LaneLander
+1|6422
Well for the first time I was actually able to get a BF game with the rest of the clan.  Of course now I may be kicking myself as most of my clan decided not to get 2142.  to make a long story short.  I preordered through EBGAMES ( very happy I did as Best Buy decided to F#)& with the release date of someone I know 11/21  what BS is that) as well as get the preorder box from Bestbuy to get the gun unlock.  (Humm still have not seen that in game)

Well It arrived a day early   I was so excited that I almost jumped out of my skin (UPS messed up on the delivery and it arrived a day early Wish that happened all the time) I went through the process of getting my system ready for the game.  Mind you I did not have any of the issues with the Demo that others had.  My play was smooth for the most part (except in the Titan) but there was not much more that I could do with it.

I have a decent System I think 2.8G P4 with 2GB ram with a 512MB Asus 6800 AGP card.  not than enough to run at 1024X768 with max on everything in BF2 yet in 2142 I need to run 800X600.  Suffice to say I am not willing to upgrade for a while. 

OK so I get the game installed, log in.  get my unlocks.  3 of them.  Nice huh.  Another reason to have preordered with EBgames.  They actually sent me 2.  So I am running at 800X600 on high to start and the first thing I notice is that it is laggy as hell.  I am running like 12 - 17 FPS.  In BF2 I average 50 - 75, in the Demo I was at about 35 average.  I continue with my game play and I notice a few BUGS. 

1: ) When I am spawned as Support and right click to zoom for shooting.  it does not switch right away, in fact it flickers between zoomed un zoomed then zoomed.  Of course the hardest thing to do when this is going on is shoot as I could not see.  So I have that issue. 
2: ) Another problem that was similar was that I could not hit E and get in a vehicle right away.   So I was like thinking that I was not close enough and hit E again, all of a sudden I am in the vehicle and then out.  (WTF is going on) Figuring that it is a fluke with the game.  OH I should state that I did install the "NEW PRE PATCH 1.01"  I am running the latest of all drivers and all that so I know it has to be the game (I even have the latest DirectX version "what ere they thinking on that even)
3: ) My first unlock was the Squad Spawn Pad, for some reason I was not able to just drop it anywhere I wanted.  It had a mind of its own.  In the4 rounds I played I was able to place it twice.  All the other times it would say that it was active and I am like OK your active so drop so I do not have to walk across the fricken map.  So there is that thing.
4: ) MY BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS THAT IN ALMOST ALL MY GAMES IT DID NOT KEEP MY SCORE.  IN ONE ROUND I EARNED AN UNLOCK AND I AM GLAD THAT I TOOK IT DURING THE GAME BECAUSE WHEN I GOT OUT AND LOOKED AT MY MAIN SCORE IT SHOWED ME BACK WHERE I STARTED.  ALL THE POINTS THAT I HAD EARNED DURING MY 4 ROUNDS DID NOT APPEAR.  AND I KNOW THAT THE SCORES WERE BEING COUNTED AS ON THE SCOREBOARD THERE WAS A GUY WITH OVER 3000 POINTS.

OK these are the issues that I have in the game.  The other I have is NOW I HAVE TO HACK my registry so I can get rid of the FARKIN IGA SHEITE.  In the past I accidentally loaded that on my system and the only way I was able to get rid of it back then was to reload my whole computer.  I paid for my copy of 2142, I should not have to get advertising.  IF I HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE FOR THE GAME AND GET ADVERTISING I FOR ONE WILL NO LONGER BE ACQUIRING ANYTHING FROM EA.  I do not even like the annoying EA adds that pop up when I start the game.  (HEY, if anyone knows how to get rid of that please let me know) I love the games and as for me I will be waiting for the MODDING kit to create my own version.  Something without all this CRAP that I am seeing.  I remember not too long ago when EA made a OK game and someone came along and modded it to Desert Combat.  Those were the days of real game play.  (I am thinking that a Mech can be build in that engine now too.) 

OK SO WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO ABOUT MY ISSUES SO THAT THEY ARE FIXED.  I AM NOT WHINING THAT I CAN NOT SHOOT ANYBODY OR THAT I AM GETTING KILLED TOO OFTEN< I JUST WANT IT TO FRICKEN WORK.

OH EA, IN REAL LIFE I CAN JUMP AND SHOOT A TARGET AT THE SAME TIME. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT IN THE GAME TOO.  THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IN GAME BUT YOU REMOVED BECAUSE SOME PUSSIES WHINED ABOUT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WERE DOING IT IN GAME. 

Please note that I will be revising this and adding more as it happens.

LANELANDER

EDIT:

Just remembered # 5

5: ) When I am in the game and have to minimize to the desktop I can not flip back to the game without closing or quiting and restarting.  That I think is a nother problem.  Big one for me as I run dual monitors.

Last edited by LaneLander (2006-10-18 09:00:13)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6780|San Antonio, Texas
I had that happen to me on the demo, you know what was causing all those problems that you just stated? A CRAPPY SERVER! I just went on another one and everything was fine! Wait 2 more hours till the good servers are set-up (And the game is "released") and if you still have those problems then complain.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6547|Singapore
wait for the First Strike mod then...it looks great...
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6730

LaneLander wrote:

Well for the first time I was actually able to get a BF game with the rest of the clan.  Of course now I may be kicking myself as most of my clan decided not to get 2142.  to make a long story short.  I preordered through EBGAMES ( very happy I did as Best Buy decided to F#)& with the release date of someone I know 11/21  what BS is that) as well as get the preorder box from Bestbuy to get the gun unlock.  (Humm still have not seen that in game)

Best Buys website changed the date too.  Oh and they have Plenty of the Pre-Order gift boxes on sale for $10 in the store here when it says there are no more on the website.
Fealty
+9|6431|Staffordshire, England
Well, congrats on getting the game first off!

1,2 and 3 could all be down to server lag i reckon.
4 is a bit of a two parter, firstly if you got a field unlock it means you only keep it for as long as you remain in the server and as soon as you leave it goes, its a reward for your squad doing well! Secondly you have got all your points its just that HQ has a glitch that shows you as a lower rank than you actually are, it was in the beta and they still havent fixed it, its like the private bug of BF2.

And finally i completley feel ya on the IGA issue, but i think its summat we as gamers may have to get used to in the near future
LaneLander
+1|6422

Fealty wrote:

4 is a bit of a two parter, firstly if you got a field unlock it means you only keep it for as long as you remain in the server and as soon as you leave it goes, its a reward for your squad doing well! Secondly you have got all your points its just that HQ has a glitch that shows you as a lower rank than you actually are, it was in the beta and they still haven't fixed it, its like the private bug of BF2.

And finally i completely feel ya on the IGA issue, but i think its summat we as gamers may have to get used to in the near future
I hate to say it but I will not get used to invasions of privacy.  I run enough spyware blockers and AV stuff that I should not need to ass more.  What is going to happen when one of these decides to say hey you have spy ware and it deletes a 2 gb file of the game?  I am really contemplating legal action regarding this.  there was nothing during the installation allowing me to NOT install it.  The notification was just EA's way of covering their butts for now.  Wait a second I have a lawyer in my Clan I should see what he thinks.  Not sure if he knows but I am going to try.

LaneLander
Gh0sT_RIder
+35|6445
Number 3 is probably down too you didnt have enough people in your squad, i dont know how many people you need but i no its more than just yourself.
LaneLander
+1|6422

Gh0sT_RIder wrote:

Number 3 is probably down too you didnt have enough people in your squad, i dont know how many people you need but i no its more than just yourself.
No I knew about that and I had a full Squad.  The commander was usless and would not command us, be that as it may, I am looking forward to tonight in the hopes that most petty issues were from a LAME server.  hard to say with the new Green light thingger.  I still used advanced mode and selected a low ping.  I had a 54 pin BTW.

LaneLander
Gh0sT_RIder
+35|6445

LaneLander wrote:

Gh0sT_RIder wrote:

No I knew about that and I had a full Squad.  The commander was usless and would not command us, be that as it may, I am looking forward to tonight in the hopes that most petty issues were from a LAME server.  hard to say with the new Green light thingger.  I still used advanced mode and selected a low ping.  I had a 54 pin BTW.

LaneLander
ok, just a suggestion...
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6781
You can only place one squad beacon at a time. To place another, its gotta be destroyed or you have to pick it up. However, after 5 mins or so it stops working (it did in Beta, and from your description it seems to in full). You have to remember where you put it and pick it up or you cant deploy another. Pikcing it up and placing it down will reactivate it.
LaneLander
+1|6422

Talon wrote:

You can only place one squad beacon at a time. To place another, its gotta be destroyed or you have to pick it up. However, after 5 mins or so it stops working (it did in Beta, and from your description it seems to in full). You have to remember where you put it and pick it up or you cant deploy another. Pikcing it up and placing it down will reactivate it.
See now that is what I needed to know.

Now if I can only puck up that farking advertising crap out of my pc I would be happy.
maestro4202
+0|6421

LaneLander wrote:

Fealty wrote:

4 is a bit of a two parter, firstly if you got a field unlock it means you only keep it for as long as you remain in the server and as soon as you leave it goes, its a reward for your squad doing well! Secondly you have got all your points its just that HQ has a glitch that shows you as a lower rank than you actually are, it was in the beta and they still haven't fixed it, its like the private bug of BF2.

And finally i completely feel ya on the IGA issue, but i think its summat we as gamers may have to get used to in the near future
I hate to say it but I will not get used to invasions of privacy.  I run enough spyware blockers and AV stuff that I should not need to ass more.  What is going to happen when one of these decides to say hey you have spy ware and it deletes a 2 gb file of the game?  I am really contemplating legal action regarding this.  there was nothing during the installation allowing me to NOT install it.  The notification was just EA's way of covering their butts for now.  Wait a second I have a lawyer in my Clan I should see what he thinks.  Not sure if he knows but I am going to try.

LaneLander
Well don't expect the judges to do anything...they are a bunch of old men that couldn't understand the consequences of in-game ads if you lectured them on it for 5 months.   And the gov't well they see a mega american corperation doing well at any expense and thats how they like it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard