Poll

What map cycle do you look for when joined a public ranked server?

Infantry only City Maps (Karkand, Jalalabad etc.)25%25% - 27
City Maps w/ Vehicles (Karkand, Jalalabad etc.)17%17% - 18
Air/Vehicle Maps (Dalian Plant, Daqing Oilfields etc.)22%22% - 23
Special Forces Day Maps (Warlord, Ghost Town Surge etc)15%15% - 16
Armored Fury/Euro Force5%5% - 6
Other (Post below)13%13% - 14
Total: 104
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6489|gulf of oman

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Why no SF night maps?
https://www.funnypictures.dk/data/media/1/177.jpg

Last edited by tehz (2006-10-10 16:23:24)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6512|Little blue planet, milky way
Damned hard choice to make....

Offhand I would say it depends if it's an IO server, and what size maps. It also depends on the number of players.

Dalian: Is VERY good if you have 20+ players, and is even excellent at up to 64 players. The small map is VERY good for IO.
Wake: Meh... I dont like it personally, but I know others do
Karkand: Not so fun as IO (unless it's small/medium), loads of fun if the server is full, NOT so fun if it isn't.
Daqing: Dont like the large versions, small map is fun though. Not very good as IO
Shonghua: Nice if you have a full server, especially the medium sized map. Not so good as IO
Zatar Wetlands: I dont think anyone likes that map.
Sharqi: IO is good. Small map is too imbalanced. Can be played with many or few people on the server for larger maps
Jalalabad + Oman: Large map is not good for IO. Normal play is decent if you have at least 50% players online.
Mashtur + Kubra + Dragon: IO is fun for small/med map. Normal play is decent if you have many players on a large map.
Fushe: Cool as small/med map, very good if you do not have a full load of players. Not so fun as IO
Clean Sweep: Not good as IO. Small map is too imbalanced. Fun starts with at least 50% player load

SF: No night maps is the norm. Though night maps can be really fun as IO. Iron gator pretty much sucks as IO on the med/large map. Other than that... I dont think there are enough SF players to justify more servers. You need a VERY dedicated player base to get it up and running.

EF/AF: Great wall is TONNES of fun as small map and IO. Though in general, a lot of the EF/AF servers are gone, so like SF, it may be tough to find a decent player base. But UNLIKE SF, you CAN put the maps in your rotation, just "bundle" them together so you have regular BF2 maps a lot, and AF/EF a bit. This way you wont loose too many players to the fact that they dont have AF/EF. Many players DO, but not all, so only pick a couple of AF/EF maps.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6667|In You Endo- Stoke
https://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/JTreesmokin/orry.jpg

Lately i have been mostly playing 24/7 dragon valley, Jahalalabad IO.

tehz wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Why no SF night maps?
http://www.funnypictures.dk/data/media/1/177.jpg
i couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2006-10-10 16:32:50)

Master*
Banned
+416|6484|United States
special forces infantry only
64 map size
32-64 players in the server

Maps:
Ghost Town
Iron Gator
Warlord
Leviathan
Surge
... Heck all of the special forces maps!!!!

and low ping
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6798|Marathon, Florida Keys

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Why no SF night maps?
because night maps are to hard for noobs, lolz
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6471
Null Vote

Karkand 24/7 orrr mainly I just join MOONGAMERS 24/7 karkand come in and stop by watch my own.
[R.D]ProblemsSolver
+0|6705
It depends.
Mostly i look for air maps server, but now since my joistick got broken i am playing infantry on my clans server. Van-Tech.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6619|Washington, DC

A rotation like FULLCONTACTWAR's.
Mantis701
+6|6556|PA, USA
Well, It looks like it may have been a mistake to not put SF Night Maps in, as I love them too.  I just didn't put them in because I thought only a small number of people would like them because of system requirements, noobs, wtc.  Obviously I was wrong.  If I get a lot of 'Other' votes saying SF night maps, I guess I'll add them to the tally of SF Day maps too.  Sorry about that goof up with the poll.
Mantis701
+6|6556|PA, USA
What is FULLCONTACT WAR'S rotation?
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6524|Edmonton Alberta

Mantis701 wrote:

What is FULLCONTACT WAR'S rotation?
everything

IMO this would be the perfect map rotation as i love city maps but i like whoring helos too

karkand/dalian/jalalabad/sharqi/karkand/dragon valley/jalalabad/ daqing oilfields/karkand/kurba dam/jalalabad/wake with vehicles i might add
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6452|A W S M F O X
i reckon the city maps and wake is one of the best rotations.

But SF day is simply awesome.....
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6733|Germany
i only play on my favorite servers <3
Mantis701
+6|6556|PA, USA
The problem I thought we would have with mixed map rotations is that if it switched to an air/vehicle map, we'd lose all the ground pounders or if it switched to infantry only, we lose the vehicle drivers.  I thought it would be best to stick with one dedicated map rotation so we could get a good base of players that would remember our server and come back all the time.  There was thought given to making a schedule and having 2 or 3 different map rotations over the week, but I don't know about that.
-=4th=-1/2Hawk
+0|6393|Nashville, TN
A tie?  We need more votes!

Night or day SF maps, I love em both.  Some of the 16 player versions of the less popular maps are actually quite a lot of fun IO.
niomosy
+26|6678
Usually these days, I'm wanting to just continually play a specific map so that's what I'll look for.  Typically either Sharqi, Karkand or Warlord.

Otherwise, I'll just hop on a server running a random rotation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard