Nehil
+3|6730|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)
I see alot of people use the words "african american" for black, or in some other cases niggers or negroes. If you are white do you call yourself "caucasian"? Or maybe "European American"? No I don't think so. So if you call yourself "white" (and if you are) why don't your use the word black instead of african american?. Becuse that's what we are. You guys aren't even american. The indians are. Or were. And how did all this start? Who came up with these stupid words? And can't we call eachothers humans? Does it really matter what colour of skin we have?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

theydo that here in canada... were very multicultural
african canadian (ifyoure from africa) german canadian, french canadian, etc etc.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6734
Black, white, asian, eurotrash, african, middle eastern, etc. The only time I use a politically correct term that ends in "american" is native american and the only reason I do so is because if I say Indian I have to specify whether I mean dot or feather.
Erkut.hv
+124|6734|California

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Black, white, asian, eurotrash, african, middle eastern, etc. The only time I use a politically correct term that ends in "american" is native american and the only reason I do so is because if I say Indian I have to specify whether I mean dot or feather.
lmfao!!!

Dot or feather, that is fawkin' funny.
=SoG=PredatoR
+3|6756|Austin, Texas
I think it is primarily an overprotection for even the thought of some sort of discrimination or prejudice.
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6789|Boston,MA
african american was created because it sounds better(for blacks) than plain black or nigger, just like gipsy like to call them selfs romale, not sure where that came from...i guess they just made it up
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6709|Sweden
Why is everybody saying that Christopher Colombus was the first european visiting the americas? Its been proved that the first europeans to "enter" american soil were vikings. Ofcourse, I may be a little brainwashed since I am a swede, and vikings usually came from Sweden, or other parts of Scandinavia. But still? I would love it if the vikings were known as the ones who discovered the USA...

Last edited by Sh1fty2k5 (2005-12-13 14:28:18)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6819
i don't believe i have ever referred to anyone as 'african american.'

most americans are genetic jumbles so interbred and mixed it is of little significance to classify them as anything other than mutts.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6785

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Why is everybody saying that Christopher Colombus was the first european visiting the americas? Its been proved that the first europeans to "enter" american soil were vikings. Ofcourse, I may be a little brainwashed since I am a swede, and vikings usually came from Sweden, or other parts of Scandinavia. But still? I would love it if the vikings were known as the ones who discovered the USA...
i thought they landed in canada first
newfoundland to be specific
... in any case yes you're right.  We're taught that vikins came here 'first'
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6709|Sweden
Seriously? I didnt know that. Well that feels great!
Rosse_modest
+76|6775|Antwerp, Flanders
You didn't know that? And you're Scandinavian?

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2005-12-14 16:00:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard