IRONCHEF
+385|6526|Northern California
pollux = liar, coward, but witty nonetheless.  keep up the good unwork!

Oh yeah, if you ahdn't seen it already Pollux, I'm posting some good moral idealogies on the premarital sex poll thread!  Yeah, could use your charming posts there too.  Topol has already shown his best input there too!

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-10-10 11:03:19)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6686|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You have shown a remarkable lack of understanding of the limits and details of the OP. Did I say Americans weren't capable of finding information themselves? No. Did I say America was unaware of what goes on in the outside world? No (although a lot are but that's not not propaganda, that's ignorance). Some people are SOOOoooo sensitive. I'm talking about the dregs of society in any country, those who have votes and are bleating drones who lap up all of the slanted crap that oozes out of their televisions. If you think the media is propaganda-free then you are really should lump yourself in with said dregs.
well to coin your tactic...............Did I say the media was propaganda free??

your post, once again, smacks of America bashing. If you intended it to do so, one can only guess.
OMG more senitivity. America bash this, America bash that. What is it you guys have against people exercising free speech? Does it really bother you THAT much? Really? I can take criticism about Ireland all fucking day long and not have to comment on people 'Ireland bashing', heaven knows there's plenty to criticize (our taoiseach at the end of WWII sent a letter of condolence to Germany on the death of Hitler for instance). And yet another poster uses a term that insinuates I hate America, which is simply not true. America is not ONE single solitary entity or concept. No country is. It has a near infinite number of aspects, some good and some bad.

PS Notice the use of the word 'if' in my last post.
I am not overly sensitive about what you say about America, really, I couldn't care less. The fact is though, that is exactly how you come off in most of your posts. That isn't a criticism it is an observation.

You were "talking about the dregs of society in any country"???? I am sorry, it musta been the title of the thread, "AMERICAN MEDIA" that musta confused me. Nice back peddle though

Last edited by lowing (2006-10-10 18:16:19)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6562|Portland, OR USA
in CamPoe's defense his M.O. is to point out issues with American institutions rather than with Americans as individuals.  While I don't always agree with him - his arguements are always well founded and supported by some manner of legitimate source when appropriate.

Real bottom line - any citizen from any nation wanting as unbias an approach to news as possible needs to educate themselves and consider multiple sources from intentionally opposing perspectives.  The problem is people expect to be spoon fed and take no onus of responsibility or accountability on themselves.  "Well, <insert news agency here> said it, so it has to be the straight truth.  Nevermind the bold faced words and such unalarming and diffusing terminology such as dire situation, impending doom, global terror and maybe a catastrphic failure or two."  Yeah, good luck with that.

To no one in particular - be educated, think for yourself, don't rely on someone or something else to provide you with information adgenda free.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6807|PNW

As to your opening post, welcome to American media, Cameron. To answer your questions:

1. Can't exactly restrict free speech about politics, but we should restrict the publishing of election results until the election is over, to avoid the inevitable "OMG everyone's voting for this guy, I'd better hop on the bandwagon" listeners (or the "uh-oh, we'd better find a way to stall so we can discover some missing ballots" slickmeisters).

2. I got sick of TV in the Reagan administration, and my family shut it off in the HWBush administration. I've never really wanted it back.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-10 17:51:48)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6584|Southeastern USA
the problem is that there are hardly any reporters anymore, when i was in college, all the journalist majors kept droning on and on about wanting to "change the world" and were constantly talking about showing people how they see things, sorry, but that's editorialism (is that even a word?), if you're going to report, fucking report on both sides of the damn issue and keep your opinion out of it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6807|PNW

kr@cker wrote:

the problem is that there are hardly any reporters anymore, when i was in college, all the journalist majors kept droning on and on about wanting to "change the world" and were constantly talking about showing people how they see things, sorry, but that's editorialism (is that even a word?), if you're going to report, fucking report on both sides of the damn issue and keep your opinion out of it
I find it interesting that talk radio and blogs have been under attack as "invalid sources of political opinion," as if FOX or CNN are the only ones that have it right.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6686|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

I find it interesting that talk radio and blogs have been under attack as "invalid sources of political opinion," as if FOX or CNN are the only ones that have it right.
Liberals are the ones attacking talk radio for no other reason than they are not represented like the conservatives are...............uhhhhhhhhhhh I offer up "comedian" Al Franken aka Stuart Smally and Air America as the perfect example.

I didn't know blogs were under attack.....by who??
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6636|132 and Bush

PS Are intelligent Americans not sick of it?
"Believe none of what you read and half of what you see" .
You have to take things for what they are and use judgment and be weary of the outlets that go off the deep end. We have many different options and types media to get our info on both sides of the scale. Believe it or not there are good relieable sources out there. AP comes to mind but yes they even slant at times.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6799|Dallas

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

oug wrote:

I would understand you not reading through Cams posts if he were type 1. But since its type 2, deep down you know it... The reason you don't take the time to read them through is because you have nothing to say.
owned.  and true.  i don't get much from pollux either..just a lot of nothing..even when i sincerely beg for substance.
The last time you "begged for substance" you asked me to supply evidence proving evolution.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Oh, and I'd love for you to cite some of the "science" that proves evolution.  Then I'd love for you to tackle the truth that scientist are just dumb, slow, vain men and women trying to discover how God created things, seasons, time and space.  They get it now and then, but mostly they are dealing with adversaries beyond their understanding.
How can you say something like that and still try to come off as someone who has any clue what they're talking about?

oug wrote:

LoL!! It's that feeling when you're reading a post that's completely opposite to your view of things... you just don't know where to start, what to address first, how to disagree etc...

There's two kinds of people though in these forums:
1) trolls that post 2 lines tops just flaming and calling names, and
2) people like Cameron who take the time to explain and create a background of their views (which may seem extreme to some, but at least they're elaborated).

I would understand you not reading through Cams posts if he were type 1. But since its type 2, deep down you know it... The reason you don't take the time to read them through is because you have nothing to say.
http://b3ta.hnldesign.nl/beta192.gif

I agree with more things CameronPoe says than I disagree with. Even if I disagree with him, he still makes and supports a thought-out point, unlike the IRONCHEFs, PRiMACORDs, and jonsimons of this forum. What I'm saying is that the same threads keep popping up over and over again and deteriorate into the same pro-America vs anti-America squabbling. Without even fully reading the topic, I knew what he was going to say. Going a little off topic here, I often wonder how many times you guys can make the same threads about Bush, Israel, and American involvement in Iraq, and argue the same things every time without getting sick of it. Even the North Korea nuke thread somehow got sidetracked into an anti-Israel argument.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Oh yeah, if you ahdn't seen it already Pollux, I'm posting some good moral idealogies on the premarital sex poll thread!  Yeah, could use your charming posts there too.  Topol has already shown his best input there too!
You fucking idiots.  This is why I can't stand to stay in Debate and Serious Talk more than 20 minutes at a time.  Let me clear a few things up before I reply to Cameron.

Debate:  1 Person states an idea, point of view or conclusion of an event and gives reasons and/or evidence that supports his point of view or arguement.  Next person comes along and disagrees and gives his reasons and/or evidence to support his point of view and/or arguement.  So on and so forth.  No final conclusion is made, but rather it is up to the reader to make up his own mind based on the evidence and reasons for each debators particular side.

Serious Talk: Speaking with maturity, reason and purpose.  NOT by emotion, personal intrests or "what you think", because YOU are not always right, whether you want to beleive that or not.

What this, and most threads here, actually are, is schoolyard bickering by biased, immature and ignorant punks.

To Cameron,

Yes, you are correct.  The American media has become increasingly biased to an alarming rate.  This is mainly because most media outlets are no longer independent news sources but rather sub-corporations owned by larger corparations who have a vested intrest in the U.S. political scene.  To support this idea, I will make a new thread (it will be rather lengthy) and post the link to that thread here so you all may see it.

I'm rather tired of the media debate.  I plan to end it once and for all.
GeneralDodo
+5|6730
I spent time in the real Cuba, not some fake ass hotel. I hope you know that Cuba is not some paradise, as Fidel wants to make it seem to the people that do visit Cuba. 9 days, no air conditioner, had to buy bottled water everyday because you cant drink water out of the faucet. The food wasn't half bad though. Cuba's own news and media is incredibly corrupted. U.S. media is corrupted because of all the liberals. The End.

Last edited by GeneralDodo (2006-10-10 20:11:33)

Reciprocity
+721|6616|the dank(super) side of Oregon

DesertFox423 wrote:

They attack the president in our news agencies, too. What are you complaining about? That is, after all, what you want.

However an interesting slant in the original post with "Are intelligent Americans not sick of it?" thereby calling anyone who watches an American news agency stupid, in essence.
the vast majority of Americans are stupid.  they're a nice combination of a robot who requires daily updated via FOX "news", and a type of lemming who instead of running, en mass, off of cliffs, congregate in and thereby proliferate Walmarts.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6686|USA

Cougar wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

owned.  and true.  i don't get much from pollux either..just a lot of nothing..even when i sincerely beg for substance.
The last time you "begged for substance" you asked me to supply evidence proving evolution.

IRONCHEF wrote:

Oh, and I'd love for you to cite some of the "science" that proves evolution.  Then I'd love for you to tackle the truth that scientist are just dumb, slow, vain men and women trying to discover how God created things, seasons, time and space.  They get it now and then, but mostly they are dealing with adversaries beyond their understanding.
How can you say something like that and still try to come off as someone who has any clue what they're talking about?

oug wrote:

LoL!! It's that feeling when you're reading a post that's completely opposite to your view of things... you just don't know where to start, what to address first, how to disagree etc...

There's two kinds of people though in these forums:
1) trolls that post 2 lines tops just flaming and calling names, and
2) people like Cameron who take the time to explain and create a background of their views (which may seem extreme to some, but at least they're elaborated).

I agree with more things CameronPoe says than I disagree with. Even if I disagree with him, he still makes and supports a thought-out point, unlike the IRONCHEFs, PRiMACORDs, and jonsimons of this forum. What I'm saying is that the same threads keep popping up over and over again and deteriorate into the same pro-America vs anti-America squabbling. Without even fully reading the topic, I knew what he was going to say. Going a little off topic here, I often wonder how many times you guys can make the same threads about Bush, Israel, and American involvement in Iraq, and argue the same things every time without getting sick of it. Even the North Korea nuke thread somehow got sidetracked into an anti-Israel argument.

IRONCHEF wrote:

You fucking idiots.  This is why I can't stand to stay in Debate and Serious Talk more than 20 minutes at a time.  Let me clear a few things up before I reply to Cameron.

Debate:  1 Person states an idea, point of view or conclusion of an event and gives reasons and/or evidence that supports his point of view or arguement.  Next person comes along and disagrees and gives his reasons and/or evidence to support his point of view and/or arguement.  So on and so forth.  No final conclusion is made, but rather it is up to the reader to make up his own mind based on the evidence and reasons for each debators particular side.

Serious Talk: Speaking with maturity, reason and purpose.  NOT by emotion, personal intrests or "what you think", because YOU are not always right, whether you want to beleive that or not.

What this, and most threads here, actually are, is schoolyard bickering by biased, immature and ignorant punks.

To Cameron,

Yes, you are correct.  The American media has become increasingly biased to an alarming rate.  This is mainly because most media outlets are no longer independent news sources but rather sub-corporations owned by larger corparations who have a vested intrest in the U.S. political scene.  To support this idea, I will make a new thread (it will be rather lengthy) and post the link to that thread here so you all may see it.

I love the "You fucking idiots" opener, to how you should conduct yourself in a debate forum. So how is life on the mountain Cougar??
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6799|Dallas

lowing wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

To Cameron,

I love the "You fucking idiots" opener, to how you should conduct yourself in a debate forum. So how is life on the mountain Cougar??
Life on the Mountain is good.

Also, thread is up now: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=48050
CameronPoe
+2,925|6590

GeneralDodo wrote:

I spent time in the real Cuba, not some fake ass hotel. I hope you know that Cuba is not some paradise, as Fidel wants to make it seem to the people that do visit Cuba. 9 days, no air conditioner, had to buy bottled water everyday because you cant drink water out of the faucet. The food wasn't half bad though. Cuba's own news and media is incredibly corrupted. U.S. media is corrupted because of all the liberals. The End.
I spent 4 of the 14 days in a hotel. I am a seasoned holidaymaker who likes to get his hands dirty and doesn't just sit on a beach. Having to buy bottled water is not some excruciating cross to bear buddy. There is a post from me re Cuban media IN THIS THREAD.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6744|Wilmington, DE, US

CameronPoe wrote:

GeneralDodo wrote:

I spent 4 of the 14 days in a hotel. I am a seasoned holidaymaker who likes to get his hands dirty and doesn't just sit on a beach. Having to buy bottled water is not some excruciating cross to bear buddy. There is a post from me re Cuban media IN THIS THREAD.
Ignore Dodo, he only THINKS he knows what he's talking about.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6636|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

GeneralDodo wrote:

I'm a lazy Beach-goer.. sorry thats where the chicks are..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard