valakivi
Wish i had under 100 ping
+7|6495|Lima, PERU
as good as it probably is, its so expensive i would rather spend the money on my pc.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6592|An Hour North of Indy
Those mechs on the MGS4 video sounded SO MUCH like cows...im serious.
N)i(N Herby007
Anti Unlock Police
+39|6557|Gamrie UK - Proud of It!

Masques wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

Im getting it for the sake of MGS4!!
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6793|Scotland

PS3, I admit, looks godly.
But, think of the price, is it not supposed to be over £300?
I mean, I love the MGS games, really, I do, completed all of them. And I am desperate to try out MGS4,
But dishing out £300 or more? Makes me feel sick some people are charging that much for a console.
I know it is more powerful than most computers if not all, but does it have the same capabilities as a computer? No, not really.
£250? Yeah alright, I would go for it. But not at the price they are thinking of putting it at.
I mean the Wii is £170-5 and that price has been thought through by Nintendo, as it is not too much and not too little. They know they will sell no matter what, but they have thought of the people who want to buy it and come to a decent price tag.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6574|Long Island, New York
Hey, if I could dish out 600 bucks, I'd buy a PS3...
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6479|Stealth City, UK

zimmer92 wrote:

I mean, I love the MGS games, really, I do, completed all of them. And I am desperate to try out MGS4,
But dishing out £300 or more? Makes me feel sick some people are charging that much for a console.
I know it is more powerful than most computers if not all, but does it have the same capabilities as a computer? No, not really.
£250? Yeah alright, I would go for it. But not at the price they are thinking of putting it at.
I mean the Wii is £170-5 and that price has been thought through by Nintendo, as it is not too much and not too little. They know they will sell no matter what, but they have thought of the people who want to buy it and come to a decent price tag.
When you think about it though, its got  a BluRay player, which costs shite loads on its own and the fact that its a console aswell. Its pretty good for what you get actually.
jord
+2,382|6715|The North, beyond the wall.

Poseidon wrote:

Hey, if I could dish out 600 bucks, I'd buy a PS3...
Wait a few months like me.

Then you can get it alot cheaper and GTA4 will be coming out.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6656|Cork, Ireland

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

Those mechs on the MGS4 video sounded SO MUCH like cows...im serious.
I thought the exact same thing
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6793|Scotland

buLLet_t00th wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

When you think about it though, its got  a BluRay player, which costs shite loads on its own and the fact that its a console aswell. Its pretty good for what you get actually.
Dont you think they have thought of that?
They know, that once the PS3 is out, BluRay's prices will drop drastically. And I mean drastically, they have thought all that out bullet_t00th , they re just out there to make as much money as they possibly can (they know PS3s' will seel either way) but what they havent thought about is the amount of PS3 they think they will sell. I doubt any middle class person with half a brain on them would buy it.

Edit- and I believe those mechs are not human, the ability of them was not humnan made, I think they have created some sort of monster....
jord
+2,382|6715|The North, beyond the wall.

zimmer92 wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Dont you think they have thought of that?
They know, that once the PS3 is out, BluRay's prices will drop drastically. And I mean drastically, they have thought all that out bullet_t00th , they re just out there to make as much money as they possibly can (they know PS3s' will seel either way) but what they havent thought about is the amount of PS3 they think they will sell. I doubt any middle class person with half a brain on them would buy it.

Edit- and I believe those mechs are not human, the ability of them was not humnan made, I think they have created some sort of monster....
Not nice.

Half.A.Brain Jord signing out.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6684|I smell corners

scottomus0 wrote:

Oh yes baby
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6721|West Yorkshire, U.K
I must admit blueray is the way to go
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6545
What's more, Japan will see the PS3 first on November 11th, at a price of 59,800 yen (roughly $542 U.S.) for the 20GB setup. The 60-gig system will become the product of an open market and have its price set by retailers. North America, Europe and Australasia will see the system six days later on November 17th with a price of $499 dollars and 499 Euros (or $638 U.S.) respectively for the 20GB version. The 60-gig configuration will retail for $599 dollars in the United States and 599 Euros overseas (which translates to $766 U.S). Canadian Prices will be set at $549 ($493 U.S.) and $659 ($592 U.S.).

To put the price points above in the simplest terms, Canada will get both systems cheaper than anyone else, while Europe will be paying the most (unless Japanese retailers go crazy with their open market price).
ToiletTrooper
+25|6812|WC
Why PS3? FUCK PS3, i love pc's.
[JUK]semerkhet
+3|6668
pretty much all those games are coming to PC, with teh exception of GT:HD...and thats not worth buying because they can't even be bothered to put in damage modelling...and they call it a driving "simulation", cant remember being able to simulate my car bouncing of a wall at 100mph without a scratch.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6794|Argentina
Sony is losing $150 for each console sold.  They'd have to sell the console $ 750 to be even.  Think what you are getting, a Cell procesor, the most powerful Nvidia card ever, BluRay, and a console.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6505

sergeriver wrote:

Sony is losing $150 for each console sold.  They'd have to sell the console $ 750 to be even.  Think what you are getting, a Cell procesor, the most powerful Nvidia card ever, BluRay, and a console.
Or you could just use that $600 to buy better stuff for the ultimate console: The PC. With $600 you could get some really nice new things and future PCs games are looking better than anything on the PS3.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6793|United States of America
Some look awesome, some look ok, some look horrible.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6657|Mhz

Yeah I'll be getting one.

For the guy who said you can't upgrade a PS3... answer. You don't need to upgrade a PS3 it'll handle anything thats made for it forever. those clips are the WORST you'll see on a PS3, as anyone knows its only gets better from launch (graphics wise anyway) Look at how bad PS1 games looked at release and where they ended up just before the PS2 came out, the difference is mental and all that with no hardware changes, yeah do that on a PC, oh look a flying pig.

Anyway, I'll be getting MGS4 and GT:HD of that lot, FF XIII looks like FF X which quite frankly was dire so it's got a lot to prove.

I gotta say that KillZone 2 looks amazing but FPS games on consoles suffer badly so unless the PS3 can take a KB n Mouse from my PC or has its own I'll leave that one.

I'll be getting a Wii as well, just coz i want one and its piss cheap lol.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6695|Australia
Forget PS3 and X360. Its all about the Wii.

Does anyone know the story behind those mooing mechs in the MGS4 vid? Its like they are animals that are still alive - but have put a cabin on top. I would especially like to know what they bright yellow/green discharge was after the battle.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6794|Argentina

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Or you could just use that $600 to buy better stuff for the ultimate console: The PC. With $600 you could get some really nice new things and future PCs games are looking better than anything on the PS3.
You can't buy a GFx card like the PS3 nvidia with $600.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6657|Mhz

Time for me to be an annoying picky bastage...

Anyone else noticed that Snake in MGS4 has the wrong eye missing?

MGS3 Screen ---> https://mgs3.bonusweb.cz/mgs3/pix/subsistance/6.gif

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-10-17 15:31:36)

The#1Spot
+105|6577|byah

sergeriver wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

Me too.  But check Killzone 2.  It makes look BF2142 like shit.
just about any fututristic game will make 2142 look like crap cause their development team can actually make a stable game.
liquix
+51|6491|Peoples Republic of Portland
I love pre-rendered clips. Such an accurate depiction of what the game will be like omGz! Hmm none of these are in-game....teh sucks.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6632|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Mercenairies 2 anyone?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard