xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6716
Ok, well this was like an epiphany to me after a game at Krackhouse yesterday. I was thinking, could these jet whores go on if they really died. So I came up with this.

Same basic idea of conquest except no flags, but you still ahve to conquer your enemy. But heres the catch:

One life unless revived
Vehicles will be unrespawnable, if you choose to repair them it will take a long time
Medics will take longer to heal others
No crosshairs or X box so you better know if you hit him or not before you pull your pistol out
Headshots will be unrevivable
If shot in the treads on tank unable to move unless repaired AKA total screwdness
Given amount of Gas grenades (w/e is in the tank)
Only 1 arty attack per round

But now you're thinking, wth you noob, thats close to impossible. Ahh, but what if I said a special scoring system will be available. Haven't thought that part yet and it may interfere with awards. But anyway, you get the idea, when everyone dies on one side they lose whoope. Yeah, so waddya guys think? Too hardcore?
dubbs
+105|6650|Lexington, KY
So what you would like is a more realistic game.  Sort of a mix of CS:S (only one chance) and BF2.  I think it is a good idea.  You could use the basic BF2 scoring system, just tweak it some, because revives and repairs will be just as important as kills.  The only thing I would change would be that there can be more the one artie strike, but players have to reload the artie sort of like repairing a tank.

I would add, that the tanks/APC/Humvees/planes/helos/etc. have a fuel meter.  This would work like the ammo, go to a certain place to get more fuel and ammo.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6716

dubbs wrote:

So what you would like is a more realistic game.  Sort of a mix of CS:S (only one chance) and BF2.  I think it is a good idea.  You could use the basic BF2 scoring system, just tweak it some, because revives and repairs will be just as important as kills.  The only thing I would change would be that there can be more the one artie strike, but players have to reload the artie sort of like repairing a tank.

I would add, that the tanks/APC/Humvees/planes/helos/etc. have a fuel meter.  This would work like the ammo, go to a certain place to get more fuel and ammo.
I like the fuel meter and the reloading arty strikes. Yeah I seriously think repair is underpaid here. I'm not saying this is supposed to replace Conquest, just something like capture the flag. Also I think that players should be able to duck under water and have a air meter b/c i dunno but mythbusters said its virtually impossible to shoot someone underwater. So yeah, I'm asking for something seriously hardcore and realistic that tank whores, plane whores and such won't be complained about. That, and the ability to spawn wherever you want on your given side so no more spawn camping.
JimKong
+31|6660|Ohio
Prmm.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6779
Vehicles will be unrespawnable, if you choose to repair them it will take a long time
So first to the helis and tanks win?
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6716

Talon wrote:

So first to the helis and tanks win?
yeah unless you get owned. if you're in the tank you're finished for the round obviously. but an engineer can repaier a completely damaged tank but it will take a long time.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6779
Also, the crosshairs thing can be worked around with a little sticky tape or marker pen.

Its a good idea, but if you only have one life everyone will just get vehicles or play as sniper.
VonDutch1
+0|6818

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Ok, well this was like an epiphany to me after a game at Krackhouse yesterday. I was thinking, could these jet whores go on if they really died. So I came up with this.

Same basic idea of conquest except no flags, but you still ahve to conquer your enemy. But heres the catch:

One life unless revived
Medics will take longer to heal others
No crosshairs or X box so you better know if you hit him or not before you pull your pistol out
Headshots will be unrevivable
If shot in the treads on tank unable to move unless repaired AKA total screwdness
Given amount of Gas grenades (w/e is in the tank)
Only 1 arty attack per round

But now you're thinking, wth you noob, thats close to impossible. Ahh, but what if I said a special scoring system will be available. Haven't thought that part yet and it may interfere with awards. But anyway, you get the idea, when everyone dies on one side they lose whoope. Yeah, so waddya guys think? Too hardcore?
That's easy: Play America's Army!
cohen1976
+14|6786
your looking for a mod or differend game, BF2 isent realistic
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6574|83Division.com

cohen1976 wrote:

your looking for a mod or differend game, BF2 isent realistic
He's right.  BF2 is fun as hell but not realistic.

Red Orchestra: Osfront 41-45 is both realistic and fun.  A single rifle round will actually kill the enemy.  There are no magical yellow crosshairs to help you kill the enemy.  You actually need to aim down the sights of your gun (weird I know )  If you bunny hop you will get tired and your aim won't be as good.  Each team has limited classes and weapon types per team.  You can fix a bayonet on your rifle for CQC but it gives your rifle more sway when aiming.  Tanks require 2 teammate to operate: a driver and a commander/gunner, etc.  The list goes on.

Back to the OP, BF2 is too far beyond "repair" to make it a realistic shooter.  In regards to the style of game play, I say leave it as it is, an arcade barrel o' fun.

Last edited by [83rd]Stecchino (2006-10-19 09:57:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard