Ikarti wrote:

Maher Arar
point?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

So...you have driven down raods just waiting for an IED to explode?  Have you walked down a street just waiting to be sniped?
Have you been stuck in a jail cell for years, regularily having various forms of torture used on you? I'd take the IED's and snipers any day; at least if it happens it's quick. (Yes yes I'm fully aware it may not kill me)
People get thrown in jails for reasons.  A very, very, very small number may be innocent, but life isn't perfect.
People also get shot for reasons. Like illegally invading countries.
Deader
+7|6762|TN, USA

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

And then you attack the terrorists using terrorism!
It's called military action, not deliberate suicidal mayhem.

GATOR591957 wrote:

So does raising terror alerts amount to terroism, especially when the heat was turned up on GW?
No, the wrongful deaths of innocent people ammounts to terrorism.
Does that include innocent Iraqi's killed by us the USA?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15320226/?GT1=8618
Yep. That amounts to terrorism. Note that those few people who were involved in that crime are being tried and prosecuted for it's commission. How many Al Qaeda operatives (or any terrorists for that matter) do you see being prosecuted under sharia law for targeting and killing innocent civilians?

This of course assumes that those men are guilty, and there appears to be enough evidence to suggest so. We'll see how the trial actually turns out. Of course some people already have them tried and convicted regardless of what evidence is presented.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Have you been stuck in a jail cell for years, regularily having various forms of torture used on you? I'd take the IED's and snipers any day; at least if it happens it's quick. (Yes yes I'm fully aware it may not kill me)
People get thrown in jails for reasons.  A very, very, very small number may be innocent, but life isn't perfect.
Fisrt off, which many of you seem to forget, we were in a cease fire with Iraq.  We never signed a peace treaty, so we were still at war technically.  I have a ribbon to prove it, and I was never in the first Gulf War.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-18 14:10:11)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Maher Arar
point?
Make what you will of it. I just find it interesting that the RCMP have apologized. The US has not.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Maher Arar
point?
Make what you will of it. I just find it interesting that the RCMP have apologized. The US has not.
I guess you have never made a mistake, or done anything incorrectly.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

So does raising terror alerts amount to terroism, especially when the heat was turned up on GW?

Does that include innocent Iraqis killed by Iraqis?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Smart man.  Good job.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
Glad to see I'm not alone here.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Fisrt off, which many of you seem to forget, we were in a cease fire with Iraq.  We never signed a peace treaty, so we were still at war technically.  I have a ribbon to prove it, and I was never in the first Gulf War.
When and who exactly are you going to sign a peace treaty with? The Iraqi government? You're not at war with them. Mr Bin Laden? Can't find him. Or as no terrorist is ever going to declare peace with you, does that mean the US will be at war with random people until everyone on earth is dead?
JaMDuDe
+69|6747

usmarine2005 wrote:

Nukes
Hes right. Or we could just let the Ikartis fight the war then all non-muslims would be dead and it wouldnt matter.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

First off, which many of you seem to forget, we were in a cease fire with Iraq.  We never signed a peace treaty, so we were still at war technically.  I have a ribbon to prove it, and I was never in the first Gulf War.
When and who exactly are you going to sign a peace treaty with? The Iraqi government? You're not at war with them. Mr Bin Laden? Can't find him. Or as no terrorist is ever going to declare peace with you, does that mean the US will be at war with random people until everyone on earth is dead?
I am talking about from the first Gulf War.  Since 1991, we have been in a cease fire with Iraq, so we did not illegally invade anyone.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

How very clever of you. Good to see the US gov. plans for the future!

Doesn't that still violate the ceasefire though?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

point?
A. That's a pretty huge mistake.
B. The US has not apologized for its wrongdoing, therefore not acknowledging it was a mistake.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

JaMDuDe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Nukes
Hes right. Or we could just let the Ikartis fight the war then all non-muslims would be dead and it wouldnt matter.
If the Muslims get rid of you, gladly. Don't worry Jamdude, it only means you'll get to heaven faster. LOL
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

A pilot of a 747 in the 70's took off and collided with another 747, killing lots of people.  THAT is a huge mistake, not what you are talking about.  You need some help putting things in perspective.  And you call me unintelligent.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-18 14:27:47)

GATOR591957
+84|6597

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

If it does, then I guess we also need to include Innocent US citizens being killed by other US citizens.  I.E. Bush's movement to war on false pretenses.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

A pilot of a 747 in the 70's took off and collided with another 747, killing lots of people.  THAT is a huge mistake, not what you are talking about.  You need some help putting things in perspective.  And you call me unintelligent.
What the hell are you talking about? That man had 3 years of his life taken away. He won't get those back. He was tortured. All in the name of national security and defending our freedom and democracy. No big deal to you? Yeah, sounds like my perspective's real off here. You really are lacking up there.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? That man had 3 years of his life taken away. He won't get those back. He was tortured. All in the name of national security and defending our freedom and democracy. No big deal to you? Yeah, sounds like my perspective's real off here. You really are lacking up there.
3 years of life versus life taken away forever.  Ya, my perspective is messed up.  "Roger that"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

point?
Me not taking out the trash cans this morning was a mistake.  A government blindly imprisoning and torturing a man because they *think* he is a terrorist is a travesty, a violation of his human and civil rights, and utterly shameful.  And still, the US is too fucking stubborn to apologize.

Its one thing to have terrorists attacking our government.  Its another to have our government committing terrorist attacks.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

ghettoperson wrote:

How very clever of you. Good to see the US gov. plans for the future!

Doesn't that still violate the ceasefire though?
usmarine, can you answer my question, I'm curious about this ceasefire of yours.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Me not taking out the trash cans this morning was a mistake.  A government blindly imprisoning and torturing a man because they *think* he is a terrorist is a travesty, a violation of his human and civil rights, and utterly shameful.  And still, the US is too fucking stubborn to apologize.

Its one thing to have terrorists attacking our government.  Its another to have our government committing terrorist attacks.
What about the people in prison who are found to be innocent????  Why aren't you guys helping them?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

3 years of life versus life taken away forever.  Ya, my perspective is messed up.  "Roger that"
I think you missed the important part, which was that he was tortured for three years.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

It is. Here you are not blinking an eye at torture, it's no big deal that some guy was kidnapped and tortured over bad information, then you run in with some completely irrelevant piece on 747s colliding, then talking about how life taken away forever is such a big deal. That really doesn't mean much to me coming from you given your attitudes on this forum. The people in the 747s were victims of mistakes, but they died. Maher Amar has to live with what happened to him until he dies. But you don't care. You're preaching to the wrong person.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard