DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America
I'm sure you're all aware by now of North Koreas nuclear plans.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … index.html

What do you think is going to happen? Are they bluffing, or really have capabilities?
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6519
shit were gona DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

If they launch, The missile will be intercepted, and 10 nations will haul ass and "liberate"
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Just think about all them South Koreans and what will happen to leaderboards on games all over. Hope they don't get nuked first.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6605|Seattle

North Korea is small enough to be carpet bombed in 2 days. They know this.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6487
Can't use embargos or starve them either. They are already undergoing that.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

ncc6206 wrote:

Can't use embargos or starve them either. They are already undergoing that.
Yea North Korea is starving. Where else do you get TV shows on how to make potato pancakes with grass filling? That's if you're lucky to have electricity and a TV.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-10-06 15:33:09)

13rin
+977|6487
I think the US should bomb the launch site and all of the surrounding bunkers and labs in the first second of their test.  They want to test their nuke to see what happens when they launch it?  The US could give them the real results of what would happen if they wanted to fire off a nuke.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6508|Los Angeles
Tokyo and Seoul shit themselves around this time every year on "anticipated nuclear tests in Pyeongyang". My GF and I were still living in Seoul last year around this time when her stateside Korean friends expressed anxiety that she was still there. Yet nothing ever happens.

Kim Jong Il is probably the most intelligent strategist in the world. Unless some serious crazy shit is going on in Pyeongyang right now - like a military coup, common revolt, or a complete lack of hard currency in state coffers - I don't think Kim would make that move. His regime has more cracks in the foundation than the Ryugyong Hotel, but neither are going to be crumbling any time soon. People have been saying "the regime is on its last legs" for over 20 years now, yet it continues to wheeze along.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6508|Los Angeles

King_County_Downy wrote:

North Korea is small enough to be carpet bombed in 2 days. They know this.
But the US also knows that Pyeongyang has enough conventional weapons pointed at Seoul - one of the industrial world's most densely populated cities - to cause millions of casualties in the first 1/2 hour of bombardment.

Willis Stanley - National Institute for Public Policy wrote:

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (DPRK or North Korea) is poised, not for a war of attrition using irregular forces like the Viet Cong, but for a lightning strike that leaves them in possession of the peninsula in a matter of weeks. Supporting that intent is the forward deployment of a vast conventional force and (at least) chemical weapons. The DPRK has amassed an imposing military force over 1 million persons strong with a reserve of over 7 million. Over seventy percent of the DPRK's active duty ground troops are stationed within about 145 kilometers of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that separates North and South. More worrisome are the DPRK's estimated 12,000 artillery tubes and 2,300 multiple rocket launchers that, from their current emplacements, are capable of raining 500,000 shells per hour on U.S. and South Korean troops. 500 long-range artillery pieces are able to target Seoul, a mere 40 kilometers from the DMZ.
That would be blood on the hands of the US were we to attempt a pre-emptive strike.

And we wouldn't do one anyway. We'd burn goodwill with Seoul by attacking their northern brethren, we'd cause instability by China being paranoid that we and our South Korean pals were on their doorstep, not to mention that we'd have no real reason to be on the peninsula any more so we'd lose our key foothold in the region entirely. As it is, Seoul is already trying to kick us the hell out.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida
I think they are full of it.  Not only can they excellently fail at launching test missiles that supposedly could reach our west coast, I think Jong Il is a joke really.....maybe thats because of Team America though.  I think hes claiming this stuff, because he was taken out of our headlines for awhile.  Now hes back in them.  He thinks he needs a nuke to deter a U.S. attack on his country......and we would want to attack them why?
Capt. Foley
+155|6595|Allentown, PA, USA
I would love to see what happens to North Korea. A use of a WMD is considered by the US a use of a nuclear weapon which we would retaliate in kind. In other words we would set the record for the fastest AND largest parking lot ever. Alittle under 30min and bye bye DPRK. 1 Ohio class sub will kinda fuck them over. Imagine a few of them plus North and South Dakota lighting up=gang bang up the assed DPRK peoples. I think that the only  things that are keeping the US and South Korea from lauching a strike against there nulcear facilities is the possible support of China for the North Koreans and the massive civilian casualties.
jonsimon
+224|6503
Korea is just trying to get us off their backs.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
We should've dealt with North Korea long ago.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6659
Kim Jong Il is pretty smart.  He knows the world and particularly the U.S. are really a bunch of pussies when it comes to attacking people.  Saddam had to fucking mass murder people, invade Kuwait, break every sanction given to him for decades, and then try and kill Dubya's dad before we went in and got him out of power.  Kim knows we aren't going to do shit to him.

He threatened all this shit back during the Clinton administration and Bill bent over backwards trying to accomodate him.  Now, Kim figures he'll do the same thing this go around.
BVC
+325|6703
If NK launches a nuke they'll be flattened, I imagine the US would do most of the work, but even vehmently anti-US countries would be behind them simply because NK launched a nuke and NOBODY wants to see another mushroom cloud.

Surely, they can't be stupid enough not to realise this?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Just think about all them South Koreans and what will happen to leaderboards on games all over. Hope they don't get nuked first.
North Korea won't nuke South Korea.  They view them as being oppressed by the Americans and want to liberate them, which is why South Korea wants the US to leave as they feels that it is antagonising the issue.  It also leads to tension with Japan (or rather, increases tension with Japan after WWII and even earlier).

And besides, nukes aren't the real issue.  They can't build very many of them.  The worry is that they'll send chemical/biological weapons flying Japan's way.

Pubic wrote:

If NK launches a nuke they'll be flattened, I imagine the US would do most of the work, but even vehmently anti-US countries would be behind them simply because NK launched a nuke and NOBODY wants to see another mushroom cloud.
Actually, I think you'd be more likely to see it annexed by China, which could create whole new problems.............

Miller wrote:

We should've dealt with North Korea long ago.
You tried.  You failed.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-10-07 00:23:46)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6510|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Mr.H@x0r wrote:

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6741|Oslo, Norway

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Mr.H@x0r wrote:

BVC
+325|6703

Pubic wrote:

Actually, I think you'd be more likely to see it annexed by China, which could create whole new problems.............

You know, thats actually a very good point...
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6541|Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

The worry is that they'll send chemical/biological weapons flying Japan's way.
and we know if they do, they'd be jumped by soo many forces its not funny.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida
I dont think Korea is actually going to attack.  They know full well how capable we are of taking NK out of existence.  If he is provoking us, hell, all he has to do is launch something at us and he will get his attack.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

TheDoctor wrote:

You manage to miss the point entirely:

People get so hung up on words like "terrorist" and "nuclear" that they miss the actualy threats.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6541|Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

TheDoctor wrote:

You manage to miss the point entirely:

People get so hung up on words like "terrorist" and "nuclear" that they miss the actualy threats.
hmmm you have a point there. (correct me if i am wrong) Nuclear weapons is not the only threat NK holds. It also holds the threat of invading SK.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
I doubt the North Koreans would have much chance there.  Whilst their ground forces are determined and (SFAIK) well trained, the South Koreans have a significant technological advantage, and can rely on the assistance of US carrier groups.  Having said that, it could cause tensions with China, who might be concerned with the US military activity so close to their homeland.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard