?
.|microphage
+4|6603|Vancouver, BC
nope, have to destroy it or pick it up. I think that's stupid.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6617|Peoria
yeah, the old one should just blow up when you throw a new one.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

God damn, EA are fucking ree ree's, Beta testers brought this up multiple times during the beta.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6366
well, its kind of unfair for a squad leader to be constantly dropping down these beacons... like seriously, just be support and yea... "oh i think this is a good position" >>> "ammo here ammo here" > *resupplied* > drop... i would go against this resupply idea if you want realism... its not a fricking support guy is going to carry beacons just for you >_> if you get whati  mean...

on the other hand, beacons can be destroyed by shooting at it right?

note: it would still be a neat idea if beacons can be resupplied, in some ways it encourages team work
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

i_dun_nV_u wrote:

well, its kind of unfair for a squad leader to be constantly dropping down these beacons... like seriously, just be support and yea... "oh i think this is a good position" >>> "ammo here ammo here" > *resupplied* > drop... i would go against this resupply idea if you want realism... its not a fricking support guy is going to carry beacons just for you >_> if you get whati  mean...

on the other hand, beacons can be destroyed by shooting at it right?

note: it would still be a neat idea if beacons can be resupplied, in some ways it encourages team work
If support carries freakin tank shells I think they can carry some beacons.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6366
okay good point, but again, with the ability to resupply beacons, why not just spawn at squad leader? there is a point behind for that function to exist!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

i_dun_nV_u wrote:

okay good point, but again, with the ability to resupply beacons, why not just spawn at squad leader? there is a point behind for that function to exist!
off course but a SL don't always wants the squad to spawn exactly where he is, maybe hes in an ambush, and the squad can spawn behind a building or something near the enemy spawn point

+ you have a back-up if the SL dies
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6366
another good point lol i lose hahaha, but i still have opinions on both sides... and either will still be great! take advantage of both i suppose o_O
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
its kinda irritating when you forgot to pick up the old SLSB...

"Squad, beacon is now active!"

"Shut up and ditch this channel"
"Shut up and ditch this channel"
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6366
haha, i hate how you ca'nt exactly spam the channels... like they should increase the limit like instead of 5-7 (wtv it is) to like 10-15... 5-7 is slightly unrealistic... especially on a coordinated squad that doesn't use VoIP
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

No such thing.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6745|WC
Pick it up, destroy it. Or do nothing.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA
I think you are all missing the point on the SL Beacon.  It's supposed to be a tool that the SL can use to provide a mobile spawn point for the squad that is NOT dependent upon the SL location.  It's a VERY powerful tool that requires careful planning for it's placement.  Because of it's power, a SL should not carelessly place it or leave it behind. 

Hiding it out of site yet near an objective is preferred.  Placing it out in the open in front of a flag is not.

Though I agree that it is a pain to limit a SL's ability to place a new Beacon while the previous one is still active, I still think it's best.  As a SL YOU are responsible for the Beacon; therefore, you must remember to retrieve and pull up your beacon before the squad moves on.  A supply kit should not rearm the beacon.  It's the SL's responsibility to double back and retrieve a lost one and/or the squads responsibility to destroy it before moving on.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

.|microphage wrote:

But otherwise you could place multiple beacons and everyone could spawn anywhere.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

But otherwise you could place multiple beacons and everyone could spawn anywhere.
Well that would be cool wouldn't it? Just place one at every flag, and you can spawn there wether that flag is yours or not, aaah sweeeeet..

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-10-26 10:25:21)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Fuck, you can pick it up??

I've just been putting 4 bullets into it every time..

I'm still a n00b
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA
But we already knew that, Victim....

Add me to your BF2142 list, Vic.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

erm... I think you CAN resuply it when its destroyed, without dying.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Errr, how does the beacon actually work?

Everytime I spawn on the beacon, I fall down from the middle of nowhere with a pod. Is that what it's supposed to do? And how come I never spawn right ontop of the beacon? I placed one ontop of the middle of the enemy titan, and I podded down and fell off the side of the titan. Also, I placed one inside of the hallways to the titan and never managed to get my pod steered on the titan.

doctorgabel
+2|6412

MadKatter wrote:

Everytime I spawn on the beacon, I fall down from the middle of nowhere with a pod. Is that what it's supposed to do? And how come I never spawn right ontop of the beacon? I placed one ontop of the middle of the enemy titan, and I podded down and fell off the side of the titan. Also, I placed one inside of the hallways to the titan and never managed to get my pod steered on the titan.

Remind me never to be in your squad!!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

doctorgabel wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Remind me never to be in your squad!!
Maybe it's just buggy when placed on the titan. Don't worry, I don't have it unlocked yet, was just a field upgrade.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard