The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6511|Los Angeles

GATOR591957 wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Meanwhile people wistfully eulogize Reagan as having Done So Much For The Economy. I don't get it.
I am  democrat, let's just get that straight right off the bat.  Reagan is responsible for floating bonds that came due in 1990 which helped the Clinton administration.  I said helped, Clinton did make cuts to improve on the start he had been given by Reagan.
Oh I don't deny that he did good things. I just don't understand why people think of him as Best Pres For The Economy Evar.

I loved Reagan when I was a kid. Mainly because I didn't understand the way the world worked and wanted to be Alex P. Keaton.

Speaking of which, I think Michael Gross as Steven Keaton set the standard for America's perception of the sensitive liberal wimp.

https://www.familyties-tv.com/postcards/elysestevenalex.jpg
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

deeznutz1245 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I believe in security measures, am I the "dumber element"? I dislike Bush but I believe in rounding up the terrorists, not infiltrating Iraq, does that make me dumb too? Can I ask you a question? What makes you so wise to what goes on around the world? I am assuming you have served in our armed forces or something because you seem to have the answers, you just arent sharing them.
Ok you apparently missed what I said so i wil put it in bullet form:
-Clinton Didnt invade Iraq on a false pretense. He admits to trying and failing to get bin laden...bush had him cornered and went somewhere else.

-Distraction and demonization are classic tactics of the current administration. Ask Ann Richards, John Kerry, or even a Vietnam POW John McCain. They will inform you. Or google will.

-Security is NOT the imagined rules that they give us. Its not the color coded 'how scared you should be to day' system. I have my own opinions on how security could be achieved but considering how many times i've been past the tsa with 'items' or see how they intend to 'protect us' i laugh.

-I dont think I said I was pro-terror and wanted to let them run free. And you are an idiot for somehow getting that from my post. Sorry if I am not willing to sacrafice my liberty for security so swiftly. The way I see it, they can decide im Nigerian and ship me off to gitmo the way things are going.  That and the fact that its contrary to everything I belive (and the constitution). Im tired of quoting Franklin, but he said it best: Those who would sacrafice liberty for security deserve neither.

-Im wise? Thanks! thats a 1st! Maybe its all that time spent reading articles from various sources as much as possible as to whats going on in the world.  I dont see myself as wise. Just the bare minimum of reason...

-'...not infiltrating Iraq...' esplain!

-the answers are infront of you. The ability to glean those answers from whats presented to you is a whole other story.

Sorry if i offended you by calling you dumb, but as an American, I take certain things very seriously. The removal of rights and the shredding of the constitution is a serious matter to me. In what America were you raised that these same things aren't important to you?
I honestly did not read your reply to me because it looked long, statistacal and boring. Um, if I say something that yu already said forgive me. I did skip to the end though. What I found interesting was you asking me what "america was I raised" . I served honorably in the U.S. Marines kiddo so DO NOT lecture me about rights. I am well aware of your rights because they were provided to you by people like me. Next, I never had anything against you (for the record) I just did not agree with your stance that Americans wanting heightened national security were idiots (or whatever you said). I beleive in it because I have seen first hand across the world what happens when our guard is let down. Wake up. There is a large amount of extremists in the world who want you an I dead not because of who our president is but because we are AMERICAN. Martha fucking stewart could be our commander in chief and they still want us dead. I will NEVER be ashamed of my country, I have to much blood, sweat and tears invested in it. I am not saying you are but I am suggesting you slow your fucking role before you go out calling people idiots for wanting to be safe, no matter the cost.
A Fucking Men!!!!!! Now Thats what I'm Talking about right there. Until you have served, Its better to Keep the philosophical Bullshit analysis of Our safety and our rights to yourself. Until you have served, and Either Spilt blood or have gotten hurt doing your duty, Just sit back and let the people with the balls to Protect your PRIVILEGES do there jobs and stop bitching if your inconvenienced somehow in your every day life!
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6511|Los Angeles

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I honestly did not read your reply to me because it looked long, statistacal and boring.
I agree. Long well-worded arguments grounded in statistics and facts? No thanks. Makes my head hurt.

I prefer to base my opinions on easily-digestible catchphrases wrapped in the flag and sprinkled lightly with sanctimony.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

There is a large amount of extremists in the world who want you an I dead not because of who our president is but because we are AMERICAN.
Nope.

They want us dead because we do Israel's bidding.

Osama bin Laden wrote:

The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target.

The fatwah is comprehensive and it includes all those who participate in, or help the Jewish occupiers in killing Muslims.

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Until you have served, and Either Spilt blood or have gotten hurt doing your duty, Just sit back and let the people with the balls to Protect your PRIVILEGES do there jobs and stop bitching if your inconvenienced somehow in your every day life!
I suppose you voted for Kerry, a man with "the balls to protect your privileges" over Bush then, right Headstone?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6504|Connecticut

golgoj4 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

-Clinton Didnt invade Iraq on a false pretense. He admits to trying and failing to get bin laden...bush had him cornered and went somewhere else.

-Distraction and demonization are classic tactics of the current administration. Ask Ann Richards, John Kerry, or even a Vietnam POW John McCain. They will inform you. Or google will.

-Security is NOT the imagined rules that they give us. Its not the color coded 'how scared you should be to day' system. I have my own opinions on how security could be achieved but considering how many times i've been past the tsa with 'items' or see how they intend to 'protect us' i laugh.

-I dont think I said I was pro-terror and wanted to let them run free. And you are an idiot for somehow getting that from my post. Sorry if I am not willing to sacrafice my liberty for security so swiftly. The way I see it, they can decide im Nigerian and ship me off to gitmo the way things are going.  That and the fact that its contrary to everything I belive (and the constitution). Im tired of quoting Franklin, but he said it best: Those who would sacrafice liberty for security deserve neither.

-Im wise? Thanks! thats a 1st! Maybe its all that time spent reading articles from various sources as much as possible as to whats going on in the world.  I dont see myself as wise. Just the bare minimum of reason...

-the answers are infront of you. The ability to glean those answers from whats presented to you is a whole other story.

Sorry if i offended you by calling you dumb, but as an American, I take certain things very seriously. The removal of rights and the shredding of the constitution is a serious matter to me. In what America were you raised that these same things aren't important to you?
I honestly did not read your reply to me because it looked long, statistacal and boring. Um, if I say something that yu already said forgive me. I did skip to the end though. What I found interesting was you asking me what "america was I raised" . I served honorably in the U.S. Marines kiddo so DO NOT lecture me about rights. I am well aware of your rights because they were provided to you by people like me. Next, I never had anything against you (for the record) I just did not agree with your stance that Americans wanting heightened national security were idiots (or whatever you said). I beleive in it because I have seen first hand across the world what happens when our guard is let down. Wake up. There is a large amount of extremists in the world who want you an I dead not because of who our president is but because we are AMERICAN. Martha fucking stewart could be our commander in chief and they still want us dead. I will NEVER be ashamed of my country, I have to much blood, sweat and tears invested in it. I am not saying you are but I am suggesting you slow your fucking role before you go out calling people idiots for wanting to be safe, no matter the cost.
Never thought I would debate a scared marine. Didnt think they existed. But here goes...

Maybe you should read more and bark less devil dog. The fact that you were a Marine makes me respect you more so I will ask you this: Do we as Americans trade out essential liberty and trample the constitution in the name of security? It seems to run contrary to the beliefs that this country was founded upon. So WHY in the HELL are you telling me to wake up when our government who has PROVED their ineptitude wants to strip the very liberties that would allow us to check their power? Any argument that we should shutup and do what we are told on applies in a battlezone. You know this and I know this. But this is the CIVILLIAN world buddy, which means that now, as scary as it is, the guy telling you whats what IS NOT the absolute authority. So instead of me waking up, maybe its you who needs to wake up and TRULY protect the constitution instead of slowly letting it slip away and barking at those of us who truly understand the essence of America and dont just parrot thoughts given to them by other. Just based on the fact that you couldnt be bothered to read the post indicates the arrogance of your post. And they ARE IDOTS for wanting 'security' at the expense of liberty. Sorry if i actually believe in the Constitution and not my own wet pants.

And in the future, if you expect to be spoken to, bring something to the table other than a longer winded, rehashed version of your original post. I expect better from the Marine Corps.

Make no mistake. If i didnt give a shit about my home, I would fucking move to Canada. But I rember the oath that I took when I joined it said all enemies 'foreigh AND Domestic'. Some people only think the terrorist  s are the ones that hate America. I would submit that there are plenty of people here that would be happy if it were a dictatorship too. Yeah im harsh. But you know what? I mean what I say because I truly belive that this country is battling enemies on both sides of its borders. Im not saying the Marine im responding to is my enemy. He is my countryman. But I would ask that he take a long hard look @ what hes saying because it truly conflicts with the morals and ideas this country was founded on.
Lets set the record straight. three things. You are right, there is no such thing as a scared Marine. Second, the argument that our liberties are being sacrificed is a matter of opinion. You think your liberties are and I do not, that proves it. I sure as hell agree with you that we should not sacrifice freedom for safety but I think you are missing my point this time. I dont think the terrorists should have rights. Fuck 'em. There I said it for any liberals out there so they can eat it up.What was the third thing........hhhmmmnnn.....oh yeah. You spelled idiot wrong soldier. Oh yeah one more thing. The reason I didnt read your post in full before was not out of arrogance, but because I was at work and didnt have time. But don't worry folks, I dont work for the government anymore so your tax dollars werent being wasted. Thats someone else's job now!

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2006-10-04 20:36:55)

Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6504|Connecticut

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I honestly did not read your reply to me because it looked long, statistacal and boring.
I agree. Long well-worded arguments grounded in statistics and facts? No thanks. Makes my head hurt.

I prefer to base my opinions on easily-digestible catchphrases wrapped in the flag and sprinkled lightly with sanctimony.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

There is a large amount of extremists in the world who want you an I dead not because of who our president is but because we are AMERICAN.
Nope.

Osama bin Laden wrote:

The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target.

The fatwah is comprehensive and it includes all those who participate in, or help the Jewish occupiers in killing Muslims.

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Until you have served, and Either Spilt blood or have gotten hurt doing your duty, Just sit back and let the people with the balls to Protect your PRIVILEGES do there jobs and stop bitching if your inconvenienced somehow in your every day life!
I suppose you voted for Kerry, a man with "the balls to protect your privileges" over Bush then, right Headstone?
I do believe I said "extremists in the world". I said nothing about the middle east. So you in all of your wisdom gave me a link about Isreal (that I didnt check) So tell me oh wise one why extremists have been attacking us before Isreal was a state. Is it because they hate and despise western civilization? hhmmmm maybe. Fucking christ man, even the guy I have been arguing with would think you are an idiot.
Malloy must go
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6511|Los Angeles

deeznutz1245 wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Nope.

I do believe I said "extremists in the world". I said nothing about the middle east. So you in all of your wisdom gave me a link about Isreal (that I didnt check) So tell me oh wise one why extremists have been attacking us before Isreal was a state. Is it because they hate and despise western civilization? hhmmmm maybe.
Give me an example of extremists attacking the United States before Israel was a state (so before May 11 1949) who did so because they "hated and despised western civilization".

When you say that there are "extremists in the world who want you an I dead... because we are American" who the hell are you talking about? Do you have examples?

And by the way, I didn't give you a link about Isreal. I gave you one mentioning Israel. Before you go around calling people idiots, I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with how to spell the names of countries that are in the news daily.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Fucking christ man, even the guy I have been arguing with would think you are an idiot.
Gosh - being called an idiot by a guy who calls himself "deeznutz1245".

Consider my world crushed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Give me an example of extremists attacking the United States before Israel was a state (so before May 11 1949) who did so because they "hated and despised western civilization".
The US, as a country, has been attacked before that point, for somewhat similar if not roughly identical reasons. One could argue that fascism and particular forms of expansionistic nationalism is a form of extremism, as well as the ultra-violent territorial behavior of some tribes of "Native Americans."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-04 23:53:18)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6511|Los Angeles

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

The US, as a country, has been attacked before that point, for somewhat similar if not roughly identical reasons. One could argue that fascism and particular forms of expansionistic nationalism is a form of extremism, as well as the ultra-violent territorial behavior of some tribes of "Native Americans."
That's not an example though. That's an opinion and a conjecture with some non-committal generalizations thrown in.

I want specifics. Facts. Events. Names of people. Dates. Reason cited as "we attacked because we hate and dispise western civilization." Stuff like that. Anything that will back up what deeznuts1245 said.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Nope.

Osama bin Laden wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

YAh Right I voted for a guy who went there with the intent of bringing a film crew to further his political career, and then Lie about all his heroics. Yah Thats what i did. If ANYTHINK Id vote for Macain! He my friend Is what America is all about. Maybe hes being pressured by some to do the wrong thing right now, But a better, stronger Example of an american you will Not find! He truely Paid for everything he has!!!
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Nope.

Osama bin Laden wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

YAh Right I voted for a guy who went there with the intent of bringing a film crew to further his political career, and then Lie about all his heroics. Yah Thats what i did. If ANYTHING Id vote for Macain! He my friend Is what America is all about. Maybe hes being pressured by some to do the wrong thing right now, But a better, stronger Example of an american you will Not find! He truely Paid for everything he has!!!
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

That's not an example though. That's an opinion and a conjecture with some non-committal generalizations thrown in.

I want specifics. Facts. Events. Names of people. Dates. Reason cited as "we attacked because we hate and dispise western civilization." Stuff like that. Anything that will back up what deeznuts1245 said.
JAPAN. They Considered us Lazy and complacent. They did NOT like our way of life. Does THAT answer your question. They Were extremists. They were the first to employ Suicide bombers (literally).
Have you forgotten this tidbit of history? Maybe you havent gotten that far in your history book yet?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6592|SE London

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JAPAN. They Considered us Lazy and complacent. They did NOT like our way of life. Does THAT answer your question. They Were extremists. They were the first to employ Suicide bombers (literally).
Have you forgotten this tidbit of history? Maybe you havent gotten that far in your history book yet?
I wouldn't agree with that. Japan attacked the US certainly, but not for the reasons you just stated. The rise in Japanese imperialism was brought about by their mistreatment at the league of nations and by the war fought between the Japanese and the Russians, where the Japanese found they could defeat western powers. Japanese confidence grew along with the rise in nationalism. The Japanese saw everyone who wasn't Japanese as being weak and ready to be invaded. They then proceeded to invade China in 1937, which is when WWII began - not when Hitler invaded Poland in 1939. It was nothing to do with the American way of life, the Japanese saw the US as a weak, rich country, which they could gain much by invading.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

Bertster7 wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that. Japan attacked the US certainly, but not for the reasons you just stated. The rise in Japanese imperialism was brought about by their mistreatment at the league of nations and by the war fought between the Japanese and the Russians, where the Japanese found they could defeat western powers. Japanese confidence grew along with the rise in nationalism. The Japanese saw everyone who wasn't Japanese as being weak and ready to be invaded. They then proceeded to invade China in 1937, which is when WWII began - not when Hitler invaded Poland in 1939. It was nothing to do with the American way of life, the Japanese saw the US as a weak, rich country, which they could gain much by invading.
Believe what you want, asked for proof of attacks before Isreal was formed, and you got it. take it or leave it. reason for attack was our way of life. was stated so and backed up. Thanks for the Karma though LOL. Nice of you.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6592|SE London

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Believe what you want, asked for proof of attacks before Isreal was formed, and you got it. take it or leave it. reason for attack was our way of life. was stated so and backed up. Thanks for the Karma though LOL. Nice of you.
When was it stated and backed up? If anything Japan attacked the US because of the oil embargo they imposed, cutting 80% of Japans oil supply.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6551|Grand Rapids, MI
Teflon, The attacks on WTC were revolting and make me want to vomit when I think about them. 3000 Innocent people died for the sake of ideological extremism.

However,

and this does not excuse any of the acts carried out by terrorists.

I would argue that a president who stops hundreds of thousands of people from being raped and murdered has still done a good job with his foreign policy. Even if that same president urged another nation (who was holding someone who later participated in an atrocity himself) to let go of someone in order to broker peace in the one region of the world that needs it most. By the way, trying to broker a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine, that's foreign policy too. Even conservatives would agree that this is a good goal for The US, and the rest of the world.

As for terrorism before Israel. Some of our Marine brethren need only sing their favorite song to tell you all about the first foreign invasion that the US took part in. That would be Libya on the "shores of Tripoli." Look up the story, that mission was in response to terrorism. The Nazi's also sunk many of our cargo ships just off the East Cost before we entered WWII. War had not been declared between the two countries, and so that should be considered terrorism too.

I wasn't able to fully understand the argument of the Japanese social conscious given by Berster. I apologize. I will however, say that the level and magnitude of indoctrination going on in mid 20th century Imperial Japan was at least equal to that of what we see coming out of the Mudrasas in the Islamic world. The Japanese were told that they were a superior race to all others. They were told that the Americans were barbarians and had no souls. That is why so many Japanese (military and civilians) were willing to kill themselves in defense of their Country. They felt that death was better than seeing Americans in charge of them. I would argue that things didn't work out so bad for Japan after the war was done. The 1980's were very kind to them. But that just proves my point of how misinformed the people of Japan were before the war.
Jaguar
+2|6584

ATG wrote:

I'll get right on that.
Any youz clowns care to dispute any of that or is it just "my team right or wrong"

I hate Bush too and the whole fucking two party system. Justs gets annoying when he's held up as some sort of standard by you libs.

Reading the letter you would realize it is a email I received, so what?
Wow, that just earned mad respect from me.  Up to this point I thought you were just another anti-Democrat, pro conservative ******.  Good too see that you don't discriminate, you just hate everyone.

Last edited by Jaguar (2006-10-05 05:32:06)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
I find it funny that you bitch about the amount of money they get.  You go on about how communism sucks and capitalism rocks, and then when two people whom you dislike do the work and get the money, you don't complain about the system, or that politicians benefits are too generous, you blame them personally.
golgoj4
+51|6785|North Hollywood

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

A Fucking Men!!!!!! Now Thats what I'm Talking about right there. Until you have served, Its better to Keep the philosophical Bullshit analysis of Our safety and our rights to yourself. Until you have served, and Either Spilt blood or have gotten hurt doing your duty, Just sit back and let the people with the balls to Protect your PRIVILEGES do there jobs and stop bitching if your inconvenienced somehow in your every day life!
Another moron. Wtf was your MOS? Bullet Catcher? Listen up slow mo...

Safety @ any cost is UNAMERICAN. If u want that shit, go to china, or some other state that contols every aspect of your life. I realize some of you that got a 2 on the asvab dont get the concept of freedom, but get of the fucking forum, got to your local community college and take a fucking history class. Maybe then you will understand what this country was founded on and realize that those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither. Including yourselves.

More people from the American twilight zone that think we live in a) a police state b)China c) imaginary safetyl blanket in their fearfull traitorous heads. Yeah I called you a traitor. Because your selling out Lady Liberty because u dont have the balls (or ability) to put 2 + 2 together.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6476|Life in a vacuum sucks
three words  L O L
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6560|Southeastern USA
it's just dumb to think that the police forces are always going to be hovering around waiting to protect you, someone breaks into my house, the only 911 call I'm going to make will go something like

"911 please state your emergency"

"..................................................................there's a dead crackhead in my kitchen"
golgoj4
+51|6785|North Hollywood

deeznutz1245 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Never thought I would debate a scared marine. Didnt think they existed. But here goes...

Maybe you should read more and bark less devil dog. The fact that you were a Marine makes me respect you more so I will ask you this: Do we as Americans trade out essential liberty and trample the constitution in the name of security? It seems to run contrary to the beliefs that this country was founded upon. So WHY in the HELL are you telling me to wake up when our government who has PROVED their ineptitude wants to strip the very liberties that would allow us to check their power? Any argument that we should shutup and do what we are told on applies in a battlezone. You know this and I know this. But this is the CIVILLIAN world buddy, which means that now, as scary as it is, the guy telling you whats what IS NOT the absolute authority. So instead of me waking up, maybe its you who needs to wake up and TRULY protect the constitution instead of slowly letting it slip away and barking at those of us who truly understand the essence of America and dont just parrot thoughts given to them by other. Just based on the fact that you couldnt be bothered to read the post indicates the arrogance of your post. And they ARE IDOTS for wanting 'security' at the expense of liberty. Sorry if i actually believe in the Constitution and not my own wet pants.

And in the future, if you expect to be spoken to, bring something to the table other than a longer winded, rehashed version of your original post. I expect better from the Marine Corps.

Make no mistake. If i didnt give a shit about my home, I would fucking move to Canada. But I rember the oath that I took when I joined it said all enemies 'foreigh AND Domestic'. Some people only think the terrorist  s are the ones that hate America. I would submit that there are plenty of people here that would be happy if it were a dictatorship too. Yeah im harsh. But you know what? I mean what I say because I truly belive that this country is battling enemies on both sides of its borders. Im not saying the Marine im responding to is my enemy. He is my countryman. But I would ask that he take a long hard look @ what hes saying because it truly conflicts with the morals and ideas this country was founded on.
Lets set the record straight. three things. You are right, there is no such thing as a scared Marine. Second, the argument that our liberties are being sacrificed is a matter of opinion. You think your liberties are and I do not, that proves it. I sure as hell agree with you that we should not sacrifice freedom for safety but I think you are missing my point this time. I dont think the terrorists should have rights. Fuck 'em. There I said it for any liberals out there so they can eat it up.What was the third thing........hhhmmmnnn.....oh yeah. You spelled idiot wrong soldier. Oh yeah one more thing. The reason I didnt read your post in full before was not out of arrogance, but because I was at work and didnt have time. But don't worry folks, I dont work for the government anymore so your tax dollars werent being wasted. Thats someone else's job now!
As far as my spelling, i aint being graded so i could give a shite.

-NSA wiretapping? Anyone recall that? Not legal. Not constitutional. They did it anyways. Fuckers had clues about 9/11 and still didnt connect the dots and im supposed to believe that they can actually do their job with more intrusion? Sorry bub.

-Not constitutional, but important to you and me. Geneva Convention. You and I BOTH know fucking with that doesnt help and Soldier, Airman, Marine or Sailor in the future. Yet this administration move forward with it. Now you make not think terrorists have rights. But people smarter than the both of us came up with the geneva convention so why eff with it? Would you like to not have rights if you were captured? We already had a 'Jack Bauer' clause to torture under specific time critical situations yet we had to go an mess with that too.

So sorry if the slow erosion bothers me. And if your not gonna read a post, why respond?

And wasting taxpayer dollars is one of the key tenets of this administration....waste away.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

I find it funny that you bitch about the amount of money they get.  You go on about how communism sucks and capitalism rocks, and then when two people whom you dislike do the work and get the money, you don't complain about the system, or that politicians benefits are too generous, you blame them personally.
" It's common knowledge that in order for her to establish NY residency, they purchased a million dollar-plus house in upscale Chappaqua, New York. Makes sense. They are entitled to Secret Service protection for life. Still makes sense. Here is where it becomes interesting. Their mortgage payments hover at around $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residence HAD to be built within the acreage to house the Secret Service agents.
The Clintons charge the Federal government $10,000 monthly rent for the use of that extra residence, which is just about equal to their mortgage payment. This means that we, the taxpayers, are paying the Clinton's salary, mortgage, transportation, safety and security, as well as the salaries for their 12 man staff -- and, this is all perfectly legal! When she runs for President, will you vote for her"

That isn't capitalism, its theft.

golgoj4 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

As far as my spelling, i aint being graded so i could give a shite.

-NSA wiretapping? Anyone recall that? Not legal. Not constitutional. They did it anyways. Fuckers had clues about 9/11 and still didnt connect the dots and im supposed to believe that they can actually do their job with more intrusion? Sorry bub.

-Not constitutional, but important to you and me. Geneva Convention. You and I BOTH know fucking with that doesnt help and Soldier, Airman, Marine or Sailor in the future. Yet this administration move forward with it. Now you make not think terrorists have rights. But people smarter than the both of us came up with the geneva convention so why eff with it? Would you like to not have rights if you were captured? We already had a 'Jack Bauer' clause to torture under specific time critical situations yet we had to go an mess with that too.

So sorry if the slow erosion bothers me. And if your not gonna read a post, why respond?

And wasting taxpayer dollars is one of the key tenets of this administration....waste away.
Oh ffs the geneva convention only applies to other signatory nations and not goat fucking terrorist who butcher and torture our capitive troops whenever they have a chance.

9-11   was an attack on a civilian center in direct violation of the ideals of the geneva convention.

They have no rights.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6657

ATG wrote:

Oh ffs the geneva convention only applies to other signatory nations and not goat fucking terrorist who butcher and torture our capitive troops whenever they have a chance.

9-11   was an attack on a civilian center in direct violation of the ideals of the geneva convention.

They have no rights.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6592|SE London

ATG wrote:

They have no rights.
That's not true. The Geneva convention applies universally to the nations who have ratified it. It has nothing to do with where the prisoner is from.

Whether you like it or not the Geneva convention does apply to terrorists, under it they do have rights. Bush's administration have been in breach of it. Under article 3 it doesn't matter what crimes the prisoners are accused of, attacking civilian population centres or not, it still applies - it's not necessarily right or fair, but it does apply, that is the law.

From a moral perspective I happen to agree that they shouldn't have any rights, but I am also a strong believer that until someone is conclusively proven guilty they should be treated as though they are innocent. Once they've been convicted - who gives a fuck, torture them all you want, they deserve it. Suspects should never be tortured though. Convict them - then torture them if you really want, no one's going to care about convicted terrorists getting tortured. You do have to remember quite a few of the detainees at Gitmo have been sent home because they were innocent, torturing innocent people isn't acceptable, ever.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-10-05 10:49:41)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
From a moral perspective I happen to agree that they shouldn't have any rights, but I am also a strong believer that until someone is conclusively proven guilty they should be treated as though they are innocent. Once they've been convicted - who gives a fuck, torture them all you want, they deserve it.
I just gained a lot of respect for you.
That's not true. The Geneva convention applies universally to the nations who have ratified it. It has nothing to do with where the prisoner is from.
So Iraq and Iran and all the other terrorist breeding grounds signed that?

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-05 11:25:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard