+961|6710

Samtheman53 wrote:

2142 is teh pwnzor forget about bf2
I saw you on Zboard today.
Dex Luther
+32|6450|Canukastan

I.M.I Militant wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I think EA and DICE need to lose market share to Quake Wars. Better yet, BF2 needs to be redone, using another engine, that would kickass
i wish e.a would hand the game over to steam seeing as they would actully support it
Then they would turn it into Counterstrike: Battlefield and it would suck.

I.M.I Militant wrote:

owe an yer QW will steamroll its way over 2142 the only reason i can see people playing 2142 is because of stats
Or maybe they just like the game.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
The diffrence in bf2142 is that everything is an unlock. Everything. To sprint a halfway normal distance at a fast speed, and recoup faster is 3 unlocks because you have to unlock grenades first. Its going to take a dedicated person to get a decent character, because you wil use a lot of easy point rank ups on BS.

It takes 4 unlocks to get a new gun. Because you have to climb the ladder in each kit, to get to the gun. In a way its good because its going to make people play one kit more, which in theory could get more squad teamwork out.. but in reality there are some kits 75% people will *not* unlock because they will unlock the assault or recon kits first. but thats just what it appeared to me when i was playing the beta.

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-10-07 01:04:22)

SargeX_au
+29|6764
Bf2 has not fallen.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6570|Hungary
I still dont think i played enough with bf2 or its would be boring for me...I still enjoy playing the moder army with today's vehicles so i still play it because i like it.
Its sad that EA dont care about bf2 and they force us to move onto bf 2142....i still say NO...maybe in 1 or 1,5 years i will play bf2.
I still play Soldier of Fortune 2 wich is a pretty old but good game !
And its a game from 2002 !!!

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_of_Fortune_2

Last edited by venom6 (2006-10-07 01:32:08)

Buffnuggles
+11|6744|The Hague, Netherlands
I stick around on BF2, also waiting for Armed Assault.
If you ever played OFP, than this game will rock.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6534

Towelly wrote:

Mix of Ghost Recon and BF2, with better graphics....

this seems to inspire 3 letter word beginning with "w"
and ps3 inspires a 4 letter word, starting with "f" and it's not fuck...
Flakturnal
+21|6454|Perth,WA
Hopefully all the whores and padders will leave and go ruin bf2142 for each other. Hopefully those that loved Bf2, who loved it for the game itself and not just the ranks and ribbons will stay and make the community what Ive heard it once was.  Although, I've never played a game before which required me to buy a new system so I could play it.
"It just seems ... kind of ... I don't know, stupid."
lord_tyler_486
+54|6764|Upper Franconia
Actually bf2142 isn't a bad game, but the gameplay is just completely different from bf2 for no apparent reason. Everything is a bit slower. I don't say it's less fun, it's just different fun. Infantry combat in 2142 is just ... kinda ... UGLY ... RETARDED. In bf2 this is way better. Every time i encounter a CQC situation in 2142 it seems like everything you can do to get a little bit advantage over the other player is stand still, then crouch and zoom. Walk around? Youll die because you don't hit shit. Jump? Fail. Going prone? Worst idea of all. Then you can just hope that some of you bullets hit and the enemy dies before you do. Whenever I get into a fight with somebody I don't know if I hit him, I don't know if he hits me, I don't even notice when he dies. I just empty the clip and a few secs after reloading I see that he is dead. But I really like the new choppahz!
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6701|The Hague, Netherlands
i stick with bf2 ... I tried the demo and didn't really like bf2142 ....
Longbow
+163|6658|Odessa, Ukraine
BF2 ftw !
Maybe I'll buy 2142 , didn't decide yet , but I'm sure I'll still be playing BF2 .

edit : and yeah , as stryyker sayed  , 'BF3' is comming

Last edited by Longbow (2006-10-07 10:28:04)

AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6489|Liverpool, England
IMO 2142 is just a BF2 mod.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

Wow!  I just played the 2142 demo....... I already uninstalled it.  What a piece of shit that is.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6732|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

Wow!  I just played the 2142 demo....... I already uninstalled it.  What a piece of shit that is.
prize?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

prize?
Just giving my opinion.  I know you have a hard-on for that game, so your prejudice is expected.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-07 12:23:42)

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6756|The Island of Carls Jr.
Anyone think that DICE will have a miracle quick-fix?
turkeybacon
+50|6457|Dragon Valley

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

The diffrence in bf2142 is that everything is an unlock. Everything. To sprint a halfway normal distance at a fast speed, and recoup faster is 3 unlocks because you have to unlock grenades first. Its going to take a dedicated person to get a decent character, because you wil use a lot of easy point rank ups on BS.

It takes 4 unlocks to get a new gun. Because you have to climb the ladder in each kit, to get to the gun. In a way its good because its going to make people play one kit more, which in theory could get more squad teamwork out.. but in reality there are some kits 75% people will *not* unlock because they will unlock the assault or recon kits first. but thats just what it appeared to me when i was playing the beta.
thats really lame
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6492|Somewhere else

yeah, the unlocks ARE silly. ITs advertised as a ton of unlocks, but its just kit equipment that was not an unlock in bf2.  Shock paddles, explosives, health packs are unlocks.  awwww cmon now!  I heard a new unlock in 2142 is the "move ability". when you first play the game, you cant move..you have to luck out and kill enough people where you spawned to get points to unlock the "move" ability.  There is also the "win" ability, where you have to unlock it to win a round. OR the "CTD stop" unlock, where the game crashes to desktop randomly until you unlock the CTD stop unlock.

Ill play both still though. No game will ever be perfect.   Unless BF2 can magically give me Stacy Kiebler and a life time supply of rum in the next patch. Itll never get a 10 out of 10 from me. And if you think the patched BF2 or 2142 sucks, there is always "Judge Dredd" on SNES. play that for a while and BF2 will make you orgasm.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-10-08 11:51:26)

mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6610|S.C.
Anybody still playing BF 1942 or BF Vietnam?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6603|Reisterstown, MD

usmarine2005 wrote:

Just giving my opinion.  I know you have a hard-on for that game, so your prejudice is expected.
lol.  The only thing good about 2142 is the knifing and the dog-tag collecting.  Other than that, it is just not very much fun.   
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6587|London

Dex Luther wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I think EA and DICE need to lose market share to Quake Wars. Better yet, BF2 needs to be redone, using another engine, that would kickass
i wish e.a would hand the game over to steam seeing as they would actully support it
Then they would turn it into Counterstrike: Battlefield and it would suck.

I.M.I Militant wrote:

owe an yer QW will steamroll its way over 2142 the only reason i can see people playing 2142 is because of stats
Or maybe they just like the game.
Dex Luther... name sounds similar to a certain [DICE]Lexluther, may explain your staunch defending of DICE.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Does Dice still have time to fix this game?
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6443|Washington State, USA

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

nah they will probably get all drunk and get some hookers and forget about it
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER

InfectiousShadow wrote:

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

nah they will probably get all drunk and get some hookers and forget about it
Fuck them. Damn money whores.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6594|MANCHESTERRR
I like 2142! I think DICE could have done alot more to make it better but its good. Titan mode will be why people play it imo. The things that need to be fixed are

» The Sprint - If it was made like BF2 and you had as much stamina then that would be great as now, the player             is as fast a sprinter as my grandmother and is tired after about 7 seconds of running.

» I thought Vehicle drops might be an idea but i know alot of people will be again against that

» weapons - They need De-Nerfing. The only gun that i like is the Engi [no, not the rocket launcher:P] They also need an accuracy boost, but im talking about stock weapons here, the ones that are unlockable must be better.

Other than that i cant see much wrong. Titan mode is awesome, Defibs are a must though, Grenades & C7[I Think] will be very useful on the titan.

I WILL be buying it. Sharpshooter continue downloading, see for yourself.

Last edited by PoP (2006-10-08 14:33:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard