Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

https://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/10/koreaREU121006_228x295.jpg
As the world grapples with how to rein in the "axis of evil" state which this week conducted a nuclear test, this spectacular satellite photo unveiled yesterday by US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld shows in stark detail the haves and have-nots of the Korean peninsula.

The regime in the north is so short of electricity that the whole country is switched off at 9 p.m. - apart from the capital of Pyongyang where dictator Kim Jong-il and his cohorts live in relative luxury. But even there, lighting is drastically reduced.

The result, as shown in this picture taken one night earlier this week, is a startling contrast between the blacked-out north and the south, which is ablaze with light, particularly around major cities and the capital, Seoul, in the north-west of the country.

Mr Rumsfeld showed the picture to illustrate how backward the northern regime really is - and how oppressed its people are. Without electricity there can be none of the appliances that make life easy and that we take for granted, he said.

"Except for my wife and family, that is my favorite photo," said Mr Rumsfeld.

"It says it all. There's the south, the same people as the north, the same resources north and south, and the big difference is in the south it's a free political system and a free economic system.

"The people in the north are starving, their growth is stunted. It's a shame, a tragedy."

An aide added: "This oppressive regime is too busy trying to make war to make life comfortable for its people."

must be great living there right now. I don't understand how people can say that a person as delusional as Kim should be able to posses nuclear weapons. anyways tell me what you think.

Last edited by Marlboroman82 (2006-10-12 22:58:14)

https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
North Korea = Fail.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house
^^^^
millhous
+39|6607|OREEGONE, USA

LT.Victim wrote:

North Korea = Fail.
Lol. Now thats a worthy fail.
tnt_dynamite
+3|6711
what is this propaganda? haha I wouldn't believe everything you see or hear
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia

tnt_dynamite wrote:

what is this propaganda? haha I wouldn't believe everything you see or hear
I believe that N Korea is probably extremely under powered, but this man is correct. A simple photoshop job could have blacked out lights on the North Korean side of the border - although i doubt it was necessary
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I don't understand how people can say that a person as delusional as Kim should be able to posses nuclear weapons.
Who makes the call on who does or doesn't have the right?
MECtallica
+73|6474|jalalabad
Like it matters, north korea could only get away with one nuclear weapon, or missle launch, and , all the technology we have today its very possible the missle would be intercepted either while its over the pacific , or in space. Bush would retaliate with a nuclear weapon if we (the US) were to be hit. North korea would fail, their country is small, famined, cut off.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

i don't know, but do you trust him?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

MECtallica wrote:

Like it matters, north korea could only get away with one nuclear weapon, or missle launch, and , all the technology we have today its very possible the missle would be intercepted either while its over the pacific , or in space. Bush would retaliate with a nuclear weapon if we (the US) were to be hit. North korea would fail, their country is small, famined, cut off.
I dont think N. Korea has any intention to use nukes against the US or any other country..

For one simple reason..

If they use nukes on anyone.. They are going to be fucked by alot of other countries.. mainly the US.

I think the only reason why N. Korea want nukes because they think it will stop the US from "coming after them".

Leave a bee alone and it wont sting you, fuck with it, and you'll get stung.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
you're right, everyone deserves nuclear weapons...  boobalo    lol  you're posts are funny.
Love is the answer
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I don't understand how people can say that a person as delusional as Kim should be able to posses nuclear weapons.
Who makes the call on who does or doesn't have the right?
Those with the most power and influence, that's who.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6692|Eastern PA

Marlboroman82 wrote:

i don't know, but do you trust him?
He's acted in a manner consistent for someone who wishes to stay in power, which implies rationality. Everything from the massive security apparatus to the development of nuclear weapons to choosing to keep the populace in poverty was done with an eye toward perpetuating the regime.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If that's youre view on life, why not make America a dictatorship?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If that's youre view on life, why not make America a dictatorship?
Actually, it's a fairly realistic, as well as historically consistant view of life, until the world sees fit to suddenly become a utopian paradise.

But why not make America a dictatorship? I'll tell you: because the process of converting America into a complete tyrancy is not the path of least resistance. The US government has already experienced counterattack because of its experimentation in domestic heavy-handedness.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-13 00:49:30)

beerface702
+65|6663|las vegas
this isnt anything new

some years ago i saw similar sat images of N.korea..and yes it's dark as fuck at night...

his missles cant reach US soil, but close they think..

and i dont think bush would just lob a nuke even if they nuked one of our allies....

it would be done with conventinal forces and hopefully we wouldnt be in with it with china..UGLY

Kim Jong Il could give two shits about his countrymen, and i doubt he care's if his country is nuked. im sure he would be on his way out while the hell is coming down on the shitty country..and not giving a rat's ass

i think he wants all this attention and he may get it ten fold..but honestly that's what he wants

and also wants to barter off his puny weapons technology to a high paying terrorist cell...and no i dont think that just cuz the media says that..it makes plenty of sense only.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Actually, it's a fairly realistic, as well as historically consistant view of life, until the world sees fit to suddenly become a utopian paradise.
I thought we were arguing on what should be done.
nancyhutto
+0|6378
We should be working to electrify North Korea and provide them with expanded reactors instead of trying to shut them down.  Kim Jong Il is truly a great leader, and once the world opens a dialogue with him, we will see this.  As a student at Baylor, I was part of an exchange program with North Korea and spent a year there. I met kim and experienced his utopian paradise (and yes it really is).  Kim is great.  Many years down the road, he may well be viewed as a figure near Mohammed or Jesus!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
As stryyker said: Super curfew.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Capt. Foley
+155|6558|Allentown, PA, USA

nancyhutto wrote:

We should be working to electrify North Korea and provide them with expanded reactors instead of trying to shut them down.  Kim Jong Il is truly a great leader, and once the world opens a dialogue with him, we will see this.  As a student at Baylor, I was part of an exchange program with North Korea and spent a year there. I met kim and experienced his utopian paradise (and yes it really is).  Kim is great.  Many years down the road, he may well be viewed as a figure near Mohammed or Jesus!
If you were trying to be sarcastic then holy shit you did a great job. Otherwise....Im alittle scared.
Fadediesel
+15|6386|Emmaus, Pennsylvania

nancyhutto wrote:

GTFO
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

nancyhutto wrote:

If the country is so great, why dont you go live there.  Your a tool.
Fadediesel
+15|6386|Emmaus, Pennsylvania

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

nancyhutto wrote:

If the country is so great, why dont you go live there.  Your a tool.
LOL
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6470|Los Angeles

nancyhutto wrote:

troll.

1) there is no such thing as an exchange program between NK and the US.
2) any sane person who's visted North Korea sees the "utopian paradise" as a sad farce.

I do believe that KJI is a great strategist. he's a master of maintaining internal order and manipulating the leaders of other nations to get what he wants. But he is a retched leader, and literally millions of his subjects have died or have been killed as a direct result of his policies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard