Daniel_Malloy
+0|6635|Mars
I searched for posts regarding the mechs and didn't find one just about them, so here we go. How is the world are we supposed to use a mech with a joystick?!?!? I have played every mechwarrior game that has come out (for PC, no Xbox look-a-likes), so I was hoping for a great deal. I find out now that there is really no way to configure my joystick for use in the mechs. I would like to have my joystick (an Saitek X45) set up where the rudder controls where my upper torso looks and have my main joystick control looking up/down and turning my legs left/right. Does anyone know how I can do that, or do I hope and pray that enough people complain about not being able to do the above that EA fixes it?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6737|California

throttle for foward, back

pich/yaw for turret movements
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6792|EUR
No idea. Perhaps a combination of the NUMPAD keys with it?

Sorry.
computermash
+7|6681
Good idea but not sure why u would 2 use a joystick. The mouse and keyboard is pretty effective and the mouse gives better aiming than a joystick... meh i guess its ur preference.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6702|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
or you could be normal and fucking use a mouse and keyboard no jk lol i played mech warrior with a bunch of asain people woooo they speak fast and funny lawls
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6635|Mars
The mouse and keyboard does work well, but it almost seems wrong to use a mouse and keyboard for it you know (It's so easy, it's almost cheating; almost)? I have looked around some more for an answer to my question and have come up empty-handed, so I'll just learn to use the mouse and keyboard like I did for flying helicopters since it was so wierd to use a joystick for me (helo sims have a WHOLE different kind of feel, so I just used the mouse).

So, what are other peoples' opinions on the mechs? I find them worthless against armor or vehicles because of the wierd lock-on but not lock-on missles it fires. I think it is the ultimate infantry soldier though.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6636
mouse and keyboard was to much for 2 apcs a tank and about 5-7 guys with AT and using the railguns so you might wanna stick with that (and they attacked at once)
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6635|Mars
Have other people noticed that the vehicles seem different on certain servers? Everytime I get on I just join the server with the best lag and amount of people, but it seems to me that on some servers the vehicles do tons of damage and others don't do squat. It also seems that the time it takes for the mechs machineguns differs from server to server too. Does anyone know if servers can change some of this stuff, or am I crazy?
uberdoc
+3|6433|California
PAC Mech sometimes shoots thru people but don't kill them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard