Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6493
Okay first off all this is a guide is not going to make you the best player ever, this is a "How not to suck" however following the guide will likely to boost your K, SPM et cetera.

1. Basic Movement.

In general the same as BF2. You move at pretty much the same speed and have the same jump height. Only jump to clear gaps or over obstacles, some times you can do it to escape from fire but it won't help very much and it will deplete your rather low stamina. Sprinting is better to avoid fire, just sprint to cover and then find an alternate route or whatever you are looking for (such as heal or supplies).
The only difference in movement versus BF2 is that when you go prone your accuracy will at first greatly decrease before straightening out again. This means that in CQC you are best off crouching.

2. Basic Combat.

You are used to guns this accurate and this powerful. The assault rifles in BF2142 have accuracy close to the AK-101 and damage close to the SCAR-L. It is less who shoots first, but believe me that is still very important, but more who is better equipped and who is smarter. At CQC what you should do (presuming you have an assault rifle or SMG) is crouch and open fire, unless the target mores to mid-range just spray. If you are running low on ammo and an enemy at CQC has not seen you I recomend pulling out your knife. The knife registers as a hit about ~75% more often than if BF2, you also get a sexy dog-tag. At mid range (30-60 meters, range is shown on your scope) you should also crouch, but fire in burst (usually 3-5 shots), three of these will likely drop an opponent. But be careful at mid range, the guns have drop now, so at mid range the ARs will do 20 damage instead of 27 and the SMGs will do 10 instead of 25. If you are using an SMG then just run into CQC, the SMGs have low recoil and high rates of fire, making them the best CQC weapons in the game. At long range (50+ meters) with an Assault rifle you have to go prone and use single shot. As neither your gun nor his will do large damage I recommend drooping a med-hub.

3. Support combat.

At CQC you follow the same rules as stated in the second paragraph, you may do less damage but you got a higher RoF so you should do fine. At medium range is where the support is probably the best class. You crouch like you would with a regular gun but this time you spray your bullets, and you will gain accuracy as you fire. Long range follows similar rules except you should go prone here instead of crouching.

4. Sniping

Okay now the sniper rifle is only usable at 30+ meters, if any less pull out your side-arm, close the gap and blast your enemy. At medium range however you will be better off with the rifle. Snipers who think they are though but aren't will tell you that sniping in 2142 "sux", when the actual elite snipers prefer BF2142's sniping because the rifles have a better Chance of hitting a moving target (see Nyte's new video). Now bad snipers are complaining because their rifle now bobs up and down, it does it slowly so it is not hard to time your shots. Timing is now more important to a sniper than reflex, a timed shot will hit an enemy's head while an untimmed one will be unlikely to hit anything unless you are really good.

5. Vehicles.

The vehicles are quite different from BF2, a difference that they all have is that instead of a smoke screen they have an energy shield that lasts a few seconds. The most similar one is the EU tank, the only real differences between it and the BF2 tanks are that this one has a zoom instead off a machine gun as the driver's alt-fire as well as more drop on the shell. The FAVs are similar enough but they have a "nitro" boost, which is the most useful thing DICE could have added to them (thank you DICE). The APCs are not similar at all. Equipped with an MG instead of a cannon, and an EMP instead of a TOW missile. The gunner now has a mortar. The APC also can fire assault pods, which other than for boarding titans can be used to secure a good sniping spot, among other things. The APC is in total a super infantry killer, the MGs and mortar kill grunts dead. Against other vehicles sans FAVs you are best hitting them with the EMP and driving away. My favorite vehicle is the PAC's hover-tank. Much harder to master than the EU's tiger, but when you do this you will be able to take multiple mechs and win. It is hard to get the cannon stable so it is harder to "tank snipe" guys. This thing is also easier to ambush as it cannot rotate its turret. However this thing can strafe, allowing you to turn corners without exposing your weaker areas, and its higher maneuverability makes it tough to hit even with a Mech's guided rockets. The Mech's ego is being trashed by newbies, they think that the mini-guns can hurt tanks and they do not realize there is a sprint on this thing. An effective mech driver while use the sprint to get from place to place but if there is an enemy near by stops because when sprinting the mech bounces so much more so your shots will be pretty off, so much so that the splash damage won't help you. Versus vehicles you are best off walking around to their side, or if the enemy driver is smart you should just spam out those rockets. The rockets will home into enemies within a certain range, exactly what I do not know. Do not try to attack air-craft as you cannot elevate your guns very high so only if they are hovering at a low altitude should you consider. But what you can you is stop moving so much to allow your gunner to get better shot with hits AA gun.

6. Defensive emplacements.

Come in two types: a rail gun and a plasma gun/emp missile launcher. The rail-gun is the best thing for killing mechs, with its high damage and accuracy simply aim for the weak spot, in a mech right below the "head", usually a two hit kill and on anything else the back, which is two hits for tanks and APCs but the APC will catch fire. The Plasma is being degraded by newbies so much, usually for my betterment. It is only effective versus aircraft, not accurate enough for infantry and not powerful enough to even hurt the vehicles, shooting just gives away your position. Against air craft its similar to using the mobile AA in BF2 but now your shots have drop (but very little) any you rockets will make them crash, not explode.

7. Aircraft

Their controls are akin to both the choppers and jets but they are easier for new players to learn. The transport is pretty much a 1.12 Black Hawk but it flies faster. Also remember in the transport only land to pick up people or get repairs, everyone has an assault pod so they don't have to worry about parachutes not deploying. The gunship is not as good as the BF2 chopper, but with good teamwork can be extremely close. The pilot's rockets do less splash damage but now are homing, so they are more effective versus all vehicles and less versus infantry. The gunner is pretty much the same, but has a few differences. The mini-gun he has does less splash damage and the TV missile is guided by moving your mouse not clicking like crazy.

Now you have learned the basics for everything! Horay congradulations you are now a mediocre player, you do not humiliate your self but I can still you that for you!!!!!

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2006-10-17 17:53:52)

INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6465|canada
good job + 1
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6616|Your attic
Nice guide, suggest movement to the guides section by a mod.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6493

Towelly wrote:

Yeah I tried to post it in there but I couldn't.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6745|California

Now make a guide on how to suck!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6616|Your attic

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Yeah I tried to post it in there but I couldn't.
I't a closed section, as in the featured post section before the forums got revamped
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6478|Ontario, Canada
This is a more "Common Sense when playing BF2142 Guide"
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Zukabazuka
+23|6710
Yeah but how many player have you met have "common sense"? they are all noobs on that field for me at least the listen to me now when I'm commander.

The snipers seems to have a hard time hitting me for sure while i just pick them.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6493
Well as I said you we not suck if you follow this guide. And the only reason people do suck in BF2142 is because of lack of common sense. This is for those people because they do a great job of helping my team lose.
lASSlFrogger
+1|6487
Thanks for the info- I'd +1 you if i had it to give.
MikesonCZ
+3|6592|Czech Republic (Prague)
Good stuff man, I would give you +1 karma if I had more posts
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6428|Alberta, Canada
It's a pretty good guide.
However, around the silos, I find myself pulling out the knife more often than using a gun... It's just so easy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard