DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+795|6728|United States of America
Defending the Palace in Warlord today when I came across this idea. Does it affect you when there is what appears to be a large force attacking you, do you feel anxiety when the other team is well-coordinated? I do lose a bit of "e-Morale" when I see we've lost a bunch of points and have 32 enemy players storming our position. Yet, I do also feel a bit of the "Come on, get some! You want some? Get some!" attitude. I think I play better while defending, when the pressure is on. I'd like that the people I'm fighting get discouraged when wave after wave is repelled by our team, too; but I'm not certain. Do you get affected in this manner?
l41e
+677|6692

Yes.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6804|San Antonio, Texas
This is what makes playing video games so good. The mental effect.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6612|Mountains of NC

yeah BF2 definitely has that, if it didn't have it the game won't be so popular
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6873|Denver colorado
Hmm, I think i had it but im such a threat to the enemy i never get that.
reefl3x
+72|6446|United States
During CAL or TWL matches I always get anxiety.
I've been in involved with clans since BF1942, and yet I still get nervous before matches, hands shake a bit.

I could never shake my nervousness.

Its most noticable vs good clans. I still do well, but not as good as I could.
13rin
+977|6523
It really gives me a pump in the chest to see our UAV showing 10 guys around the corner and then me killing them.  A grenade gets 3.  My Clay hits the next two.  I SVD 3 more.  Then I pistol one and get knifedsby the last guy. HEHE. Just kidding, but yea it's cool to get ready for them.... Actually, forget the UAV wear headphones.  You can hear the footsteps...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Tramp
+0|6547
so cool when that happens, i run away and throw grenades at my feet or up against a wall before i turn a corner.  I forgot when i started throwing grenades at the wall before turning (MOH: Rising Sun, maybe) hahah.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6763|Melbourne, Australia

DBBrinson1 wrote:

It really gives me a pump in the chest to see our UAV showing 10 guys around the corner and then me killing them.  A grenade gets 3.  My Clay hits the next two.  I SVD 3 more.  Then I pistol one and get knifedsby the last guy. HEHE. Just kidding, but yea it's cool to get ready for them.... Actually, forget the UAV wear headphones.  You can hear the footsteps...
the only time i can realy hear footsteps is when im snipin on the crane all alone an sum guys piss bolting at me about to knife
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6697

reefl3x wrote:

During CAL or TWL matches I always get anxiety.
I've been in involved with clans since BF1942, and yet I still get nervous before matches, hands shake a bit.

I could never shake my nervousness.

Its most noticable vs good clans. I still do well, but not as good as I could.
really? I lost that after the first two matches. the only time I really get nervous is when I have to do something in front of a lot of people and I'm pretty sure I'm going to mess it up (not preparing for presentations and the like)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mad Ad
+178|6555|England, UK
the only thing that really affects my morale ingame is having a crappy squad leader.  I can live with crappy commanders but a bad SL makes it kinda like being a lone wolf but in green.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6563|Adelaide, South Australia

DesertFox423 wrote:

I do also feel a bit of the "Come on, get some! You want some? Get some!" attitude. I think I play better while defending, when the pressure is on. I'd like that the people I'm fighting get discouraged when wave after wave is repelled by our team, too; but I'm not certain. Do you get affected in this manner?
Doggamn i wish this happened more.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6671|Warlord

DesertFox423 wrote:

Do you get affected in this manner?
Yep. This is a perfectly normal reaction. You know the scenes from Band Of Brothers in the plane before the D-Day drop and Saving Private Ryan on the landing craft? They're pretty accurate portrayals of the varied outward appearance of nerves... most will feel it to some extent although some people become calm due to training/experience/confidence. One of my favourite movies showing this kind of things is Aliens, during the dropship flight you've got Hudson who can't stop running his mouth and at the other extreme... "Somebody wake up Hicks."

DesertFox423 wrote:

...32 enemy players storming our position.
That's what running away is for. Or 'tactical withdrawal' to use the correct military terminology LOL
The_Jester
+52|6535|Italy
Yes.
Some times when I happen to be in a crap team vs a good team I don't even move, knowing I'm gonna get owned anyway. Usually when the tickets are low I just hide and wait for the round to end.

About "important" matches, I used to play Guild Wars at a semi-high level (top 100 guilds out of 10,000+).
And before hard matches (tournaments and stuff) I usually was more focused and concentrated, no anxiety at all, and I performed way better vs top guilds.
XISIX
+116|6659

Todd_Angelo wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

...32 enemy players storming our position.
That's what running away is for. Or 'tactical withdrawal' to use the correct military terminology LOL
I like to think of it as "Advancing in the opposite direction."

Heh.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6735|Devon, England
that would be why i like starship troopers so much. it's like 100:1 odds, but if you play it right you come out ontop.

anyway, i know what you mean in bf2 though, i love being outnumbered and i get great satisfaction from ending them all, or most of them (you know, taking some out with you).
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6552|Bournemouth, South England
I like seeing lots of red tags running towards me, just more potential victims of my recent clay-whoring antics!
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6575
Happens once in a while to me on big Iron Gator servers. You look into the hangar bay and you see 20 people charging trough it guns blazing. At that point your like oh shit since your lagging like a mofo and shortly after that comes death.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard