LionEyez
+4|6591
At first I thought the people in the retail game were a lot better than the newbies from the demo servers, since they now actually help defend the titan for instance..and then I started to notice almost every single person that's driving an APC thinks they can somehow take on a tank or walker. Really, even a group of clan members will apparently just sit in the apc while i maneuver to get a shot. And since it takes, what, 3 shots on the sides to kill em, well, you'd think they'd have plenty of time to just EMP me and get out of there...but sadly no. They just sit in there and let me have 3+ kills.

And another thing; it saddens me to see very few people actually use active defence.

I can pretty much get owned by anyone in infantry combat, but of all the rounds I've played today, if i got a hovertank I'd get amazing scores. Hardly anybody spawns as an engineer (i've not seen anyone use an engi unlock save for EMP mine-type things) and apparently most people dont know how to drive anyway.

*The Walker can run
*The Walker's miniguns do nothing against armor (yet everyone fires em at everything)
*The Walker's weapons overheat quickly. Fire missiles slowly and in a controlled fashion and you can kill your targets faster. Think of this as a single shot technique, in some scenarios it does wonders.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Walkers can run? Just use shift?
LionEyez
+4|6591
Yeah.

When I'm in position 2 of the walker, whoever is in 1 is always totally unaware of the ability to push and hold shift to go faster. Sadly, he doesn't even have the ability to read and understand the english language or I would have gladly explained it...
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6476|Alabama, United States
lol.
I played with you on release day lion
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about here....
Armor=Win for points.
HellGuard99
+2|6495
if thats the case ima go buy bf2142, since the demo's community is HORRIBLE
nobody has a mic and bothers with teamwork and most of em sucks at flying, driving or doing anything but click the left mouse button and mow some noobs down.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6505|Edmonton Alberta
i dont understand why people can kill a tank with an apc in bf2....when i see a tank in bf2 and im in an apc i try to run away (unless im working with the guy thats in the tank).... and when im in a tank and i see an apc i go straight for them knowing hes never going to kill me before i kill him....most people that play this game or 2142 id imagine have no common sense
JimmyBotswana
+82|6556|Montreal

straz_mataz wrote:

i dont understand why people can kill a tank with an apc in bf2....when i see a tank in bf2 and im in an apc i try to run away (unless im working with the guy thats in the tank).... and when im in a tank and i see an apc i go straight for them knowing hes never going to kill me before i kill him....most people that play this game or 2142 id imagine have no common sense
If you knew the tanks weak spot you would know you have a decent chance of destroying the tank before it destroys you in an apc in bf2.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6505|Edmonton Alberta
well i do know the weak spots in the tanks but if its full health the tank will almost always destroy you...so i just run away unless i know it has taken an at rocket
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
Hover tank
Charge towards the enemy tank with active defence and circle it while shooting it without the enemy shooting back cuz he cant keep up with my speed
uberdoc
+3|6387|California
Walkers can teabag. You can do "the ultimate teabag" by pressing "Z"
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore

uberdoc wrote:

Walkers can teabag. You can do "the ultimate teabag" by pressing "Z"
i rather not...i might get a missile up in my ass while teabagging...
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6445|Belgium
omg lol u deserve a place in heaven for that ultimate teabag tnx a lot dude
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

HellGuard99 wrote:

if thats the case ima go buy bf2142, since the demo's community is HORRIBLE
nobody has a mic and bothers with teamwork and most of em sucks at flying, driving or doing anything but click the left mouse button and mow some noobs down.
I didn't think the demo had mic support.  Oh well, the retail version does.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6556|Montreal

straz_mataz wrote:

well i do know the weak spots in the tanks but if its full health the tank will almost always destroy you...so i just run away unless i know it has taken an at rocket
Not true if you are shooting the right place you will destroy the tank before it can get off its second shot to destroy you.
Flasheart88
+0|6730|Brisbane
As far as Tank v APC goes, I've won many duels in the APCs, because a) I'm a good shot with the lob shells, and b) with a decent driver, he can both dodge the tank shots, and keep the tanks pinned down with EMP. Plus, with the hover tanks, if you can keep them chasing you, their accuracy drops way down.

Obviously there are a number of great tank drivers out there, but by and large, most of 'em couldn't hit the side of a barn from more than 100 metres.

Secondly, if the APC squad has got it's sh*t together, squad member #3 is an engineer who will jump out, take cover, and blast the crap out of the tank with the AT gun, then repair the APC. Never underestimate the stupid-a$$ tankie to ignore the man with the big scary AT gun in order to shoot the large and much less dangerous APC!
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
demo DOES indeed have mic support, joined  a small squad, me and some guy, I could hear him, and he could hear me. And vehicles are extremely vulnerable against rockets in 2142, and tank shells are VERY powerful.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6613
who came up with the idea for the tank you stear with the mouse?

i want to teabag him with a walker.

twat!
Crowly
+6|6775
Check out this post on how to be effective against vehicles:

Armor & You: Hit'em Where it Hurts.

Most Damage:
Railgun
Engineer AT Missle
Tank Main Gun
Mech Rocket Pods
APC Grenade Launcher

Engineer vs Walker:
AT missle to the upper torso does 18 damage.
AT missle to anywhere on the legs is 35 damage.
AT missle to the rear lower torso (butt) does 55 damage.
AT missle to the underbelly "Skywalker Vent" sets the walker on fire in one shot.
1 Bullet = 1 Damage to these vents also.

Engineer vs APC:
AT missle to the front does 33 damage.
AT missle to the sides/rear/top all do 45 damage.
You can hit the wheels from the front and get the 45 damage also.
AT missle to the rear lower hull (see pics) does 58 damage.

Engineer vs Tank:
AT missle to the front armor does 25 damage.
AT missle to the front tracks does 37 damage.
AT missle to the side does 50 damage.
AT missle to the rear is an instant kill.

Vehicle vs Vehicle damages appear to be the same regardless of attack angle.

Tank vs Walker:
Tank does 20 damage to upper torso
Tank does 30 damage to legs
Tank does 50 damage to rear lower torso

Tank vs APC:
Same as Engineer vs APC

APC vs Anything:
Don't bother unless it's smoking. Each GL hit does ONE damage.

Walker vs Tank
Each rocket does 16 damage

Walker vs APC
Each rocket does 20 damage
The post contains more details than quoted here, even pictures of the weak spots, so i suggest you check it out.

And as noted above Walkers can run (default: shift), this is great to close the distance when you are up aginast a tank. In general you can say:

Long distance: Tank > Walker
Short distance: Tank < Walker

Last edited by Crowly (2006-10-21 00:59:51)

Flasheart88
+0|6730|Brisbane

explosivo wrote:

i want to teabag him with a walker.

twat!
It's like piloting an attack chopper - how is that not fun? And more to the point, you can strafe! So, with a gunner, you can scoot past a defended position and inflict heavy damage without exposing the rear of your tank!
1800fist4u
+0|6372|Albury, Australia

explosivo wrote:

I think it's an interesting idea from a tactical point of view.  The hover tank is pretty crap for capping flags and fighting in ruins, streets, etc... but it does make an excellent hit and run vehicle and a fantastic tank hunter.  Simply circle strafe an enemy tank, laying shots into its weak points.  Standard tanks have a hard time keeping their rear armour out of your line of fire.
LionEyez
+4|6591

Flasheart88 wrote:

Never underestimate the stupid-a$$ tankie to ignore the man with the big scary AT gun in order to shoot the large and much less dangerous APC!
Lol yeah that could happen. Which brings me to another point; I do love the APC. It is a death machine, yet hardly anybody I've played with/against seem to recognize it as such. Yes it carriers you to the other flags quicker, and yes it shoots pods, but by god those mortars and heck even the machineguns are great.

Try APC-ing on a map like Fall of Berlin with 40 people. Just look out for their walker and park your APC where you're not in a line of fire for any railguns. You'll get so many kills before they all started spawning as engies. Of course...your main enemy in this scenario is people jumping in your APC driver seat and taking off.

Don't go to the front lines, you'll die. You can cap flags with it but in a hectic level like Berlin I wouldn't recommend it. Just stay back and randomly (or not) mortar corners and balconies. Just be careful not to TK, and you should be on your way to a gold medal in no time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard