comhalta
+226|6735|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

d4rkst4r wrote:

Why do they wear them anyway?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 411320.stm
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6542|Southeastern USA
I find bras most rude and distracting, how can you trust what someones saying if you can't see their nipples?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker

kr@cker wrote:

I find bras most rude and distracting, how can you trust what someones saying if you can't see their nipples?
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!  Oh man.  You get a +1 for that.
Stingray24

CameronPoe wrote:

I agree with Jack Straw on this one (who I ordinarily would describe as a spineless cunt). If the 'no veils' policy works and is good enough for Turkey then why in the name of Atheon do we in the west have to tippy-toe around such issues.
Because they will threaten our lives because we insulted their religion of peace and if we're caught they'll behead us.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6759|Cambridge (UK)
I don't agree with what he said, but I'll defend his right to say it.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6699

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I totally agree with him
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6456|Tyne & Wear, England
Actually the Muslims are being rather hypocritical here.  When we are in their country we must abide by their rules/laws/beliefs, however when they are in our country they simply expect to impose their own.  If they want to live in Britain then they can start following our rules/beliefs/whatever.  I don't have a problem with Muslims, but when the hypocrisy starts it really pisses me off.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2006-10-15 20:54:39)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Stingray24

CameronPoe wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

They should take off all their clothes.
Amen. I wonder what muslim chicks are like in the sack. Probably disappointingly dismissive but I'm willing to give it a go!
If they can't be expressive or take initiative anywhere but in the bedroom, they might be quite frisky.  Who knows.  All this conjecture is total oversimplification.  Even in our extremely open society women come in all different types.
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6749|UK - England

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Actually the Muslims are being rather hypocritical here.  When we are in their country we must abide by their rules/laws/beliefs, however when they are in our country they simply expect to impose their own.  If they want to live in Britain then they can start following our rules/beliefs/whatever.  I don't have a problem with Muslims, but when the hypocrisy starts it really pisses me off.
They do follow your rules HELL they dont follow your beliefs - Thank god for that bit. You cant tell them how to dress - every person has a right to dress how they want oh and the way you have written this its as if you have assumed there is some sorta law that stops Muslim women wearing veils - pathetic
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6560|Bristol UK
I agree with Mr Straw on this one, He's finally found his balls
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6749|UK - England

whilsky wrote:

I always thought he never had any balls (he still dont) - oh and I think he will regret it - my opinion.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
Women wearing veils are just perfect for being terrorists, you can't see who entered the building, who stole the thing, who shot the person from security cameras right? Hell, it could be a muslim male wearing a burqa going looting and when they do a search, they practically have no idea who it was since all muslim women have veils on. I would say lose the veils.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Nobody wants a crusade, here.

CameronPoe wrote:

I agree with Jack Straw on this one (who I ordinarily would describe as a spineless cunt). If the 'no veils' policy works and is good enough for Turkey then why in the name of Atheon do we in the west have to tippy-toe around such issues.
Because you might hurt precious feelings. But if they can stand in the streets and shout that silly crap and get away with it, then why should any of us beel bad about THIS:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/england-football-fans.jpghttps://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/england-football-fans-boy.jpg

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-16 06:28:21)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Because you might hurt precious feelings. But if they can stand in the streets and shout that silly crap and get away with it, then why should any of us beel bad about THIS:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … l-fans.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … ns-boy.jpg
Why does anyone feel bad about that? (Except for the fact it's the England flag... jk) Nobody is denying anyone the right to suppress their nationality for one minute. People are free to make stupid banal remarks about how people in England should temper their nationalism because of their less than savoury past but that's just free speech. Ignore the cunts!! You are free to ignore them and do whatever you like with face-paint, t-shirts and flags. I would suggest that Englishmen and women should not modify their behaviour one iota with respect to pride in their nation and heritage (even if it isn't easy to be proud of ... jk).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … l-fans.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … ns-boy.jpg
Why does anyone feel bad about that? (Except for the fact it's the England flag... jk) Nobody is denying anyone the right to suppress their nationality for one minute. People are free to make stupid banal remarks about how people in England should temper their nationalism because of their less than savoury past but that's just free speech. Ignore the cunts!! You are free to ignore them and do whatever you like with face-paint, t-shirts and flags. I would suggest that Englishmen and women should not modify their behaviour one iota with respect to pride in their nation and heritage (even if it isn't easy to be proud of ... jk).
That's alot coming from someone whose country couldn't grow potatoes (...jk bigtime; that's one of the reasons why one part of my family moved out).

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-16 07:20:04)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Most communication is non-verbal anyway.  If I'm speaking directly to some one, I would like to see their face.  Facial expressions are very important to communications.  I mean, think about it, how many times have we had a post end up being taken seriously by another member because the sarcasm wasn't recognized?
JaMDuDe
+69|6770

--->[Your]Phobia<--- wrote:

whilsky wrote:

I always thought he never had any balls (he still dont) - oh and I think he will regret it - my opinion.
Yeah cause angry muslims will assassinate him. We should just get rid of the koran, its brainwashed too many people.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6646

CameronPoe wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Enforcing a no-veils policy is just as bad as enforcing a veils policy, IMO.  If everyone was forced to paint st. georges cross on their face before they went out, then that would be wrong.  If people were banned outright from doing so, that would be wrong.  The point as I see it, is that everyone is free to choose how to express themselves, within the logical limits (e.g. painting a swastika on their face wouldn't be on). 

I personally don't display any nationalism, because I don't feel the need whatsoever.  I'm a part of the EU and I don't feel the need to paint the 12 stars flag on my face either.  If people need tto cover everything they own in their countries flag, then who am I to deny them that method of trying to find some sense of belonging.  I might take the piss severely out of people who do paint england flags on their face, but that's my right because they look like fucking idiots.  I wouldn't try to stop them though.

JaMDuDe wrote:

Yeah cause angry muslims will assassinate him. We should just get rid of the koran, its brainwashed too many people.
Yeah, that EC-10 stuff really stirs up problems.  I'm sure the Grammaton Clerics have the final solution you are after.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

JaMDuDe wrote:

--->[Your]Phobia<--- wrote:

whilsky wrote:

Absolutely. The Bible too. As well as every other religious text. All current editions should be burnt and older, pretty ones, should all be stuck in museums so people don't go reading them.

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Enforcing a no-veils policy is just as bad as enforcing a veils policy, IMO.  If everyone was forced to paint st. georges cross on their face before they went out, then that would be wrong.  If people were banned outright from doing so, that would be wrong.  The point as I see it, is that everyone is free to choose how to express themselves, within the logical limits (e.g. painting a swastika on their face wouldn't be on).
I disagree. I'm against a unilateral ban. But you wouldn't see people in a working environment with flags painted on their faces. It should be the same with veils. The classroom assistant stuff that's been going on is an example of this. It's been proven that part of how children learn is through facial expression. Not showing your face while teaching is depriving children of the education they deserve. But then I don't think anyone religious should be allowed to teach.

Ultimately veils are just another form of control by a religious organisation.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6542|Southeastern USA
@ nuttah's post, the difference between the veils and the st george is that the st george doesn't hide your identity, how would you like to be having a meeting/sharing private information with/conducting a traffic stop/trying to work security at any venue and have to deal with someone you can't identify? If you  have the right to hide your identity, then i have the right to refuse service or access to anything/place of mine on grounds of safety and security (informational included)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

JaMDuDe wrote:

We should just get rid of the koran, its brainwashed too many people.
We should just get rid of the bible, its brainwashed too many people.
Stingray24

CameronPoe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Oh noes, we might follow the Ten Commandments! :gasp: People running around starting homeless shelters and providing help to the community!  The horror!
JaMDuDe
+69|6770

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Oh noes, we might follow the Ten Commandments! :gasp: People running around starting homeless shelters and providing help to the community!  The horror!
No kidding, we cant let that happen. All these radical christians going door to door handing bibles out will destroy us all!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Because that's what all christians do? LOL. Muslims do exactly that too. You may not be aware of this but Mohammed started life as a beggar.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Because that's what all christians do? LOL. Muslims do exactly that too. You may not be aware of this but Mohammed started life as a beggar.
You may not be aware of this, but Jesus was a racist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard