Maj.Do
+85|6754|good old CA
Who uses it for assault now eh
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6760|Brixham, UK
Only on maps where there are no nade launchers. I like having that advantage over people.
superseal17
Banned
+1|6757
I really don't know why EA made the g3 have no grenade launcher when there is a version of it with a grenade launcher. Then everyone would love it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

on devils perch its perfect
kA_sick
+0|6749|Wien
g3 sucks like hell.....
<eN>Madcat
+2|6842
i've never seen it since SF, people are in love with f2000, but it is awesome, a scope, a nade launcher, a flashbang. everthing you could ever want
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

the f2000 isnt in all levels though
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Flashbangs shouldn't be avaliable in normal BF2. Like soldiers are going to use them in a desert environment anyway.
I'm owed one promotion and one unlock, which I'll get today. I'm opting for the G3 out of the G3, L85A1, and DAO-12.
Strange huh, because the DAO-12 and L85A1 are two of the more popular unlocks.
Still, I have used all of them before and I liked the G3 the most. The L85A1 was too bulky when unzoomed, and I am one fo the very few who simply can't get the DAO-12 to work for them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
dshak
+4|6815
grenade launchers ruin this game
bs6749
+3|6746
Then don't play. I am sick of everyone whining about grenade launchers and "noob tubers." Though we may have to deal with them we all should learn to live with them and adapt to their style of play. I just love picking them off at long distances with the M24.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
i've gone back to the g3 after playing with the fn2000 for awhile. GLs are boring, no skill required. Basically, you won't develop as a player using the GL as your main weapon ala n00btubers, becuase you won't really be required to think and come up with tactics. instead its 'enemy spotted-'thunk'-'boom', instead of "now how do I get that guy out of there?" Hand grenades are much better because they require you to actaully think about what you're doing, and because you can bounce them off walls. I've gone back to the G# because it's more powerful than the 2000, hand grenades are better than lanuched ones, and because its just cooler, you know?
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6742

oberst_enzian wrote:

i've gone back to the g3 after playing with the fn2000 for awhile. GLs are boring, no skill required. Basically, you won't develop as a player using the GL as your main weapon ala n00btubers, becuase you won't really be required to think and come up with tactics. instead its 'enemy spotted-'thunk'-'boom', instead of "now how do I get that guy out of there?" Hand grenades are much better because they require you to actaully think about what you're doing, and because you can bounce them off walls. I've gone back to the G# because it's more powerful than the 2000, hand grenades are better than lanuched ones, and because its just cooler, you know?
You held shift and hit 3. LOL
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
you think that warranted a post?

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6763|Internet!
Yes.

I think answering your question with a one word response also warrants a post.
YitEarp
+1|6727
i didnt like the g3 at first either, 20 round clip stinks and iron sights arent so hot.  but on SF maps where my assault kit doesnt get a nade launcher ive been using it a lot recently, its stopping power is amazing.  lot of fun to snipe with since 1 or 2 hits can kill someone so quick they dont have time to dodge like they do with say a g36c or an AK spraying near them.
AFlyingNun
+0|6722
G3 is a good gun that can kill with one headshot, and people forget you get grenades to replace the grenade launcher (an somewhat even trade, IMO). The main reason I see people not using it is, like many of the most powerful guns, you'd need to have a support player nearby, because it can run short on ammo quick.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6715|Wherever the F**k i feel like
I use the g3 all the time. got 38 kills in one round with that thing
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6728
I use the G3 when I play for USMC. I HATE the burst modus of the M16.
FourStars
+1|6741|Australia
i dig the burst mode, find it realy handy, just gotta remember not to spray when ya get up close and personal
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

G3 has burst?
DakotaDoc64
+0|6794|Omaha, Nebraska
I prefer the G3 + Handgrenade almost anytime vs a grenade launcher.  Only time I prefer a gun w/ grenade launcher is when in wide open maps with few buildings.  Surge or either of the swamp maps in normal BF2.

Can you launch a grenade launcher into a  room or on top of a building you are next too.  This works much better with normal handgrenades.

The G3 is a headshot/quick take down machine.
KillerAFET
+3|6782|Abilene, Texas

dshak wrote:

grenade launchers ruin this game
Attention KMart shoppers, blue light special on whiners aisle 6!!!
topal63
. . .
+533|6720
I like the G3, but for specic use ONLY though:

BF2:SF:Devils Perch - Grenade Launchers Uphill = USELESS; SO! Who needs one? I don't.

BF2: Karkland, Mashtur, Sharqi 16 player maps ONLY = not an ambundance of people;
High damage from mid.to-semi-long-range distances + your ability to be stealthy = effective gun.
caleqs
+9|6709
I have not been able to get used to the G3 at all. I don't really like it. I'm used to the G36C and the regular assault weapons. But I've only tried the G3 a few times since unlocking it. I always get disgusted and go back to the G36C or the basic assault kit.

Although, I hate the grenade launcher. I only find it useful for taking out vehicles. Otherwise, I prefer to shoot someone at long range and I prefer the versatility, as mentioned by others, of the hand grenade.

I'll probable work on it a little more though to see if I can make it more effective for me.
caleqs
+9|6709
I have not been able to get used to the G3 at all. I don't really like it. I'm used to the G36C and the regular assault weapons. But I've only tried the G3 a few times since unlocking it. I always get disgusted and go back to the G36C or the basic assault kit.

Although, I hate the grenade launcher. I only find it useful for taking out vehicles. Otherwise, I prefer to shoot someone at long range and I prefer the versatility, as mentioned by others, of the hand grenade.

I'll probable work on it a little more though to see if I can make it more effective for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard