SargeX_au
+29|6759
Nooooo
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826

RKF77 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I honestly can't belive out of all of those, everyone puts bunny hopping at a higher 'hate this, fix it' than the fucking n00b tube.

But grenade launchers...? Those are a bit hard to deal with provided you don't die when you get hit with it. If they miss, sure you kill 'em, but 90% of my time I've been 1 shot with those things.
How would you suggest they "fix" them? 
I would suggest they lower the damage of a shot and make the radius wider. So it isn't a 1 shot, 1 kill weapon.
Maybe 30% damage instead of 100%. And again, a wider radius to balance the change. Hell, give them more ammo too. But for fucks sake, anything than a 1 hit kill.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-13 15:34:27)

Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6845|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
excellent fixes...especially the bunny hoppin mutha fookers and the jump and shoot...how many times u die when some dick jumps and slots u????
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6745|Omaha, Nebraska
About time they fixed AA...

Last edited by splixx (2005-12-13 15:41:10)

SargeJp
+87|6756|Canada
wow looks a gay patch... thanks EA for effort but it will sucks definatly
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6729|England

wensleydale8 wrote:

yes i agree the n00b tubers are nearly banished only if they could do sumat about it.
Hell leave the n00b tubers alone i personally enjoy having a n00b match with someone skill to dodge there grenade and skill to hit the target and yes you do need skill to use a n00b tube maybe not the most of skills but still you need skill.

These patches just get boring were never gonna have the ultimate perfect patch where no one would complain about anything. But this patch seems to look good so far if they keep it up ill give them a ribbon
ribbon - successful update patch

Criteria:

EA rating: brains working
EA Completion: good

Requirements:

IAM: EA satisfies customers
IAM: NO problems with the patch

IAM = in a month

hahaha
RKF77
+1|6757

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I would suggest they lower the damage of a shot and make the radius wider. So it isn't a 1 shot, 1 kill weapon.
Maybe 30% damage instead of 100%. And again, a wider radius to balance the change. Hell, give them more ammo too. But for fucks sake, anything than a 1 hit kill.
Uh...it's a 40mm grenade, not a water balloon.

You really think changing it so it takes 4 grenades to kill someone would be 'good"?  They reduced the blast radius (rightly so, I might add, it was HUGE) in the first patch.  As it stands now, you can blow up a grenade from a grenade launcher 5-10 meters away from an enemy and it will not kill him, but it will injure him.  We've tested it.  Since they reduced the blast radius, only the best, on-target shots will kill a healthy target...as it should be.  If a 40mm grenade lands within 10 meters of you in real life, you're probably history...in the game, I think one landing at your feet should kill you.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

As far as I've been able to tell in my (admittedly unscientific) testing, the 40mm grenades from the M203/GP-30/F2000 kill in "one shot" at a smaller radius then the hand grenades do on a player with full health.  I think that's a pretty good setup...but I will agree with you that they do need some tweaking.   What I'd rather see is they "fix" them by adding a minimum distance to arm fuse.  If grenade doesn't travel at least 20 meters, grenade doesn't arm.
Chodda
+67|6740
LMAO gotta give it up to EA to completely ruin everything. Shorter distance with the TV Missile? LMAO it’s ridiculously short to begin with. Damn you EA! And it looks like I’m going to be opening my wallet to some Call of Duty 2 now.
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

SargeJp wrote:

And this my friends is the sound of another noob-toober never to return to the battlefield. You will not be missed.
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6796|Boston,MA
it's all fine but no more jump and shoot at the same time....that sux
ronin1942
+-1|6850

Sturmvogel wrote:

SargeJp wrote:

And this my friends is the sound of another noob-toober never to return to the battlefield. You will not be missed.
guys like you are not thinking ahead yeah not being able to shoot while jumping solves one problem but it will create more than it will solve.
IrishWind
+4|6716
It looks good.  I cannot wait for this.  My coworker who bough this game quit it and went back to CS:S because of the crap support EA/DICE has and the n00b tactics that rule.  I'm sure he'll like these.

There are a few things I would love to see.  First is a time/distance fuse for the grenade launchers.  Second, count revives as heals for the medic class badges and medals.  Nothing worse than chasing a wounded teammate across the map to heal him, only to see him get killed before you start to heal him.  Atleast give me some credit for reviving his dumb ass.  Heals are the hardest teamwork score to earn IMHO.  Third, bring back loaded helo/vehicles flag capping.  I hate jumping out of a helo to cap a flag, then hope the pilot sticks around to pick me back up.  He might not stick around if it is easier to kill the helo now. Fourth, an few new maps would be nice.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6745|Finland
Well all of this updates looks fine. Sure I must change my playing style after update (yes I'm bunny hopper ) but I'm ready for that and after that update I don't need to bunny hop because there's no one else doing it either. Sure that you can't shoot while you are jumping is kinda stupid but it's same for all. I'm just thinking that why they can't make shooting much harder while jumping (like less accuraty) or that you can't jump after jumps but you need to wait a while between jumps. But there's one thing that I'm really thinking.. This chopper updates. 8 missiles is ok because now you can destroy 2 tanks with missiles before reaload and after update you can destroy only once. But that you can't shoot TV missile that far as you now can is not so good in my opinion and while AA vehicles and stingers/iglas are more accurate and there's less hitpoints of chopper it make chopper almost useless except against noobs. Sure I can't say it yet, maybe it's good, but it sounds not so good but this planes are more powerfull and biger "problem" than choppers atm. But as long as it's same for all it's ok for me. Let's see what will happen
ronin1942
+-1|6850
side note: this is the fastest growing thred ive seen on this forum ....lol
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

Sturmvogel wrote:

SargeJp wrote:

guys like you are not thinking ahead yeah not being able to shoot while jumping solves one problem but it will create more than it will solve.
Umm, clue me in chief. What is the good of being able to jump and shoot at the same time?
slidero

Sturmvogel wrote:

Sturmvogel wrote:

SargeJp wrote:

Umm, clue me in chief. What is the good of being able to jump and shoot at the same time?
Being able to throw grenades further, lobbing C4 onto tanks much easier, and medic/ammo bags etc.  Completely removing the option to fire while jumping is just... pointless.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6829|United Knigdom

Lawk wrote:

Six months is not a long time.  Did you play BF1942?  I started playing it about a year after it was released and they continued to release patches and fixes throughout the entire duration, even up to and past the next releases in the series.  I am not so sure you understand what goes into these games on a development basis.  Anyhow, if you plan on playing this game for a while, expect many more patches to come out over the next few years.

It reminds me of when people complain about long time requirments for badges and medals.
Yay! Somebody who remembers EA/Dice from the good ol' days! I played BF1942 about a year and a half from release, and it was the support which won me over.

I've never seen any other developers give as much support and extra content as Dice have done for BF1942. I can think of 4 maps for core BF1942, 1 for an expansion, about 5 extra vechiles, an extra gun, an extra army with new voice actors, that alone is enough for a £10 expansion patch in EA's eyes!

When it comes round to patches people need to think, there will always be something better, but there will also always be something worse. Each thing will be different to different people and it's EA/Dice that need to decide who to satify more! For now, it'll be the people who play the game until something better comes along. A year down the line it's the more dedicated players, who will stay for 3 to 4 years that will get the stuff they want in the long run. Why? Because Dice will want to keep their hardcore players happy, and judging from past experiance, and what Lawk said, we will get that support.

You can argue that we haven't seen many patches as of recent, but they have been developing an expansion pack while giving us the support. Give them a break! Sit back, relax and the support will come.
Sturmvogel
+1|6782

slidero wrote:

Sturmvogel wrote:

Sturmvogel wrote:

Being able to throw grenades further, lobbing C4 onto tanks much easier, and medic/ammo bags etc.  Completely removing the option to fire while jumping is just... pointless.
It is not pointless, THERE IS A POINT to removing it. I'm willing to sacrifice the ability to not throw an ammo bag as far if it helps get rid of a lot of the noob toobers.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Uh...it's a 40mm grenade, not a water balloon.
No shit? Since when was this game suppost to be realistic to begin with? I'm not even going to start on how any of the weapons arnt as they are IRL, or anything else for that matter.. you think you'd be able to still run around after being shot with an M95? You think shock paddles can bring anyone back to life? You think people can jump 5 feet in the air and run around with heavy gear? And have infinate ammo... and... okay, I think I made my point.
we get what youre saying, but theres some things we're willing to suspend our disbelief for so that it's made into a better game.

if you get hit in the chest by a 40mm grenade that explodes on impact, you should die.

i do agree with the minimum arming distance though.  or time fired.  once its out of the tube, it explodes three seconds later.  that way if you hit someone with it, itll take off two bars of health and still be live...itll just hit someone, fall to the ground, then explode three seconds later.
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6796|Boston,MA
well as a engineer i jump and shoot to hit head (one shot/one kill) now i won't be able to do that...
but i guess they had to make it to stop those who jump and knife...
Home
Section.80
+447|6854|Seattle, Washington, USA

Why do they call the G3 the G3A3, and what is the SA80? I looked up a picture of the SA80 on Google, it looks like it's the L85A1? If they call the L8 in game, why call it the SA80 now???
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

the best news and the worst.

noob hoppers will be gone,

i hope they + better splash damage for 2000lb bombs, and AT rockets
vjs
+19|6777
Looks good but we will see... I play all aspects of the game, including jet, havn't spent much time in a chooper though.

My comments:

Increase the AA accuracy, yup hear that one before.
- Two hits from aa should take out a chopper or plane sure but not every shot should count.

While playing aa it really ticks me that firing at a helicoter hovering 20 meters away the damn rocket doesn't hit??? I mean shite I could do more damge throwwing the rocket into the blades!!!

Increased accuracy for support weapons while prone would really help, especially the first bullet. These things have tripods for christs sake.

------------

Shooting while jumping??? Humm I think they just need a forth deviation, standing, crouch, prone... what above

mid-air/standing/crouch/prone

All the noob tubers need is time delay... the damage at the apex of the blast is fine, it just needs to be spead out a little.

-----------------

As for the AA... I'm thinking that this could all be solved with more accurate plane missles. I almost refuse to go after choppers since they can drop flares like mad... and it's tough to get two good hits with a missle.

Hopefully the reduced armour etc on planes and choppers will help.

------------------

TV-guide missles, how about not having to click to realign the missle? I can never get that right... I always thought guided missles were flown as opposed to constantly repointed.
ab2dzeus
+0|6742
God I hope they fix this chicken shit C4 throwing thing. You should have to place the C4 by hand not lob it at infantry.
vjs
+19|6777

stryyker wrote:

the best news and the worst.

noob hoppers will be gone,

i hope they + better splash damage for 2000lb bombs, and AT rockets
Here here, what is the AT class good for if two AT's can't take out a full tank and then some. One shot should get it close to smoking no matter where, at least for a TOW anyways, are you not a sitting target for those 50cals on the tanks to begin with.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard