Poll

Compared to the 90's How is today's music?

Much Better12%12% - 14
Better1%1% - 2
They are different, I like both27%27% - 31
Worse23%23% - 26
Much Worse34%34% - 39
Total: 112
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Which music is better?  The music of the 90's or today's?  Explain.

My Opinion:
I think today's music is much worse than the music of the 90's.  I love grunge and heavy metal, and to be honest, this two genres today are crap. 
In the 90's we had these amazing albums:
1990-Cowboys from Hell (Pantera), Rust in Peace (Megadeth), Facelift (Alice in Chains)
1991-Ten (Pearl Jam), Blood, Sugar, Sex & Magic (RHCP), Nevermind (Nirvana), Badmotorfinger (Soundgarden), Temple of the Dog (Temple of the Dog), Black Album (Metallica), Use Your Illusion (Guns'n Roses), OG: Original Gangster (Ice T), Sailing the Seas of Cheese (Primus)
1992-Dirt (Alice in Chains), Countdown to Extinction (Megadeth), Core (STP), Vulgar Display of Power (Pantera), Art of Rebellion (Suicidal Tendencies), Check Your Head (Beastie Boys)
1993-Vs. (Pearl Jam), In Utero (Nirvana), Undertow (Tool), Pork Soda (Primus), Chaos A.D. (Sepultura)
1994-Superunknown (Soundgarden), Youthanasia (Megadeth), Suicidal for Life (Suicidal Tendencies), Muse Sick-n-Hour Mess Age (Public Enemy). Ill Communication (Beastie Boys), Born Dead (Body Count)
1995-Foo Fighters (Foo Fighters)
1996-Down on the Upside (Soundgarden), Wither Blister Burn & Peel (Stabbing Westward)
1997-The Colour and the Shape (Foo Fighters), Brown Album (Primus)
1998-System of a Down (System of a Down)
1999-Significant Other (Limp Bizkit), Californication (RHCP), Slipknot (Slipknot)

In this decade I only rescue Chocolate Starfish And The Hotdog Flavored Water (Limp Bizkit) and all SOAD albums.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-23 15:30:07)

ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6526|Scotland
i cant express how much i loved 90`s music!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
total agreement.  I listen to pretty much about anything, but ive always been a hip hop fan since i was a wee little lad.  hip hop died in the mid 90's.  I used to listen to a lot of rock in the early 90's too.  Im ashamed to say that my favorite group was the Smashing Pumpkins.  what was i thinking.  I HATE TODAY'S MUSIC.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-10-22 17:56:26)

Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States
the only music from the ninties i really like is the music from counting crows and recently alot of nu-Metal like P.O.D
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6453|P-way, NJ
Most of the music today sucks.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

what genre are you talking about? I like rap when wa sin middle school (public enemy days) .. so its cool to see it more wide spread now.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6744|Nova Scotia, Canada

90's sucked, music today sucks even more.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas
The music of today is mostly a smoldering pile of rotting maggot shit.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
Music sucks now. Let's face it. The only thing that's still good are the non-popular bands. I still mainly listen to just real punk, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Black Flag, etc. Only metal band I really listen to is Iron Maiden, but I like all metal except for the metal where they just yell and shit. I also listen to a lot of progressive stuff like Dream Theater, Steve Vai, and stuff like that. All of that stuff was made around and before the 90s anyways.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6726|United States of America
Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band, and they had their first album in 2002... all other music sucks.
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Sevendust should be up there in 1997
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

60's 70's & 80's > 90's Onward
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6383|da ville, va
Rap is good, that being said early nineties rock music is pretty good, nothing compared to 70's or 80's though
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Prodie wrote:

90's sucked, music today sucks even more.
so how about the 80's?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
Today's music is beyond horrible, One Reason; EMO Bands
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
90's music = teh suck.

spice girls
all that lame ass metal

even the rap wasnt great.

the 90's were a musical disaster
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6573|Philadelphia, PA
Not only the sound of the music has changed. The looks have too.

80's
https://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8752/motleycn7.jpg

90's
https://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4916/nirvanaoi3.jpg

2000's
https://img348.imageshack.us/img348/1295/1721940mcromance200x200zc5.gif

I weep for the future.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642
Being a DJ and having two friends who have been dj's for the last 25 years, todays music sucks.  It all sounds the same, and it's bassically "Lets see how crude we can get, and get away with it".

Just turning out artist like a machene, no quality to the songs, just fucking terrible.  Expecialy pop and rap.

I was raised on rap, R&B, etc.  And early/mid 90's and the 80's kicked ass.  It went down the tubes as soon as main stream whitey figured out he can make some cash of it and it got on the radio.  Now it's just like the generic pop shit...

"We really don't care what it sounds like just give us anything"  and that's what they get, shit.

I do not recall the last time I listened to the radio, just pisses me off.
twiistaaa
+87|6638|mexico

evilcartman99 wrote:

Rap is good, that being said early nineties rock music is pretty good, nothing compared to 70's or 80's though
90's rap for the majority better then todays rap. one word 2pac

i compare music to the nba, you cant deny that the 90's had the best players of all time (just look at the barcelona team) now today you still have decent players, but they make their money before they even finish their first season. its all marketing now, its not that the players suck now. its just that they dont need to work as hard once they make it into the professional league.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas

twiistaaa wrote:

evilcartman99 wrote:

90's rap for the majority better then todays rap. one word 2pac
Actually, thats one number and a three letters.  I don't think pac is a word...
liquix
+51|6424|Peoples Republic of Portland
I love listening to gang bangers rap without harmony to their instrumentals, as well as complaina bout injustice while they trash talk women and brag about their money and their rims. Sigh

I miss the 1990's.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Theres two types of rap

N**** Rap - Which is bullshitting about killin' and fuckin' and hoes and cops and injustice, blah blah blah, cue black stereotype.

and

Lyrical Rap - Which is stuff that makes sense, doesnt sound bullshit, and has a rapper that has passed high school.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas

Sarrk wrote:

Theres two types of rap

N**** Rap - Which is bullshitting about killin' and fuckin' and hoes and cops and injustice, blah blah blah, cue black stereotype.

and

Lyrical Rap - Which is stuff that makes sense, doesnt sound bullshit, and has a rapper that has passed high school.
Actually there are three kinds of rap:

Gangsta Rap: Made by people who couldn't pass through high school, invest thier money in rims and tires that eventually get stolen by someone who is also trying to "invest thier money" and have 12 welfare babies playing in a mudhole in the street.

Dead Gangsta Rap:  Made by people like the one's mentioned above with the exception being that the rapper is dead because he gave another rapper a dirty look at the local McDonalds or K-Mart.  Now that he's dead, people think his music is soooooo awesome and his next of kin sell his shit to buy weed and rims.

Everything Else:  It just sucks.  A few people like it, but no one likes them.  Vanilla Ice, Limp Bizkit and MCHammer fall into this catagory.

That concludes todays lesson on why rap sucks.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Both still suck.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Rammstein > Rap.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard