eagles1106
+269|6574|Marlton, New Jersey.
How has this not been posted here.  Unless I just blow at searching.  Im posting this in this section because to me its a serious matter.  I saw it on the history channel a year or so back.  Very interesting.  Odds of getting the results by chance were calculated at 1 in 4 million.   The program is a lot longer then the video im posting.  Theyve found things in it that predict the future.  Dont go flaming me, because I dont necessarily believe in it.  Its just interesting.  If you get a chance, buy it from historychannel.com or find out when the history channel next plays it.  Its very interesting.
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MbLp18GgQKQ

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-14 19:02:36)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6395|North Carolina
Considering the Bible's earliest chapters were handed down through an oral tradition, I really doubt this is anything other than a fascinating coincidence.

Good post, nonetheless....

Last edited by Turquoise (2006-10-14 18:51:41)

eagles1106
Indeed fascinating, 1 in 4 million of it being chance
They converted it into english though so it could be read.  In its native language the same grids appear.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6665|Canberra, AUS

Turquoise wrote:

Considering the Bible was not originally written in English and its earliest chapters were handed down through an oral tradition, I really doubt this is anything other than a fascinating coincidence.

That's what I thought, I've seen many armageddon-end-of-the-world-sites which claim 'OMG111! LOOK!!! IT SAYS BUSH HERE AND NEXT TO THAT IT SAYS NUCLEAR WAR!!!!'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada

eagles1106 wrote:

They converted it into english though so it could be read.  In its native language the same grids appear.
I made a note of the language factor by editing my post.  I suppose that narrows it down to the oral factor.
eagles1106
Not that Im with the whole idea or believe in it but.  Its not just like its ONE site.  Tons of people research this (experts and top notch researchers) and believe it.  Not to mention big name tv stations like the history channel broadcasted it.  I mean, you didnt see that eon8 incident become widespread in the real world through the media and other things.  This is a big thing to some people.  And its not just 2 words all the time.  Some sequences have more then 6 relating words found very close together...

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-14 18:56:57)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6634

interesting indeed. now they just need to break the code and predict the future
velocitychaos
+26|6487|Brisbane Australia
I think that some people will see what they want to see so as to justify and support the beliefs that make up their reality.
eagles1106

Omnideath wrote:

interesting indeed. now they just need to break the code and predict the future
They have already.  Now I saw this a while ago so I cant remember everything word for word but there was one thing that predicted world war 3 and what caused it/ the events leading up to it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6697|67.222.138.85
That's very weird, though one could say you could find lots of random things in random books with random codes.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6436|The Land of Scott Walker
I find it fascinating that people are more willing to trust codes they believe are throughout the Bible than the Bible itself. If these codes are so accurate then why aren't we predicting the future with them?
eagles1106

Stingray24 wrote:

If these codes are so accurate then why aren't we predicting the future with them?
Its just been recently discovered and hasnt been around for a while, not to mention that when you predict, that time period must pass to see if your correct or not

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-14 19:06:17)

JaMDuDe
+69|6768

eagles1106 wrote:

No atheist cares about odds. If they used common sense with odds they wouldnt be atheists.
eagles1106
Im confused by that comment.  However, for the record.  I am a catholic christian and many people from different places with different religions study the code and follow/believe it.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-10-14 19:11:36)

Turquoise
O Canada

JaMDuDe wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

No atheist cares about odds. If they used common sense with odds they wouldnt be atheists.
I would argue common sense leads one to agnosticism.  No one can verify or disprove the existence of a god or gods.  It is simply not within the realm of human comprehension, and therefore, a moot point.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6542|UK
I saw a program on this a while ago, may have been the same one. There was a world leading Jewish mathematician that had calculated the probability of the phrases being just co-incidence as extremely low. When his work was further scrutinised and tested the results came out as about the same as you would get by chance. He also declined to comment for the program.

Also an independant scientist ran the program that searches for phrases on the novel "Moby Dick" and came up with a number of equally astounding predictions. One about Princess Diana's death springs to mind.

I reckon if you ran the pogram on all the threads in this forum it *might* find something that is in some way related to reality, thus proving that the whole theory is a load of cobblers ;-)
JaMDuDe
+69|6768

Turquoise wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

I would argue common sense leads one to agnosticism.  No one can verify or disprove the existence of a god or gods.  It is simply not within the realm of human comprehension, and therefore, a moot point.
Thats why God inspired his own book, because it is beyond human comprehension alone. But of course you can argue against every single sentence in the bible until youve asked more questions than there are answers. Following agnosticism or christianity is a personal decision and not one that is answered by common sense.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-10-14 19:41:15)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
This seems kinda weird. I think that it is best not to think to much about all of this stuff (why we are here), because we just can't answer our questions. Until someone builds a time machine, I think we better just live life and dont worry about why we live life.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6516|South Florida
Meh. There's stuff like that, people go crazy over it. The fact is, if you have enough random letters then you will eventually get words. Like the old saying

"If you put 1 million monkeys infront of a typewriter, eventually they will write shakespear"
15 more years! 15 more years!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6436|The Land of Scott Walker

eagles1106 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

If these codes are so accurate then why aren't we predicting the future with them?
Its just been recently discovered and hasnt been around for a while, not to mention that when you predict, that time period must pass to see if your correct or not
There lies the problem.  They have yet to predict anything before it happens with the code.  Until then, one big word search puzzle.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6699|Wilmington, DE, US
Fuck the Bible codes. Considering how many languages the Bible's been translated into, I doubt that hypothetical GOD made the codes so once translated from Hebrew to Greek to the one true white Christian language of English that then and only then would they make sense.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6696
The problem is that they never know what to look for until after the event has happend.
Capt. Foley
+155|6578|Allentown, PA, USA

Spark wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Considering the Bible was not originally written in English and its earliest chapters were handed down through an oral tradition, I really doubt this is anything other than a fascinating coincidence.

That's what I thought, I've seen many armageddon-end-of-the-world-sites which claim 'OMG111! LOOK!!! IT SAYS BUSH HERE AND NEXT TO THAT IT SAYS NUCLEAR WAR!!!!'
Its impossible, I am a semi religious Catholic but I still belive In science and proof first. I dont belive in any of that devine creation type bs. Darwin ftw.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6519|Global Command

Turquoise wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Brilliant.
eagles1106

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Meh. There's stuff like that, people go crazy over it. The fact is, if you have enough random letters then you will eventually get words. Like the old saying

"If you put 1 million monkeys infront of a typewriter, eventually they will write shakespear"
They're not random, they're taken from the bible.  In this case dont use the word eventually or million.  They used a computer to find these words in each grid.  You can find a sequence of relating words together with a computer in a short period of time.  Using the monkey saying is a bad example.

And to the other people.  They have found grids that predict the future.  Like one about WW3 and the events leading up to it.  There was also one about a meteor hitting and blowing up earth

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard