ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6759

I think this article might be of relevance to the situation: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … index.html
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6719|Eastern PA
So the DPRK has 1 less nuke that it did yesterday. It's not exactly a surprise that this happened.
MorbidFetus
+76|6548|Ohio

King_County_Downy wrote:

They'll be more sanctioned now.

[/nobrainer]
Yes, sanctioning a dictator is a no-brainer...
twiistaaa
+87|6665|mexico
who cares about north korea and its 1960's technology...
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6615|InGerLand
1960's? no no my friend those koreans only want you to think that, really they just built the hover car
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

Snipedya14 wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

What? No televised results? We've got all that '50s footage of nukes and hydrogen bombs...where's their possible big boom?
What if they tested it underground....
But the report is still unconfirmed.
They said it registered less than a 4 on the richter scale.

Somehow I'm thinking this is complete BS. If it was underground, it would have been HUGE on the richter scale (logically). Nobody saw a mushroom cloud or anything.

This isn't adding up.

Also, just wait what will happen. If the US gets involved: "Onoz!" and if we don't get involved: "Onoz!". Of course then again with Mr. "War President" in office I wouldn't doubt that we're going to get involved.

Last edited by Poseidon (2006-10-09 09:44:22)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6594|Seattle

"Yes... aww according to pwan."
https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/464654e85f.jpg
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6620|Camp XRay

King_County_Downy wrote:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/464654e85f.jpg
Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your fucking ears! Goddamnit, how many times do I have to tehr you? You don't use the WMDs untihr you see the signahr! I have worked ten years on this pran! It is a very precise, and a compricated pran! I am sick of you terrorists fucking it up! Now take the weapons where I tord you and wait for the *goddamn* signahr this time! Goodbye! Why is everyone so fucking stupid?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

Marlboroman82 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your fucking ears! Goddamnit, how many times do I have to tehr you? You don't use the WMDs untihr you see the signahr! I have worked ten years on this pran! It is a very precise, and a compricated pran! I am sick of you terrorists fucking it up! Now take the weapons where I tord you and wait for the *goddamn* signahr this time! Goodbye! Why is everyone so fucking stupid?
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
Only 1053 more tests to go to equal our stature...not to mention possibly 8000 more warheads to match us as well.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

The thing that bothers me is that N.Korea needs the help of the world to feed it's people yet they spend all this effort and resources on making bombs and missiles.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6719|Eastern PA

Poseidon wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

What? No televised results? We've got all that '50s footage of nukes and hydrogen bombs...where's their possible big boom?
What if they tested it underground....
But the report is still unconfirmed.
They said it registered less than a 4 on the richter scale.

Somehow I'm thinking this is complete BS. If it was underground, it would have been HUGE on the richter scale (logically). Nobody saw a mushroom cloud or anything.

This isn't adding up.

Also, just wait what will happen. If the US gets involved: "Onoz!" and if we don't get involved: "Onoz!". Of course then again with Mr. "War President" in office I wouldn't doubt that we're going to get involved.
http://www.llnl.gov/str/Zucca.html
A nation attempting to conceal a test could attempt to minimize the seismic signals. Such signals from a small nuclear test could be well below magnitude 4, with resulting measurable signals traveling 1,000 miles or less.
I doubt the DPRK has the technology to build a weapon approaching the upper-limit of what the Threshold Test Ban Treaty allows (150 kilotonnes), an explosion of which would register a seismic event of ~magnitude 6 (or greater) on the richter scale. The seismic activity registered is well within the limit for a low-yield nuclear weapon (~1 kt).
spray_and_pray
+52|6488|Perth. Western Australia
From Korea their nukes can reach the West of the US bye bye Los Angeles,San Francisco although i highly doubt that they will be used on America. Preisident Kin Jon Ill said they will only be used in self defence or if they are attacked whatever there are anti nuke systems in the US. But there is a new technology being employed with missles where they will have variable speeds which will be able to fool anti Nuke Defences.

I just say fuck em fuck em all let them do what they want to do with their nukes as long as they only use them on themselves.
samfink
+31|6552
erm, there is a simple way tdeal with norht korean artillery - invade so fast that by the time they even find out, american troops ahve alreayd TAKEN the north korean artillery, aadn crush norht korea. and talk china into staying neutral. north korea would realistically capitulate quickly, aftre all, how quckly did the americans reach bagdad and topple saddam? 10 days or soemthing? and look at the size of iraq.oimagine that kind of speed used against North Korea. it would be won in less than a day, pretty much. then get the south koreans to take cnotrol of the whole coutnry, and we'll see just how well capitalism can work.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6515|Montucky

Stingray24 wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Send in Hans Blix!
jonsimon
+224|6492
Nothing will happen to NK because, guess what, they have nukes. Us americans are pussies like that.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6679|Canada
Sure, now Impose Sanctions On Weapons Trade, It's Not Too Late

/sarcasm

Buy The Fucking Ticket Take The Fucking Ride.  Give A Gun To A Baby And Expect Shit To Happen.
EDIT:  apply above rule to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Africa in general, former Yugoslavia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and any other people we've GIVEN weapons to

fool me twice..

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-10-09 14:18:48)

jonsimon
+224|6492

Kmarion wrote:

The thing that bothers me is that N.Korea needs the help of the world to feed it's people yet they spend all this effort and resources on making bombs and missiles.
They need the bombs and missiles to make sure the people being fed are still THEIR people.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
That's right, they absolutely require a 1 million man army, thousands of artillery pieces and nuclear weapons to not be invaded...

The next thing you know, Canada will be testing nuclear weapons to assure that they are not invaded by the evil US.

[/sarcasm]

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-10-09 14:31:40)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA
Nothing will happen until the UN goes in first to bombard NK with deadlines and more threats if it EVER happens AGAIN.......The very action liberals support. double talk and idol threats.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Nothing will happen until the UN goes in first to bombard NK with deadlines and more threats if it EVER happens AGAIN.......The very action liberals support. double talk and idol threats.
Your favorite word is liberal, isn't it?
liquix
+51|6450|Peoples Republic of Portland

samfink wrote:

erm, there is a simple way tdeal with norht korean artillery - invade so fast that by the time they even find out, american troops ahve alreayd TAKEN the north korean artillery, aadn crush norht korea. and talk china into staying neutral. north korea would realistically capitulate quickly, aftre all, how quckly did the americans reach bagdad and topple saddam? 10 days or soemthing? and look at the size of iraq.oimagine that kind of speed used against North Korea. it would be won in less than a day, pretty much. then get the south koreans to take cnotrol of the whole coutnry, and we'll see just how well capitalism can work.
Yep. Thats a great idea because the Iraq war was suddenly over when we toppled Saddam.....Get real. I remember at the beginning of this war it was all talk about speed and how quickly it would be over, now all they talk about is "the long war." If NK uses nuclear weapons offensively, given this test was real, I would imagine a large-scale war would erupt and it wouldn't simply be over in less than a day.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina
jonsimon
+224|6492

RAIMIUS wrote:

That's right, they absolutely require a 1 million man army, thousands of artillery pieces and nuclear weapons to not be invaded...

The next thing you know, Canada will be testing nuclear weapons to assure that they are not invaded by the evil US.

[/sarcasm]
Um, NK is hated by all their neighbors, the Israel of East Asia one might say. They have the right to be paranoid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard