Volatile
+252|6742|Sextupling in Empire

Alright, I know there are probably a good number of you that are willing to put in some crazy hours the first week to secure your place in the global score top ten. Well, how much are you plannin to play the first week?

If only I didn't have to work.

Also, could we keep the "rank is ghey and not an indicator of skill" posts to a minimum.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6618|England

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Alright, I know there are probably a good number of you that are willing to put in some crazy hours the first week to secure your place in the global score top ten. Well, how much are you plannin to play the first week?

Also, could we keep the "rank is ghey and not an indicator of skill" posts to a minimum.
ZOMG why post then if you know rank is no indicator of skill ?? as in bf2 some people have a high rank due to the amount of time they can put into a game it doesnt mean as we all know that they are skillful .

bf2142 is even more teambased then bf2 so players really do have to work 2gether to get points quick .

Skillful imho is a player who :-

can master and own all classes and vechiles

can lead a squad/team to win a round

can take out a whole squad by himself

But seriously i would only say 40% in the top 20 in bf2 have any real skill the rest just have huge amount of time played.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6506
I will be in the top ten for a few hours. That's because:

• I will play it all the time I can
  • I always have the highest spm of all the guys on the server
  • I will only play titan for the first while
  • I will get all the awards I can
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6594|Kent, UK

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

• i always double post
  • i always double post
  • i always double postand finally
  • i always double post
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6780|London

Knight`UK wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

ZOMG why post then if you know rank is no indicator of skill ?? as in bf2 some people have a high rank due to the amount of time they can put into a game it doesnt mean as we all know that they are skillful .

bf2142 is even more teambased then bf2 so players really do have to work 2gether to get points quick .

But seriously i would only say 40% in the top 20 in bf2 have any real skill the rest just have huge amount of time played.
You didn't even answer his question... did you even read it? or just pick out a few words at random and start arguing about something that isn't being asked?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6656|inside the recesses of your...

[#]I always have the highest spm of all the guys on the server
Which server?  I'd like to come play with you so that *** I *** can have the highest SPM on the server.....

I mean, you have like 9 top enemies against only 3 top victims?  A KD BARELY over 1?

Do you play on an all-NOOB server or something???

Last edited by URE_DED (2006-10-13 07:36:38)

Zefar
+116|6687|Sweden
I'm not gonna spend hours on getting to top rank, but rather have fun isntead.

Also having high rank do mean that you are good. Just look at some of the top people in BF2. I'm sure they are damn good normally if they have played for 1000+ hours because that DO give some kind of experience with BF2 or any other game.
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6508|Wigan---Manchester---UK---

Knight`UK wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

True!!!!
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6618|England

Dauntless wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

You didn't even answer his question... did you even read it? or just pick out a few words at random and start arguing about something that isn't being asked?
And you answered it yourself ???

Iam not planning to play it alot in the first week ,there that answer your quetion you picky fucker
uberdoc
+3|6454|California
BF2142 is a little different from BF2 in terms of skill/points. You will score faster if you are skilled because BF2142 gives you bonus points for kill streaks (IAR) and other stuff that you do during one round.
How much will I play? I think all my free time on workdays and 24/7 on weekends during first week. (and 2nd probably)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6506

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

• i always double post
  • i always double post
  • i always double post
What the hell are you talking about?

Did I fall victim to the double post glitch?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6780|London

Knight`UK wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

And you answered it yourself ???

Iam not planning to play it alot in the first week ,there that answer your quetion you picky fucker

I didn't answer it because I'm not gonna get it. (But I'm not gonna open up that barrel of worms)
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
-GR33NS-
+10|6538|KILLA KALI

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

• i always double post
  • i always double post
  • i always double post
Master*
Banned
+416|6532|United States
i plan on doing what i did in the demo and in Bf2, getting alot of points
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6743|Antarctica
I'm not gonna bother with getting in the top 10 for 2142... the game isn't that great for the amount of hours it will take.
Rogue_granny
+22|6603
I am so with you there can't see the same enjoyment as BF2
dstock9
+13|6642
Really, who cares about top 10? Most of those guys are no-lifers who have nothing going but what they believe is a huge e-penis because they show up on ranking boards. I'm going to play a lot the first month, as is probably everybody else excited about this game. I'm not going to waste my life and let my grades suffer because of it, however. The only reason I want to rank up quickly in this game is because I like being well-rounded, and it's going to take awhile to get there. You can't always count on your squad to have the equipment that you need, and I want to be able to stand up and swap out and help my team win. I'm a team player, not a point whore, and this game is going to make me prove it.

Edit: ended a question with a period...

Last edited by dstock9 (2006-10-13 11:11:55)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6628|Your attic
You'll see me in the top (how ironic) 10 for the first week or so, it'll be fun.
Bizkid79
+1|6663|Netherlands

Knight`UK wrote:

LOL, does attilirie count?

But then again, who cares about a top 10 or top 20 ranking. That has nothing to do with skills or something... Most players in the recent top 10 or top 20 are more lucky to succeed with a stupid plan then skilled.
Most players in the top 10 or top 20 (in my opinion) are just a bunch of guys and/or girls, who have no sence or need to go out doors to meet some friends or something, stay up late (or should i say early) to "whoop ass" some korean people, go to bed for a few hours and than start all over again.

It's just a game to have fun and learn to work together to accomplice a winning, nothing more nothing less in my opinion... It's not that i ONLY play for my stats or something, i also play to fill up the dull hours i might waste on watching a few stupid reruns on TV or because i just feel like the need to abuse some pixels on my PC...

Last edited by Bizkid79 (2006-10-13 12:06:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard