IRONCHEF
+385|6503|Northern California

Kmarion wrote:

Bush said today that the US would not attack NK. At first I thought what the hell why would he say that and take that option off the table. I then realized NK's only defense is that they feel threatened by the US so if we publicly say that it makes him look more like a madman.
Yep, this is the topic of the NUCLEAR HYPOCRACY thread in this forum if you wish to chime in there.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656

samhornby wrote:

Fuck.

Edit (by that I mean im going to be on a Ship soon enough with the rest of the Royal Navy, wonder if im going to get involved.)

This just keeps getting worse and worse..lil kim really is a mainiac
everybody is gonna get involved.  you cant shy the world population away from a nuclear conflict.  but damn this shit bad.  war with N.Korea is like the worst case scenario for anyone.  the NK's could hold their own, for a while at least.  and war in the north will not go smoothly for anyone.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6643|USA

IRONCHEF wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

But the problem is that nuclear weapons are being put into the hands of a madman.
Again (from another thread), who knows if he's a madman?  I saw the same discovery channel/cnn/msnbc/john stewart satire/ shows that make fun of him and say he wears pumps, loves US movies (who doesn't), and that he is a crazy short man.  But I've not seen anything credible that was not US propaganda.  Bush named him part of the axis of evil, then all of a sudden, all the reports of him being psycho come out of the woodwork.

He may be crazy, but I'd highly doubt my US media would be the ones telling us.  I'd trust a defector who actually knew first hand if he was..but i haven't seen any of those interviews.

Anyway, not arguing, just questioning your claim honestly.
his closest and pretty much only ally, china even said, hey uhh kim jong, do you mind not blowing up the thermo nuclear devices? I think to go against big red is a big mistake even for DPRK.  I think the only thing that can describe him is madman.
IRONCHEF
Well, i know if i were king of a people, and they were forced to love me and obey my every word, i'd get a pretty big head (and he has one, literally..it's like sputnik on a toothpick) and get enboldened.  I mean, what if you pulled off making a genuine 'nookular' bomb?? Holy cow you'd be cocky.  So yes, in this sense, he's a madman.  But "hitler-esque" madmanish???  That may be questionable.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Time will tell.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6624|balls
so nk has admitted to having wmd's, but we do nothing? but iraq "supposedly" had them and we started a war?  so when do we invade?  when i was 18, i spent a year in s. korea (active army) and if someone sneezed wrong we would go on alert status.  i cant imagine what us and sk forces are doing right now.  it sucks man.  lots of civilians, cities, mountains.  and it gets friggin cold over there not to mention monsoon season in the spring.  horrible conditions.  hope theres a way to deal with this without war.  can you imagine a war in sk and iraq at the same time?  iran would want in the mix next.  our soldiers are already getting 2 + tours in iraq, just not enough to go around.  morale would be devastated.  don't think there would be any national guard, reserves, that werent "active".  i hope to hell this doesn't escalate.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

Kmarion wrote:

Time will tell.
They say time is the fire we all burn in.
IRONCHEF
Oh, the soldiers on that DMZ line are tense.  I read today how NK soldiers have been spitting on people, gesturing that they're dead (cutting throat gesture), and the like.  But that could have been happening for years.

As for US forces, surely we've got a good 500k soldiers who can be called up if needed.  It's not like we have the bulk of our forces in the middle east anyway.  Do we not have 1 million military personnel at least?
rootbeer73
+24|6597|in a small dark place

millhous wrote:

Let's Do This!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping i get recalled back into service for this.
and u wil last real long when a nuke lands on your head
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6486|Belgium

Kmarion wrote:

Imagine if you lived in NK and your govt. was taking the actions and saying what they are.

Have you ever been playing in BF2 and been in a full vodnick as a passenger? It's kinda like the driver is headed right into an arty strike. Expect these passangers can't bail out.
Wow*admires ure intelligence for comparing a world conflict too bf2*+1
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656

rootbeer73 wrote:

millhous wrote:

Let's Do This!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping i get recalled back into service for this.
and u wil last real long when a nuke lands on your head
oh yeah, because the military is the only group of people that will get effected by a nuclear blast...sarcasm
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

I See a multiple of outcomes of this situation. And since Jong Il is a fucking looney, that gives even more concern.

1. Embargos, harsh ones, the country gets even poorer, perhaps a civil war.
2. Talks actually work, some amount of reasonable deal pops up.
3. The shit hits the fan. NK launches something at another country, 16 nations pony up and bring the heat.
herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus
any attack on north Korea will lead to massive loss of life. They have chemical and biological weapons, and they are crazy inuff to use them.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Imagine if you lived in NK and your govt. was taking the actions and saying what they are.

Have you ever been playing in BF2 and been in a full vodnick as a passenger? It's kinda like the driver is headed right into an arty strike. Expect these passangers can't bail out.
Wow*admires ure intelligence for comparing a world conflict too bf2*+1
lol,
Xbone Stormsurgezz
James-m
+28|6561|England

alpinestar wrote:

Death wish ?
fucking too right mate.... north korea would get a absolute flattening on a huge scale.... they wouldnt stand a chance....i wonder if they would be cowards and hide in miles of tunnels?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6609|Seattle

There would be no need to nuke such a tiny little country. Carpet bombs would do the trick.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Cruise missiles would be used but China will handle this first hopefully.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6593|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Further pressure will be countered with physical retaliation, the North’s Foreign Ministry warned in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.
“If the U.S. keeps pestering us and increases pressure, we will regard it as a declaration of war and will take a series of physical corresponding measures,” the statement said, without specifying what those measures could be.
Interesting. I don't know how North Korea can regard anything as a declaration of war by the US, since they are already at war.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6707|Mountains of West Virginia
IRONCHEF

First you say,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

But the problem is that nuclear weapons are being put into the hands of a madman.
Again (from another thread), who knows if he's a madman?  I saw the same discovery channel/cnn/msnbc/john stewart satire/ shows that make fun of him and say he wears pumps, loves US movies (who doesn't), and that he is a crazy short man.  But I've not seen anything credible that was not US propaganda.  Bush named him part of the axis of evil, then all of a sudden, all the reports of him being psycho come out of the woodwork.

He may be crazy, but I'd highly doubt my US media would be the ones telling us.  I'd trust a defector who actually knew first hand if he was..but i haven't seen any of those interviews.

Followed by,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Well, i know if i were king of a people, and they were forced to love me and obey my every word, i'd get a pretty big head (and he has one, literally..it's like sputnik on a toothpick) and get enboldened.  I mean, what if you pulled off making a genuine 'nookular' bomb?? Holy cow you'd be cocky.  So yes, in this sense, he's a madman.  But "hitler-esque" madmanish???  That may be questionable.
Now normally I agree with your posts. But, what is exactly your stance? Do you see him as a threat or not? And to that effect, madman or not?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6658

Snipedya14 wrote:

IRONCHEF

First you say,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Followed by,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Now normally I agree with your posts. But, what is exactly your stance? Do you see him as a threat or not? And to that effect, madman or not?
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6464|Bradford UK
send daddy over in his j-10 i'll sort it!!
IRONCHEF

Snipedya14 wrote:

IRONCHEF

First you say,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Followed by,

IRONCHEF wrote:

Well, rereading those quotes, I'd say I've given my stance that I haven't learned of myself that he is a madman the way he's portrayed, but he's got problems with power.  I think someone needs to define madman.  I know that'd clear up any issues you're mismatching with my posts.

Is he a threat?  Well, I've heard he has nukes (though not confirmed by our govenment), he hates us, and today he threatened to attack us if we sanction him.  Some are saying he's bluffing and I don't think we should play around with that kind of bluff (i think he's serious).  If what i've heard is true, that he has nukes and that he'll sell them to other nations or groups (likely those that don't like us), and if he's really backed into a corner based on our aggression towards his country (who has not attacked our country or killed a US citizen here), then yes, *something* should be done.  I believe in this thread or the other one, I said it's all up to China to solve the problem since they are the only ones who can do anything that will make Il change his direction.

Is this the stance you're looking for?  Hope this helps.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
im pretty sure every country around NK has missles like patriot missles which shoot down ICBM's, there not 100% effective though. Im sure that if NK lauches anything the rest of the world will bomb them back to the stone age.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6593|SE London

IRONCHEF wrote:

I think someone needs to define madman.
Madman.

Man who is mad.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6707|Mountains of West Virginia

IRONCHEF wrote:

*something* should be done.
If china keeps its current action of apathy, do you suggest that the UN step in?  I personally think the UN is a bureaucratic nightmare but it is basically the only viable option.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Is this the stance you're looking for?
Yep.

I know this seems like a interagation, but I like having a actual disscussion rather than a flame.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard