Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
PspRpg-7
-
+961|5816

DO NOT USE YOUR EMOTIONS, USE FACTS
Now, I'm not saying to "KILLEM ALL" I'm just simply asking your opinions on the matter. But seriously, DO NOT say "OMG DON'T KILL THEM RETARDS ARE PEOPLE TOO"
...
Seriously. Discuss (Without emotion)
Wow, I totally forgot to tell you what to discuss. /fail.
Here: What do they contribute to the society?

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-10-16 19:50:51)

liquix
Member
+51|5572|Peoples Republic of Portland
The mentally ill are a group of people who simply can't help their conditions. Even the use of drugs to help a given condition usually causes alot of problems with the individual. By problems, I mean mood disorders. To relate, try and imagine not feeling like your self whenever your on meds. There really is only one solution, its help. Getting "rid" of mentally ill folks is an easy thing to say when you never knew someone who was mentally ill, or simply don't understand. We have come far from the days where they used to beat mentally ill people because they were thought to be just "stupid." Support your supportive living folks, and developmental disability organizations.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|5816

Whoops, forgot to put the topic of discussion. fail on my part. Edited first post.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5524|North Carolina
Well...  *puts on flameproof suit*  I personally have nothing against sterilizing them.

That being aside, I seriously think that Down's Syndrome will likely become a thing of the past as we advance in gene therapy.  I figure we may be able to transform fetuses while they develop into perfectly normal people.  This way, no one would have to live life as a retard anymore, for lack of a better phrase.
Sgt.Scream.MDK
Member
+19|5882|Florida - America's Wang!
I cant comment on what the mentally handicapped contribute to society, but I can tell you there are plenty of mentally sound individuals that do not contribute to society.
cablecopulate
Member
+449|5857|Massachusetts.
Mentally handicapable, you mean.
Archer
rapes face
+161|5543|Canuckistan
Nothing, to be honest.
We just don't kill them because of their families/relatives and also because it's against human rights.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|5648|Global Command
Well turquoise, ( and a fine broach you'd make too ), that may make sense on a societal level but wouldn't stand the emo test.

psp, you feeling okay?  I feel like I'm talking to somebody I know who is otherwise brilliant, but just has inadvertantly sniffed a large amount of glue.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5524|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

Well turquoise, ( and a fine broach you'd make too ), that may make sense on a societal level but wouldn't stand the emo test.
lol...  My brother is sapphire.  But yeah, you're right.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|5605|"Near Det.", MI
Your a retard you sensless bastard!


j/k

But seriously, "retards" get away with everything. I have a kid at school who is retarded and at one time in his life, 7th grade, he CHASED AFTER ONE OF MY FRIENDS WITH AN EXACT-O KNIFE in art class AND NOTHING HAPPENED WITH HIM BUT A SMALL TAP ON THE WRIST! No suspension or anything, detension, nothing! All my friend asked for was one of those fancy crayons. This kid has been in numorus fights and the other kid always gets suspended.

Iam glad you brought this up because TODAY, in 11th grade...yes he is still in school...he flipped out and threw a chair at someone because they told him he was last chair and he had to move over TWO FUCKING SEATS! He stormed off crying and just stayed in the little office separating two class rooms the whole time and just sat there picking his fucking nose! The teacher did nothing because he is afarad of what the school board will do to him if he punishes this fucking mainiac!

Me and my two buddies are waiting for a chance to fucking level this kid! Every day we look for a chance to deck him. I don't care if we get expelled! We have been dealing with him for 6 LONG FUCKING YEARS. This year we have had it, if so much as touches us a little we will level him out!

TO HELL WITH ALL THE FUCKING RETARDS AND THEIR FAMILIES!


To answere your question: NO FUCKING WAY!
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|5572|Ontario, Canada
I hope you die Agent Hawk, ever thought the disorder they have might be related to them getting angry?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
cablecopulate
Member
+449|5857|Massachusetts.

^AgentHawk wrote:

snip

!
So to sum up what you're saying: you don't like retards?
[email protected]
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|5668|Southeastern USA
well, to remove myself completely and look at this from the a clinical/historical perspective, i have to wonder if we aren't contributing to the dilution of the gene pool, this catering to the retarded (yes i use it, look up the definition, it fits) and even encouraging their breeding in some cases merely propagates the condition from which they suffer, and possibly even serves to weaken the human race. That being said, how would you prevent it apart from leaving malformed babies on the mountainside to be eaten by wolves as the ancient greeks did.


.......can i borrow that flame proof suit?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5524|North Carolina

[email protected] wrote:

well, to remove myself completely and look at this from the a clinical/historical perspective, i have to wonder if we aren't contributing to the dilution of the gene pool, this catering to the retarded (yes i use it, look up the definition, it fits) and even encouraging their breeding in some cases merely propagates the condition from which they suffer, and possibly even serves to weaken the human race. That being said, how would you prevent it apart from leaving malformed babies on the mountainside to be eaten by wolves as the ancient greeks did.

.......can i borrow that flame proof suit?
lol...  Well, I have a solution that would make religious conservatives shit a brick, but it would work.

Free abortions for potential mothers of retarded babies.  We have the technology available to determine what kind of deformities and disorders a baby will have.  If we determine a fetus will be retarded, we should basically warn the mother, and leave open the option of an abortion.

I'm personally pro-choice in the first place, but I'm pro-abortion when it comes to these kinds of things.  To me, it's just a more efficient version of leaving a baby on a mountainside.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|5816

ATG wrote:

Well turquoise, ( and a fine broach you'd make too ), that may make sense on a societal level but wouldn't stand the emo test.

psp, you feeling okay?  I feel like I'm talking to somebody I know who is otherwise brilliant, but just has inadvertantly sniffed a large amount of glue.
Haha, thanks for the compliment...And the slight zing. BUT I have been pondering this since someone asked me this quite some time ago. I just wanted your opinion on it.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|5605|"Near Det.", MI

d4rkst4r wrote:

I hope you die Agent Hawk, ever thought the disorder they have might be related to them getting angry?
He announced he is getting his drivers license next month...I will now take the bus from now on...

It was my first clue when he attacked me in 6th grade. My mom works with retards and says he has a form a autism that effects emotions and makes them grow exponentially ie he fells the slightest anger he will chase my friend around with a very sharp knife in art class

Last edited by ^AgentHawk (2006-10-16 21:20:20)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|5816

I guess while we're on the same (well, sorta) subject. Do you think you should take an IQ test before you breed? Or get married? Or to obtain certain jobs?
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|5605|"Near Det.", MI
Maybe
No
"certain" jobs like the Secret Service or operating certain machines that can kill someone.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5524|North Carolina

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I guess while we're on the same (well, sorta) subject. Do you think you should take an IQ test before you breed? Or get married? Or to obtain certain jobs?
The first one is unenforcable.

The second one is unnecessary.

The third one is already done.
CameronPoe
Member
+2,925|5674
Nobody has to contribute anything to society. Fullstop. What's your point?
CameronPoe
Member
+2,925|5674

^AgentHawk wrote:

Your a retard you sensless bastard!


j/k

But seriously, "retards" get away with everything. I have a kid at school who is retarded and at one time in his life, 7th grade, he CHASED AFTER ONE OF MY FRIENDS WITH AN EXACT-O KNIFE in art class AND NOTHING HAPPENED WITH HIM BUT A SMALL TAP ON THE WRIST! No suspension or anything, detension, nothing! All my friend asked for was one of those fancy crayons. This kid has been in numorus fights and the other kid always gets suspended.

Iam glad you brought this up because TODAY, in 11th grade...yes he is still in school...he flipped out and threw a chair at someone because they told him he was last chair and he had to move over TWO FUCKING SEATS! He stormed off crying and just stayed in the little office separating two class rooms the whole time and just sat there picking his fucking nose! The teacher did nothing because he is afarad of what the school board will do to him if he punishes this fucking mainiac!

Me and my two buddies are waiting for a chance to fucking level this kid! Every day we look for a chance to deck him. I don't care if we get expelled! We have been dealing with him for 6 LONG FUCKING YEARS. This year we have had it, if so much as touches us a little we will level him out!

TO HELL WITH ALL THE FUCKING RETARDS AND THEIR FAMILIES!


To answere your question: NO FUCKING WAY!
That guy doesn't exactly sound 'mentally handciapped'. You beg the question 'what are you doing in class with a supposedly mentally handicapped person?'....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|5680
Personally I think society needs to take a serious look at stricter birth controls.  Given that the world is already overpopulated, shouldn't we maybe be thinking about restricting births of those with genetic problems?
CameronPoe
Member
+2,925|5674

Bubbalo wrote:

Personally I think society needs to take a serious look at stricter birth controls.  Given that the world is already overpopulated, shouldn't we maybe be thinking about restricting births of those with genetic problems?
I would agree with you in part but I would have trouble deciding who'd be for the chop. Simply because the only ones I would select for the chop are those whose quality of life is practically nil. For instance, people with Downs syndrome appear to have relatively full and happy lives, oblivous to their condition. Some would say they have it better than ordinary folk given their general disposition - as such I couldn't justify 'restricting' births of Downs syndrome sufferers.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-17 00:39:50)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|5680
Obviously practice is different to theory, but I'd suggest that given that a Down's syndrome suffer wouldn't know what they were missing out on, it would be better to not perpetuate the problem.
Reciprocity
Member
+721|5699|the dank(super) side of Oregon
In terms of prenatal detection of a severe birth defect, physical/mental I have no problem with termination prior to birth, and yes, that includes late term abortion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard