oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au

Ty wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it...
Mother fucker. Not even a spoiler warning. Well I was going to watch it, but now I'm just going to go and throw up.
Dude, you got it backwards - knowing Tom Hanks dies is the reason to watch it, if no other reasons have made you do so thus far!

I enjoyed it, but only for the spectacle - the plot and characters are a farce.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6589|Scarborough Yorkshire England

reefl3x wrote:

I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

My hats off to you Mr. Speilberg.
"Empire of the sun" did that to me right at the end when he finds his parents again I was in bits lol
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

apparently u ppl have never seen Glory
QFT
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6616|InGerLand
...that movie has 2 good bits, the beginning and the end don't get me wrong these are superb bits of film making,  but the middle is the biggest pile of toss ever.

[rant] Why oh why is it that in every single war film there has to be shed loads of american patriotism ladeled on top? I mean whats the point in it, yes you love your country thats all very nice blah blah blah but i don't care i didn't watch this film because I wanted to see lots of americans go on about how they all stick together and unite against a common enemy and its all for their country, I just wanted to see people shoot each other in a film with a half decent plot. [/rant]
Darky
Hi..
+71|6559|Here.
Great movie. BoB is a great series also.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

reefl3x wrote:

I just saw this movie for the 1st time, and I must say i've never cryed more in my life.
I'm not a very emotional person at all, and I sort of felt embarassed crying, but I really couldn't help it. I felt a serious attachment to alot of the soldiers in the movie. When Tom Hanks died at the end I lost it. I've never cryed so much in my life.

Steven Speilberg will never make another movie as good as Saving private Ryan, simply because a movie can't get any better.

Borat may I take this opportunity to welcome you to bf2's.com
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6577

reefl3x wrote:

wuss
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6467|New York

PspRpg-7 wrote:

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I'm laughing at you so hard I'm nearly crying. hahahahahah
Here we observe a douchebag in his natural habitat.
Hahahahahaha. Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there.
Go-Devil
Does a wild bear crap in the woods, son ????
+3|6447
BoB FTW,

SPR was super expensive in its production and they still made unforgivable errors, how stupid can one be, placing beach obstacles in th wrong direction.....

SPR doesnt even show the real side of war...
its too short to show even a glimps of it....

while in BoB i believe this is one of the best pictures of soldiers in wartime ever made, its like the name says... "a band of brothers"
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6477|Sheffield-England
shaving ryans privates
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6653|The View From The Afternoon

Executiator wrote:

Go see "Click" with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken..
Actually that was a kinda sad movie
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
Band Of Brothers is awesome I watched the whole thing in 3 sittings.
Major Winters one man I have never met but has my total respect. For looking after and leading his men

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-24 09:00:39)

cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.
Speirs was pure ownage in Band of Brothers.
herrr_smity
+156|6625|space command ur anus

ATG wrote:

Band of brothers ruined saving private ryan for me; its just so much better...and longer.
blasphemy
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.

ATG wrote:

Wow, have you been living in a cave or what?

That movies so old I can recite the dialog word for word ( okay, so I've watched it 30+ times. )

But, ffs sakes man, are you going to wait 8 years to see Flags of our Fathers?
Alright lets go then.  Start typing the whole movie now grapey.
cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.

ATG wrote:

its just so much better...and longer.
And now a message from the "You Knew Someone Was Going To Say It Joke Fund":

"That's what she said!"
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6671|Canada Eh?
I only saw Saving Private Ryan once when it came out, loved it, but never watched it again, but I'm in a WWII mood lately (With Flags of Our Fathers, CoD 1 & 2 and Band of Brothers re-igniting my interest)

to those who've yet to see the 10 part mini-series Band of Brothers, oh dear god watch it now!
Co-Produced by Tom Hanks and Spielberg btw (Poor Poor Blythe, he was starting to turn into pwnsauce until that sniper got him in the neck )

Last edited by Vampira_NB (2006-10-24 14:08:26)

-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6631|England
I heard they cut 40 minutes from the beginning of Saving Private Ryan.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6549|UK

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

...twas so they didn't have to explain why they were late getting into the war ;-)
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas

EricTViking wrote:

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

...twas so they didn't have to explain why they were late getting into the war ;-)
Better late than never.  Or in the UK's case, better late than nazi.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6575|Florida
Saving Private Ryan is an excellent movie.  I dont think I could ever watch that movie enough for it to get old.  I will admit I cried during the movie when I saw it the first couple times, but not when some of the characters died.  It was at the end, when the older Pvt. Ryan when he stood at attention and saluted him (Hanks grave).  That right there, displays the respect and honor that people develop in the military.  It also portrays the people of that generation.  I think they deserve much more respect than they are given sometimes.
Fadediesel
+15|6413|Emmaus, Pennsylvania

Executiator wrote:

Go see "Click" with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken..
Yeah now that I cried over.
duoxan
+2|6633
dude this movie owns, i never cried but it does have a powerful effect on you. i love the people on here who have to mock someone because they react different to things. grow up guys. band of brothers was awesome too. what shocked me most though was vin diesel being in SPR, i watched it three times till i was like, wait, i know that dude
he takes showers in hurricanes you know....
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6740|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
SVP = Best opening of a war movie ever (until Gladiator came out)

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-10-24 16:29:26)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6492|Sydney, Australia
It was somewhat difficult to follow the BoB storyline as there were just so many characters and the series didn't properly introduce all of them in my opinion. However it has had a profound effect on me, such that everytime I hear the piano and strings of the Warner Home Video scheme I immediately expect the melancholy cor anglais (?) opening of BoB to follow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard