ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6473|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I downloaded the demo, and after every 30 secods or so, it crashed to desktop and i did get all the files required and installed manually, but still the problem was there....so anyways, im think about ordering the BF2142 full game, and im wondering would this problem still be there or not...... :S
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6545|Doncaster, UK
Pretty impossible to say really. People who had no problems with the demo have had problems with the retail game disconnecting or not installing, etc.

Personally I haven't had any problems with the beta, demo, or full game but there's really no way of predicting whether you will have an issue or not.

If you want the game then buy it, but given you have had issues with the demo I'd asy prepare for issues with the game itself. Te problems with disconnects and installation have been thoroughly discussed so if you do have any problems I'm sure you'd be able to find help on rectifying them either here or on EA's website.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6786|Hanging onto the UAV
What spec is your machine, and what OS you running?

Does it crash once you're in a game and playing, or does it crash when you're setting up controls/browsing servers?
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

nah, I had those problems in the demo a couple of days before I bougth the game... the full game doesn't have that problem

Last edited by kmjnhb (2006-10-23 05:25:45)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6787|England
Thats what the 1.01 patch was for.
tino275
+14|6611
I was having problems with CTDs all the time. And it was pretty random.  But it wasn't only in 2142 it was in BF2 also. After reading about 200 posts i found out it could be my power supply.  I had 350 watt which was the min. required for my GFX card.  I upgraded to 650 watt. and I've only had one CTD and it happened to most people playing on a server or at least everyone that was in my squad.

Here's what i got:
Amd +3400
ATI X800 GTO
2 GB Ram
250 GB HD
650Watt PS

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard