slidero
WHY DO THEY WAIT 6+ FUCKING MONTHS TO CHANGE THE CORE MECHANICS OF THE GAME ARHHGHGGHg
topal63
. . .
+533|6724

CackNBallz wrote:

I think the AA is pretty effective against helicopters as is. Less missiles for the attack chopper means more time the attack helicopter needs to reload and less time shredding infantry, probably means more action for the gunner though as the ammo can last a good time if used efficiently.  That is fine, the TV missile lifespan shortened? Hmmm... It is because the missile flies so far that I have shot down jets with it, among other cool terrain hugging missile shots that kill tanks.  Oh well... I guess I can live with that.

Air power is too powerful, and even I as a half-decent helicopter pilot can concede that helicopters still stay too long in the air. I can survive sometimes survive 3 SRAW hits (I guess the last ones are glancing hits to the tail or something) and still make it back for repairs.

Everything else I think is pretty good for the game.  Especially the fix for not shooting while jumping, this alone will help negate the n00b tubers from jumping while firing their launchers, causing them to kill themselves and negating any points gain (+2 for kill -2 for suicide).  I think the keyword here is "shoot" whereas grenades, flashbangs, C4 and the knife is a throw or a stab for the latter.

I reload first and then sprint a split second later, so this is just a nice little bonus.  In regards to the weapon accuracy, I think they are going to change that where you aim is where you hit for the sniper rifles, I am guessing more in lines to the M24 accuracy.  The LMGs are probably going to be tweaked to have a closer spray of bullets to what you see through the iron sight.

All this is good to let the skillful players flourish and force the exploiters to use different tactics.
AA is utterly ineffective against mid-range & beyond targets/or moving targets.

LOCKS result in nothing unless the guy sits their & takes the hit.

USUALLY the AA looses the lock on the opposing target are re-targets friendly vehicles & destroys them.

As for bunny-hop throwing C4 - that is a skill - to be able from a high postion run a throw 14 onto a moving
tank. Your idea of what is skill-less makes little sense; or nothing was offered as real opinion.

+

Bunny-hopping at close range merely needs the altitude of the splash damaged raised; therefor you bunny-hop & noob-tube; which is less annoyingly refered to as: jumping and shooting; would result in you not surviving . . . AND/BUT! Some minor-obstacles require you to hit the space bar to get over.

Jumping over a wall  + shooting an enemy target with a grenade launcher thats about 15-20 meters in front of you is a skill.

As far as fiixes:
1.) AA needs fixing. . . it has gotten worse with patches.
2.) Browser is to slow.
3.) Tanks rattle to peices on some maps when going over small hills.
+
Tanks are not properly equiped to defend themeselves against chopper attacks.
Higher lift on gun + possible leed indicator for both MG and main-gun + one shot kill on a chopper
would make attacking the tank from behind a must for choppers; and give a little bit of fight to a tank on map with chopper

RIGHT NOW tanks are easy-ass kills - for choppers.

4.) Air power is over powered in the game over ground defenses against it
+
There is not enough serious dog-fighting going on in the sky.

MAPS are to hard to change - to give ground defense more cover from splash damage; from
bombs; arty; etc.; so another soultion to reduce over-powered air assaults are:

. . . the #1 AA fix +
The planes should take more damage from each other + faster; when air to air combat is happening.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-13 14:09:27)

ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6749

zimmer92 wrote:

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

Hmmm... they're making reloading while sprinting possible? I've always been able to do that, well at least while playing antitank. I can reload the eryx and run at the same time with no problem.
thats the only weapon you can do it wit.. none other. its real good theyre putting that in
I always could sprint and reload.  you just gotta start the reload and then sprint, instead of reloading mid-sprint...

and i know this question has been asked, but not answered:  what the bloody hell is "prone spamming" and "sprint exploiting"?
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6815|Marathon, Florida Keys

slidero wrote:

WHY DO THEY WAIT 6+ FUCKING MONTHS TO CHANGE THE CORE MECHANICS OF THE GAME ARHHGHGGHg
Because there EA.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sturmvogel
+1|6782
So, um where are the OFFICER RANKS?? Having the ranks end at 2nd Lieutenant is just plain dumb. The point descrepancy between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant is flawed also. There is no way I'm going to be playing for another 120,000 points just so I can be a 2nd Lieutenant. I know ranks arn't really important or anything but it is just one more thing you can look forward to attaining.

Other than that the new patch sounds really good. I CAN'T WAIT to play with this patch during the first few days it comes out. I can picutre it now.. running down one of the ally ways in Karkand and an enemy Assault peeks around the corner, he charges towards me, JUMPS! "Oh wait... no noob toob? WHAT THE HELL!" But alas, it is too late I've already gutted him with the G3. <3
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

Sturmvogel wrote:

So, um where are the OFFICER RANKS?? Having the ranks end at 2nd Lieutenant is just plain dumb. The point descrepancy between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant is flawed also. There is no way I'm going to be playing for another 120,000 points just so I can be a 2nd Lieutenant. I know ranks arn't really important or anything but it is just one more thing you can look forward to attaining.

Other than that the new patch sounds really good. I CAN'T WAIT to play with this patch during the first few days it comes out. I can picutre it now.. running down one of the ally ways in Karkand and an enemy Assault peeks around the corner, he charges towards me, JUMPS! "Oh wait... no noob toob? WHAT THE HELL!" But alas, it is too late I've already gutted him with the G3. <3
true because 2nd liutenant is a pathetic rank in the high ranks in us army. theres 1st liutenant. theres not even CAPTAIN!!!!!! i think the highest rank in ea should be the highest rank in the us army that commands from the ground at the battle. this of course would be MAJOR. that would be real good.   

https://www.defenselink.mil/specials/insignias/images/ar_captain.gif    captain

https://www.defenselink.mil/specials/insignias/images/ar_major.gif     major

https://www.defenselink.mil/specials/insignias/images/ar_colonel.gif    colonel
KrazyKilla
+0|6731
There should be a General, but it would probably be 1,000,000,000,000 points to get it :-\
RKF77
+1|6757

zimmer92 wrote:

i think the highest rank in ea should be the highest rank in the us army that commands from the ground at the battle. this of course would be MAJOR
Uh, no.  Try again.
Lawk
+2|6780

slidero wrote:

How long does it take your own extremely successful and huge gaming software company to distribute its changes and revisions?

Yeah, so, STFU.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6826
games that don't allow you to shoot while jumping are stupid.

make the jumping accuracy terrible, make it where you can't hit shit two inches from your face, and i won't complain. but where did this magic safety switch that only turns on when you jump come from? is there some invisible DICE programmer floating around the map, sticking his penis through the trigger guard every time someone jumps and tries to shoot?

it's a completely stupid way to solve the problem. not to mention its effect on grenades, c4, mines, and med/ammo packs [you know, all those things that are more difficult to use than a gun]. it's nice to be able to jump and toss those over a fence.

i don't have problems with the rest of the changes. especially the sa80 and g3, about time they're buffed up, they're upgrades and should behave like upgrades.
RKF77
+1|6757

Krappyappy wrote:

it's a completely stupid way to solve the problem. not to mention its effect on grenades, c4, mines, and med/ammo packs [you know, all those things that are more difficult to use than a gun]. it's nice to be able to jump and toss those over a fence.
Well, all it said was no "shooting" while jumping...it didn't say anything about throwing medpacks or C4.  Who knows, they may not touch that...until they clarify, there's no telling if it means "no shooting" or "no shooting OR throwing" while jumping.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

I hope "Accuracy adjusted" means "made more accurate"
I think n00b-t00b ammo should be decreased. You get about six of those damn things when two would be sufficient for most people who use them legitimatly. I suppose it's a substitute for hand grenades though.

Jumping while firing... wow. I always liked doing that. Not jumping up and down as such, but just an initial leap to surprise people. It made me feel all Neo. I really hope that dosn't apply to knife though, that would suck.

Still, not bad. Looks like some good game adjustments there.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.
Thank you EA/DICE, you have truly helped along this game. My, I have gotten sick with all the bunnyhoppers I have seen on the servers. Its a great addition in my book to get rid of bunnyhoppers, but it was kinda fun owning those n00bs w/ my sniper rifle. oh well, i'll own them the same.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

RKF77 wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

i think the highest rank in ea should be the highest rank in the us army that commands from the ground at the battle. this of course would be MAJOR
Uh, no.  Try again.
then who???
Lawk
+2|6780

Krappyappy wrote:

games that don't allow you to shoot while jumping are stupid.

make the jumping accuracy terrible, make it where you can't hit shit two inches from your face, and i won't complain. but where did this magic safety switch that only turns on when you jump come from? is there some invisible DICE programmer floating around the map, sticking his penis through the trigger guard every time someone jumps and tries to shoot?

hahaha, you're screwed now BOYEEEEEEEE!
Operator_Stavros
+3|6743
LOL its so funny to hear about you guys complaining of the patch coming 6 months late, at least its coming!

As far as tanks not being able to defend themselfs from air attacks;  tanks are not anti air, that is not their realistic function in the military.  However with the lowered air vehicle hitpoints, your tank commander's 50 cal that can aim higher than the turret .50, will SHRED apart choppers. Just make sure not to go solo in a tank.  You should know already how well a FAV tears up a Cobra that doesnt know where the fire is coming from.

I am betting that the incresed "LOCK" ability the are giving to AA missiles will probably apply to the Air to Air Missiles on jets as well, so better dogfiginting.  None of this "I fired 6 Sidewinder missiles, and landed 3 but your still flying BS"

I am bettering that LMG accuracy is going up, is completely unrealistic right now.

Sniper accuracy I am betting will be moreso point and shoot than they are right now. Maybe better recoil on those BB guns they call the semiauto sniper rifles, for better followup shots that will actually land within the scope FOV.

Better G3 accuracy is welcome.  The .308 winchester that the G3 fires is capable of much greater accuracy than the game portrays.  I fired an HK91 last week (semiauto US import G3)  an I hit soda cans at 100m with iron sights, no sweat.  In BF2 id be lucky to hit a prone target on top of the "Square" Tower at Karkand, id be better off with a pistol.

The L85 for some reson I can't snipe with, but I get killed with a lot. So I use the G36E.  Maybe ill change my mind now. 

As far as running and tossing explosives, I dont really care if that is kept or lost.  Realistically, you are not going to chuck C4, or a claymore, who knows what will happen to the fuse, timer or wiring witht hat type of abuse.

Jumping and knifing, the same thoughts as explosives. Being able to still jump would mean pansy jumping knife fights.  Hardcore would be two combatants face to face on their feet and the winner being the one to succesfully dodge a blow and return one to their opponent.  All the knife fights I have had so far and recorded with fraps are me dodging by walking and knifing some guys shin because he is busy slapping the space bar the whole time. Quite lame for a knife fight.

I mean we can't sprint and shoot, so no real loss by not being able to jump and shoot.  Save us those headaches from bunnyhoppers.

Seriously though,  If you have ever played airsoft or any other larger scale tactical game,  You will quickly find out that you really cant do alot of the stuff you do in BF2 in a real battle (well realistic in the sense of airsoft except for range of rifles being only 100m)

I mean in game you get a vertical a high jumper would be proud of with all that gear on.  And then to go prone whilst 5 feet in the air.  I'd like to see anyone here lie down on their dinner table (only 3 feet up)  and then fall off onto their stomach flat, and shatter your guts.  I mean this isn't a Hardcore sim, but it is a Milsim with focus on more realistic gameplay than Quake or at least CS I hope.

my $.02

Last edited by Operator_Stavros (2005-12-13 15:11:51)

slidero

Lawk wrote:

slidero wrote:

How long does it take your own extremely successful and huge gaming software company to distribute its changes and revisions?

Yeah, so, STFU.
Huh?  Did you buy this game at release or what?  People have been complaining about EVERYTHING that they say they're going to patch for half a year.

Edit: Well bf2s says you regged September 26, so I guess not!

Last edited by slidero (2005-12-13 15:08:00)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6826
you guys know that you can still do the bunny hop - instaprone stuff, right? i'd bet people will be whining about that after this patch came out.

'omgz you can't land and go prone immediately, that's makes it hard for me to shoot you! DICE plz implement 5 secnd delay for proning!!111one'
RKF77
+1|6757

zimmer92 wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Uh, no.  Try again.
then who???
Lt. Colonels and Colonels alike command "from the ground" all the time.

Last edited by RKF77 (2005-12-13 15:11:45)

Lawk
+2|6780

slidero wrote:

Lawk wrote:

slidero wrote:

Yeah, so, STFU.
Huh?  Did you buy this game at release or what?  People have been complaining about EVERYTHING that they say they're going to patch for half a year.

Damn, sorry man I should've made my question more clear and easier for you to understand.  See, I was asking how long it usually takes YOUR gaming software company to release changes and revisions.  I thought you were complaining about how long it took EA to get this patch out because you were the authority on software development.  But, I guess since you dont run a software development company, you really dont know jack shit about it.

Well then, I love it when I answer my own question.
Lawk
+2|6780

Krappyappy wrote:

you guys know that you can still do the bunny hop - instaprone stuff, right? i'd bet people will be whining about that after this patch came out.

'omgz you can't land and go prone immediately, that's makes it hard for me to shoot you! DICE plz implement 5 secnd delay for proning!!111one'
I think the point is mainly that people wont be able to shoot while jumping.  If you have ever shot a gun before, you know that it would be extremely difficult to be accurate while in mid-air.  As for insta-prone, yeah, it doesn't really bother me because I usually only go prone when I am at mid-long distance.

Much better to kneel at close range.

Last edited by Lawk (2005-12-13 15:18:33)

slidero

Lawk wrote:

slidero wrote:

Lawk wrote:

Yeah, so, STFU.

Damn, sorry man I should've made my question more clear and easier for you to understand.  See, I was asking how long it usually takes YOUR gaming software company to release changes and revisions.  I thought you were complaining about how long it took EA to get this patch out because you were the authority on software development.  But, I guess since you dont run a software development company, you really dont know jack shit about it.

Well then, I love it when I answer my own question.
I still don't see what you're trying to argue here.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
I honestly can't belive out of all of those, everyone puts bunny hopping at a higher 'hate this, fix it' than the fucking n00b tube.

You people disapoint me again, do you realize how easy it is to shoot a bunny hopper? Time your fucking shots, it's called skill. Ever hear of it? But grenade launchers...? Those are a bit hard to deal with provided you don't die when you get hit with it. If they miss, sure you kill 'em, but 90% of my time I've been 1 shot with those things.

I'm 50/50 on the no shoot thing, I don't think I really shoot when I jump, though it would suck to not be able to toss med packs and shit over a fense to a buddy instead of running all the way around.

Now if they made it so you can't jump and throw C4, that would really be sweet. I'm sick and tired of C4 WHORES and noob tubers alike. Fuck, I bunny hop to avoid that shit, and thats it.

So fuck all you C4/Grenade Launching whores, I hope they gimp you out the ass.

5 stars for the shock paddles, I constantly find my self recharching them before I switch my weapon after a revive.

But in whole, this sounds like another way to screw up the core of BF2 just to shut everyone up instead of a real hard look at how they could really fix the game without any noticable changes for legit players.
RKF77
+1|6757

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I honestly can't belive out of all of those, everyone puts bunny hopping at a higher 'hate this, fix it' than the fucking n00b tube.

But grenade launchers...? Those are a bit hard to deal with provided you don't die when you get hit with it. If they miss, sure you kill 'em, but 90% of my time I've been 1 shot with those things.
How would you suggest they "fix" them? 
Lawk
+2|6780

slidero wrote:

I still don't see what you're trying to argue here.
Six months is not a long time.  Did you play BF1942?  I started playing it about a year after it was released and they continued to release patches and fixes throughout the entire duration, even up to and past the next releases in the series.  I am not so sure you understand what goes into these games on a development basis.  Anyhow, if you plan on playing this game for a while, expect many more patches to come out over the next few years.

It reminds me of when people complain about long time requirments for badges and medals.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard