spare the life of convicted murderer Stan "Tookie" Williams or NOT

No . . plan and simple kill the bastard73%73% - 47
Yeah . .I'll let this mass murder go26%26% - 17
Total: 64
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6783|Kansas, USA

NYL0N wrote:

and for the guy who said about the bible, what about "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" its one of the commandments.

i think that the death penalty is just state justified murder. if the state can kill, i think i should be able to kill if i want, too.

because think about it. where will killing him get? it won't provide any sort of real revenge for the families of the people he killed, unless they hold a gun to his head, and blow him away themselves. i'd respect them if they were able to do that. but then, they'd also be locked up too, wouldn't they?
It's also illegal for you, as a private citizen, to lock someone up against their will, correct? You can't even force someone to work (i.e. community service). So, by your logic the state should not have the power to impose any punishment upon someone that we do not have the right to impose on each other. So, I guess we just let all the murderers, rapists, and thieves go free?
DW_KaiWinters
+0|6740
All too often these days the "reformed" criminal is often looked at as the victim. The true "victims" of the criminals mishief is completely overlooked. Take a hard look at those speaking on behalf of "Tookie" and all the wonderful things he has now accomplished...he has even been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Hmmm wonder if anyone has mentioned the victims now long dead and their families whose lives have been forever changed for the negative.
He founded the "crips", a notorious gang still alive, well and thriving in more areas of our country than most of you even have clue about...been a member of an anti-gang task force in the juvenile crime system for nearly a decade so my familiarity with them is more than I care it to be.

Has anyone made mention to all the instances of violence he has been involved in while in prison?

He was found guilty of crimes and sentenced to death. I am in favor of carrying out this sentence.
Will it stop future murders? Doubtful. Those involved in such things are generally not overly concerned with social issues and morality. Will it prevent "Tookie" from ever committing murder or violence on an individual again? Aboslutely !
TrevorP
+0|6800
There is supposed to be a seperation between church and state so why should the fact of the bible be brought up...Theres a few people im sure who have screwed their neighbours wife but you dont see them on death row.
CreepingDeath
+1|6751
I would say 15 hours before he is dead . . .
then 16 hours until LA is destroyed by another riot .. because we all know that the poor bastards need more christmas presents . .SANTA sure will becoming early to LA this year.
  Watch and see they will riot and even I would say people that are for the death penalty will be destroying the city. THIS IS SAD. . . These people will be stealing from ma and pa type stores, that had nothing to do with this case. I am glad I don't live there.
Erkut.hv
+124|6742|California
Nice, the media ispainting Williams as a humanitarian and children's rights advocate now? The victim mentality, poor black man living in the ghetto, must be racist whitey who wants him dead. Barring the fact, of course, that he founded one of the biggest and deadliest gangs outside of organized crime. Oh, and that little thing about killing four people. Our system of law has the death penalty, and it was decided he should get it.

Suppose next you'll say Saddam is writing children's books, and telling kids not to become psychotic dictators, so we should let him live and give him a nobel prize.

It is the common American's weakness and sense of having to adhere to political correctness that will get him killed. You are letting the inmates run the asylum.
CreepingDeath
+1|6751
I know isn't it crazy. Im flying to IRAQ in about a hour to stop Saddam's trial. I think and know someday he'll be a better man and changed man, it's just the right thing to do.

:-)
No Im not but HEY let the fry together.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6854|-
"CNN Breaking News

-- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has denied clemency for killer Stanley Tookie Williams."
Erkut.hv
+124|6742|California
Good.
fizz85
+1|6796|Voice of reason

Erkut.hv wrote:

Good.
Agreed
Jodah3
+1|6745

Erkut.hv wrote:

Good.
Agreed as well.
Home
Section.80
+447|6854|Seattle, Washington, USA

I don't care if you write children's books or not, you killed 4 people. There's nothing you can do to take that back, so deal with it.
Tarasque
+0|6725|Norway

Homeschtar wrote:

I don't care if you write children's books or not, you killed 4 people. There's nothing you can do to take that back, so deal with it.
I deal with bunnyhoppers, i dont deal with goverment supportet murder!

I just cant sorry
CreepingDeath
+1|6751
Well this poll is over .. 36 to 10 . . with many people viewing it .. To me that said many else dont or didn't give a damn about this monster.

Next poll .. hmmm what can i come up with?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center

CreepingDeath wrote:

people that had killed someone 5 years ago have already been killed.
thats wrong.  people usually are forced to wait years on death row before theyre executed.  this was discussed at length in my law class last year and i think it was found that the average length of time people wait in death row is 21 years or something like that.

i don't agree with corporal punishment.  not because i'm a pacifist or anything, but i think it is a much worse punishment to have to sit in jail for the rest of your life.
Nehil
+3|6738|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)
(Warning sarcasm ahead!)
Yes kill that motherfucker! He can't kill people! But I posess the almighty morale of hypocracy and can sentence him to death! Murder is wrong, so murder that fucker!

You guys realize you're kinda f***ed in the head right?
Erkut.hv
+124|6742|California

Nehil wrote:

(Warning sarcasm ahead!)
Yes kill that motherfucker! He can't kill people! But I posess the almighty morale of hypocracy and can sentence him to death! Murder is wrong, so murder that fucker!

And douchebags with pictures of anarchists aren't?   =P
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

he is dead. can I close this now ? Or shall we make this a debate on capital punishment ?
CreepingDeath
+1|6751
ThomasMorgan

BS .. how long was tim mcvay or however you spell the lame asses name?
What about casey how long did he spend on DR not long ..
There was a 17 18 year old in texas just reccently killed by leath injection for killing a cop.. he spent only about 3-5 years on death row, again not long ..
So why did this asshole spend 25 years on DR and not be killed with the quickness?
Nehil

Erkut.hv wrote:

Nehil wrote:

(Warning sarcasm ahead!)

And douchebags with pictures of anarchists aren't?   =P
Yea I'm fucked in the head, but atleast I know it.
The_49er_Kid
+0|6737
Kill 4 of his close relatives , and see if he can life whit that , the people relatives already have to live whit this for 25 years+ , still i don't support death penalties , it's out of this time

Just my 2 cents
Home
Section.80
+447|6854|Seattle, Washington, USA

Um, Nehil, why is giving him the death sentence wrong? I don't understand where you're coming from. All you used is sarcasm. Why are we, as you put it, f***ed in the head?
Tarasque
+0|6725|Norway
Sarcasm is lost on som people.

Luckily no death penalty for stupidity on this site. *bangs head against wall*

sad, sad day .. humanity = 0, ignorant fuck heads = 1

Tomorrow is another round tho, and the day after that untill we gotten rid of this hypocracy
Nehil

Homeschtar wrote:

Um, Nehil, why is giving him the death sentence wrong? I don't understand where you're coming from. All you used is sarcasm. Why are we, as you put it, f***ed in the head?
Well if murder is wrong how can you defend that he got murderd? If you don't see the hypocracy in death penalty, then you're maybe not fucked in the head but you're atleast a bonehead.

Last edited by Nehil (2005-12-15 08:28:22)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
RIP tookie
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
Haha look a triggerhappy post
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard