Poll

Should schoolteachers carry guns?

Yes18%18% - 39
No81%81% - 172
Total: 211
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6555|Kent, UK
I say give the kids the guns. No fucker would hijack a school with 300 hyperactive, heavly armed Bf2 (or any FPS playing) testosterone fuelled teenagers there...
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6721|Eastern PA
Not only no, but hell no.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6469|New York
You should have made the poll have both options being, "No, are you a fucking idiot?"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Another preventative measure would be to not have the right to bear arms written into the constitution.

But I come from a country where that's not the case and I can't remember the last time some kid shot their classmates in this country, so what would I know.
The Anarchist's Cookbook doesn't require guns, scooter. Wouldn't it be better to attack the source of the angst?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-05 17:34:02)

Altophish
+8|6499
Not just no.  Hell no.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Another preventative measure would be to not have the right to bear arms written into the constitution.

But I come from a country where that's not the case and I can't remember the last time some kid shot their classmates in this country, so what would I know.
The Anarchist's Cookbook doesn't require guns, scooter. Wouldn't it be better to attack the source of the angst?
Like I said, I come from a country where that (the right to bear arms) is not the case and I can't remember the last time some kid shot their classmates in this country, so what would I know...
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6744|The Island of Carls Jr.
"Hey! I wanted your godamn attention Billy and now youve got mine!" BOOM
"YOUR PRINTER WAS BROKEN?!?! THATS THE BEST EXCUSE YOUVE GOT?!?!?!" BOOM

I say give the STUDENTS guns...jk.
I think school would turn into a bloody firefight if the school was attacked by another Doom-playing emo kid with his dad's shotgun. Some teacher might even do stupid heroic Matrix crap for brownie points.
SnIpErOwNzYoU
Duck And Cover!
+12|6435|Michigan
Yes School Teachers schould carry guns because would you wanna die in a school shooting. I dont think so so Yes, because the teachers can protect you all but the teacher has a bigger percentage of dying because self defence and the school shooter does not want to die he wants to kill then Kill himself.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6653

eagles1106 wrote:

No, but schools should have higher security.  Call me crazy, but to stop the people like the Columbine fuckers, you require people to walk through and put all metal items in a bin, put their backpacks through those xrays along with the bins, and walk through a metal dectector just like airports.  Sure, it will take more time, but it will stop the mourning families who lost their family member to some fucking pyschopatch kids.
Yeah.  Shootings in the queue for the metal detector are soooo much better than the canteen.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6701|New York
I voted no, What should be done is tighten security. Look at the perps in the last 3 shootings, And look at the schools. The lack of security in the Elementary and middle schools in this country is mostly non existent. In the high schools, its not as bad. What we need is Armed officers and Better security. Not Paranoid teachers that are by far way too stressed by Bushes "No student left behind" program carrying a gun in a classroom. What makes you think these teachers cant snap there tops?

bad idea.
Crash727
+12|6641|NH, USA
Perhaps PARENTS should do a better job of securing their weapons!!!!
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6682|The Lou

Crash727 wrote:

Perhaps PARENTS should do a better job of securing their weapons!!!!
to tell you the truth, its kinda sad.... but.... more than half the shootings were by adults, its like wtf? seriously..... this is getting out of hand, time for me to start bringing a taser to school. lol j/k
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
no b/c my science teach would have shot me allready 4 starting a fire in calls it was an axident bet he was pissed
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

GR34 wrote:

no b/c my science teach would have shot me allready 4 starting a fire in calls it was an axident bet he was pissed
He was probably pissed about having to read your papers. I got a headache in that one sentence.
Crash727
+12|6641|NH, USA
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html

OMG!!!  37 occurances involving children.  You can't tell me most of them could have been prevented had the parents done something about keeping these guns locked up.  It's not like a 15-year old can go down to the local gun shop and pick up a Colt .357.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6682|The Lou
yea, actually....  if theres gangs April 14, 2003
New Orleans, La.     One 15-year-old killed, and three students wounded at John McDonogh High School by gunfire from four teenagers (none were students at the school). The motive was gang-related.

like that one.... they can when they have older people in there gang that can get them.....

and have you ever lived in the ghetto? half those people dont even care, they'd probably just sell it to them just to get some money, its not like they care.

Just a year ago, my old elementary school was robbed, held by gun point by an adult who did some shit in his life that wasn't smart, i watch kids go to school every day and not care about there education... and fail... those are the kind of people that are going to end up robbing schools and stores.... my nephew has to go to that school, it makes me scared, i love that kid.

Half those kids probably provoked the attacks with bullying and other instigation's of attacks... they made fun of this kid in my German class alot, im trying to get them to stop cause its wrong and i dont want to get fucking shot.

maybe your right, but its ridiculous when its grown adults going into a school killing kids that they probably dont even know.

Last edited by HURLEY (2006-10-05 18:37:37)

HammerID
+0|6413|Pocatello, ID

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It is interesting that you bring up rights that apply to adults and not children.  Removing the 2nd amendment will not stop violence from happening.  Even in countries where guns are banned, there is still violence.

I did not agree that arming teachers is a good idea, so I voted no.  I lean more towards what IRONCHEF commented on.  It all starts in the home and how you raise a child will determine a to a large extent how they act in society.  Also learning is a two part street.  The student has to want to learn and the teacher has to want to teach the material to the student.  If you put armed guards wandering the halls it will reduce the effectiveness of the teaching process.

I have four boys and I actively hunt and fish.  My boys love to go fishing and just last year I started teaching my oldest boy, who is eight, ho to shoot his air rifle.  Yes, he has an air rifle and he knows it is kept with dad's guns locked up and out of reach. 

I live in a rural area, population around 50K in my city.  There has never been much violent crime until this year.  Three officers were shot while trying to issue a warrant.  That doesn't sound out of the ordinary, but this criminal lived right down the hill from me.  It makes one realize that people who are capable of violent acts are all around us.  Now I am considering apply for my concealed carry permit. Some people disagree, but if I am out with my family and the situation presents itself where I have to defend my family I want to be ready.  That is what the 2nd amendment guarantees me and a US citizen.

I think that parents should be held more actively involved with their children's lives instead of relying on the public works systems to raise them.  That in is the problem.  Lack of accountability for parents.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

school teachers should be equipped with an Eryx
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I think the best solution would be that during school, for elementary and high schools, there should only be one door that is unlocked from the outside.  If anyone needs to come in they need a key or has to enter through the front door where it would be easy to see if they have weapons etc...  Even if it is a minor nuisance, I would prefer that to being shot.
Opinions?
Unlocked from the inside, you mean? Still not going to stop a kid from entering a playground through or over a fence.
No, I mean the school - as in the brick walls with the metal doors - should be locked at all times so that nobody without a key (or maybe only unlock after and before school) can get inside the actual building.  I think this would be the most effective way to stop people from coming in with guns and other weapons without having metal detectors and the like.
Another thing that works, even though I don't like it, is uniforms.  When there is someone from outside the school inside our school they stand out immidately in the crowd. 
Like I said, these are not foolproof methods but they should provide more safety and security inside schools
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
shot guns with the bean bag thingies

seriously it would be kinda bad to have one for the same reason prison guards don't, but LTL options might be necessary in some areas, either to protect the students, or protection from them
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561
Personally, I don't necessarily disagree.  I don't think that guns should be allowed anywhere but, having said that, if some people have guns I reason that the best idea is for everyone to have guns.
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6731|Orange County, CA
Why not, hell give EVERYBODY guns, Pilots, Teachers, Grocery Store Clerks, the Hallmark store ladies.  What do you think the crime rate would be like then?
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia

HammerID wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It is interesting that you bring up rights that apply to adults and not children.  Removing the 2nd amendment will not stop violence from happening.  Even in countries where guns are banned, there is still violence.
But violence in general will happen.

What we are talking about is GUN RELATED VIOLENCE, look up the stats, a country with gun control is more likely to have lesser numbers than a country without it. Coincedence I think not.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6673|Houston, Texas

GATOR591957 wrote:

My opinion is no.  That's why guards at prison don't carry them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15142930/?GT1=8618
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6439|A drop house

BigmacK wrote:

No. End of Story.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard