hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus
I no  i will be flamed for this post, but i have a point.

Ive seen the release of 2142 Beta, and all the shit patches and i can conclude that people move from "era" to "era".
For example, 2142 Beta, I Never got a CD key but i no alot of people that did. The WHOLE BF2 community moved to this wanting and asking for a chance to play this.

The marketing stratagies of Dice And EA are very solid. They present Unbelivable Games to people as bait and they move. Of course there will be strong communities within BF2 that will stick with it, but on the whole BF2 will suck from this day onwards.

Sorry for wasting your time, I just thought that i would share my opinion.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
BF2 will live on. People still play 1942 & BFV...
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6635|The Netherlands
bf2 will still be populated, by noobs who got it 4 free and peeps who wana stick whit the moc and USMC
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus

Niekjejeje wrote:

bf2 will still be populated, by noobs who got it 4 free and peeps who wana stick whit the moc and USMC
I disagree, i think the noobs will go to BF2142, leaving the good players at BF2, But You cant have experts without slaying noobs. The downfall of BF2 continues.
mecky
+3|6442|Perth, Australia
i personally reckon that Bf2 will live on and thrive for years to come. overall, its a great game thats pretty addictive.

although i'm sure that the n00bs will all migrate to 2142 asap
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus

mecky wrote:

i personally reckon that Bf2 will live on and thrive for years to come. overall, its a great game thats pretty addictive.

although i'm sure that the n00bs will all migrate to 2142 asap
I am addicted to BF2, i play it too much.

I have tried to limit my time to 1:30 per day but i fucked that system, and just played it for hours.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6546|Internetfitlerland

Well there are three parties main (probably others such as stop playing altogether, but we shall ignor them) that will emerge from this event. 

1.  Those who enjoy the futureistic theme (play 2142)
  2.  Those who neither like nor dislike it (play both 2142 - bf2)
  3.  Those who enjoy the modern theme (play bf2)

It really boils down to which group you want to be apart of.  I believe that from what I read on the forums,  alot of people want something new, but are reluctant because of some of the bad publicity 2142 has been recieving from the Beta and Demo, so are faced with a choice.  Some will stay, some will go, the 2142 community will be fresh and new and usher in a whole new group of players, while the bf2 group will be regulars who probably dont want to give up bf2 just yet, or dislike the theme (group 3) and might be waiting out till bf3.

So, which group are you?

I am 3.
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus
Call me a Noob, I do want to try Bf2142, but i am in the group 2.

I have been getting bored of bF2 and need some variety, Get me?

Like if you eat too much choclate you get sick, same reason.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6477

Personally I thought I would buy BF2142, but after playing beta I'm not even going to try the demo.

The whole thing was huge failure IMHO.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
zer0fus10n
+14|6519
Hilltop does have a point.. I pre orderd my copy today, $110 from eb, I havn't played the demo or seen much of the game, Im just moving on.. I'm disapointed though.. A few weeks from now and all my hardwork on bf2 will be gone.. Im just about to get master sargent 50000 gs, Im 635 points of atm... Which moving to 2142 will disapoint me.. I'm just moving on with the new game, And the clans will be aswell... So any shooting game that's like bf2 will be good enough for me.. I won't forget this game though it is a classic and should be rememberd in the gaming world as it's at the top of it's class.
Riddick51PB
+21|6516|Lincoln.ne.us

hilltop_skater wrote:

For example, 2142 Beta, I Never got a CD key but i no alot of people that did.
nobody cares about that.  that's yesterday's news.

everyone's in the demo now.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Riddick51PB wrote:

hilltop_skater wrote:

For example, 2142 Beta, I Never got a CD key but i no alot of people that did.
nobody cares about that.  that's yesterday's news.

everyone's in the demo now.
I'm not. Look at my sig for more details.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
But now look at the bright side, you were only 635 points away from Master Sgt, now in 2142 you can be Major Oracle Of Planets Rank and get the Flame Discus of Elronick Badge, and I believe you'll also get the Gaseous Cloud Ribbon also.

Anyway, people were bitching about 'realism'; there is none in 2142, only the kids will fully go to 2142, the rest will stay and enjoy thier time in BF2, there are people still playing '42 for that matter. I've played the BETA, the DEMO - and some of our people like it but just as a 'get away' and most of us dislike it. But I do know what you kids are saying, you gotta stick with the 'popularity' in gaming, not necessarily moving on, but moving towards new technology. But remember 2142 was made for kids so every pimpled face snot dribbler will have this.

I've seen alot of reviews on this 2142... EA has made a great selling ploy, so far from what I see, is they are trying to get the younger gens more involved.
Hurricane
Banned

They're trying to get everyone involved. Obviously this will work best on the 11 year olds.

doo doo doo doo doo
Kid: OMG MOMMY I WANNA BE IN DA FUTUURREEE CAN I GET 2142?!
Mom: Okay billy sweety but first we have to go to soccer!
Kid: YAYAYAaaaa1!11

*a day later*

Kid: OMG THIS IS SO LEET LOL LEET IS  A KEWL WORD
*tank spawns*
Kid: WTF U FAG LOL IM SO COOL I CAN SAY FAG U FUCKING CANT TAKE THAT TANK ITS MINE
Kid [teamkills] me
Me [makes special place in hell] kid

I see this as the future of warfare. Little kids swayed by pretty robots TKing for said robots. Hopefully all the immature/retarded folk who don't mind giving EA shitloads of cash after the massacre of BF2 will stay in 2142. Maybe we'll finally see more servers with full rotations, and more booster pack servers.
zer0fus10n
+14|6519

imdead wrote:

But now look at the bright side, you were only 635 points away from Master Sgt, now in 2142 you can be Major Oracle Of Planets Rank and get the Flame Discus of Elronick Badge, and I believe you'll also get the Gaseous Cloud Ribbon also.

Anyway, people were bitching about 'realism'; there is none in 2142, only the kids will fully go to 2142, the rest will stay and enjoy thier time in BF2, there are people still playing '42 for that matter. I've played the BETA, the DEMO - and some of our people like it but just as a 'get away' and most of us dislike it. But I do know what you kids are saying, you gotta stick with the 'popularity' in gaming, not necessarily moving on, but moving towards new technology. But remember 2142 was made for kids so every pimpled face snot dribbler will have this.

I've seen alot of reviews on this 2142... EA has made a great selling ploy, so far from what I see, is they are trying to get the younger gens more involved.
Yeah, It's not just the moving on aspect.. I'm getting kind of sick and fucking tired of the hackers on Bf2, I do know there will be hackers on 2142 but a changed from the shooting through walls and one person taking out an entire squad with one gun just bores me... So i'd like a change from the noobs in bf2... And hopefully the bullet rego is fixed in 2142 because right now... I CANNOT use the g36e because an entire clip in one guys head displays a nice smokescreen... Which just ticks my brain one more tick to the brink of going fucking ape shit so i would like 2142 to be very different... But i hope there is another bf2 modern day game.. If not ill just join the army or swat or somthing
Hurricane
Banned

Very few people hack in BF2. You're just thinking that from a combination of some "suspicious shots" and the knowledge that anyone can buy a hack.

As for hit reg, play on better servers or look for Sarge's hitreg tweaking guide.
']['error
Banned
+630|6652|The Netherlands
lollerskates @ executioner!

on-topic: I'm downloading the demo, and i will give it a shot .
when is the official release date in Europe of this game?
zer0fus10n
+14|6519
Ive had my far share of suspicious shots and unbelievable take outs of one person vs squad of six.. And my bullet rego is unfixable cause i dunno how to work his guide... And if you played on some of the IO aussie servers you'd understand that no one is that good... And it takes the one guy to fuck the entire game up for everyone (round)
gameaddict
+35|6688|let op drempels
i lag way to much in the demo so ill stay to bf2.hope quake wars wont have to much lag cause i am looking forward to that 1 and star trek:legacy *geek alert *
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6554

hilltop_skater wrote:

...but on the whole BF2 will suck from this day onwards.
If by "suck" you mean that every time I get in a chopper my teammate will know how to fly/gun, let 2142 come.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-10-07 06:28:12)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ryker
+13|6512
I'm going to be playing both. I'd prefer it if 2142 didnt come out for another year but I dont really care, I speant about 7 months (since Xmas) playing the full game and since this time last year on the demo and loved it.
Zodiaccup
+42|6554

liquidat0r wrote:

BF2 will live on. People still play 1942 & BFV...
True. Most Bf2 players i personally know are not moving to BF2142.
From 10 guys just 2 are going to buy 2142.
I know this may not be representative for the whole community,
but i wouldn't be surprised if Bf2142 is going to be the big failure.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
I see alot of people commenting on 2142 and I can tell they never played it. If you think choppers or any vehicle in 2142 is different, you are right, they all suck. EA spent alot of time on the shadowing and color that they forgot about everything else. Tho I only played 2 maps, there is a need for extravagant improvement. Seems like they took out all the great things in BF2 and made 2142 but with Star Wars vehicles. I can tell you the chopper is cool, but the Mech is better at downing the aircraft. Everything is Fast as should be in a futuristic game, but there is nothing more involved. You have drones to shoot for you, so you can literally argue with you wife and still get a kill and your pixel dude isn't even in the same room as your drone...I dont want to rant or rave about 2142 as Im sure alot of people will have thier reviews coming out, but Its not for me...

and yes they already have hacks/glitches out for 2142, BF2 they did a good job in maintaining the hacks.
samfink
+31|6563
I might get 2142, but I doubt it. bf2 is too good.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)

~Smokey~ wrote:

1.  Those who enjoy the futureistic theme (play 2142)
  2.  Those who neither like nor dislike it (play both 2142 - bf2)
  3.  Those who enjoy the modern theme (play bf2)
Group 2.

But I'm not even sure I'll get 2142 having played the beta - haven't even got the demo - is it out? (seriously, is it?)

'Theme' is irrelevant to me - it's the gameplay that's important.

I'll probably get 2142 at some point down the line, but for now I'm looking forward to the change it will bring in BF2 - mostly the 'hardcore' BF2 players will stay with BF2 and I think (hope) the general level of play will rise because of that...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard