divided
Clear!
+3|6773

YitEarp wrote:

yeah i actually had a lan party last night with 2 friends, and we ran into 2 hackers in the 10+ hours of white knuckled gaming.

neither of them had that much skill, they constantly got the drop on us, but even knowing we were coming they still got steamrolled.  a hack can help you, but its not downloadable guarunteed pwnage.

and besides, killing a hacker is sooo gratifying
I've never seen so many awards before.  Congratulations.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA
Regardless of the map or the video game, some peoples strategy is to perfect one map and know it inside and out. My SOCOM friend does that and it gets boring to me.
chickenmuncher
+2|6751| U.S.A.
Typical American ignorance, I'm not trying to rag on Americans...I am one...but when you repetitively say "ALOT" I tend to get pissed off.

Why you may ask?

ITS A LOT, THERE IS A SPACE!!!! I'M F**KING 14 AND I KNOW THIS, I MEAN COME ON.

Last edited by chickenmuncher (2005-12-10 22:30:30)

WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio

S=Unit92 wrote:

Actually many of us who haven't bought SF are doing so because we're not going to support EA until they fix outstanding bugs and hacks (such as the ones found here: http://msxsecurity.com/csh/index.php?referid=46452 ) regular BF2.

Karkand is by far the most balanced map in regular BF2, which is why I play it the most.
Kuddos on giving idiots out there a link to go to find these said hacks....

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-12-10 22:39:05)

skizzz
+22|6809|Moore, Oklahoma
I prefer the urban maps because I think there is more action, playing big maps is such a waste to me when you spend half the time waiting for a humvee or armor to drive 300 m to cap a flag.
grazer1
Banned
+0|6713

S=Unit92 wrote:

Actually many of us who haven't bought SF are doing so because we're not going to support EA until they fix outstanding bugs and hacks (such as the ones found here: http://msxsecurity.com/csh/index.php?referid=46452 ) regular BF2.

Karkand is by far the most balanced map in regular BF2, which is why I play it the most.
I love when miseducated people flame a company. The hack listed above is known by noobs as "X-Ray" but officially is called "chams" for a reason I do not know, nor care to understand. The bottom line, EA can do nothing about it. It's been a problem in many other games, like Black Hawk Down, Joint Operations & Delta Force Reloaded by Novalogic. It's a flaw in Microsoft's DirectX that allows the exploit to work. Punkbuster will catch it, if the maker of that particular hack has his/her .dll injected file submitted to them so they know about it. Until Microsoft patches the hole in DirectX, it will continue to be a problem in all online games. However, as I said earlier, Punkbuster will catch most of it, unless its unreported (which could be the case for some squads that develop a hack like it in house and dont release it to outsiders)
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6731|Uhh... erm...
Don't worry, that place is run by a conman, his hacks are apparently stolen from the guys who created it and he overcharges and exploits the sad newbies who are desperate enough to pay for them. In any case, unlike what Kniero believes, what counts the most in this game is TEAMWORK points.
YitEarp
+1|6725

divided wrote:

hehe thnx, just finally got the last of the expert combat awards(sniper) the other day, finally got that sharpshooter.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6799|Long Beach, CA

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

To answer your post, people like Kniero play Karkand because they want to feel superior by having a high SPM and K/D ratio whilst doing the obvious tankwhoring.

Let me give you an example of the daily routine of these types of players.

1) Log in
2) Choose a 24/7 Karkand server stacked high with unsuspecting noobs.
3) Assess the team makeup: Clans on one team and shiny gold ranks = good stuff.
4) Join that team, spawn at the nearest tank or APC. If none is available, go steal theirs.
6) Proceed to spawncamp while calling for supplies, becoming an engineer and/or applying as a commander.
7) Rack up a bunch of points that don't mean shit, then come on the boards and spew pseudo-intellectual banter.

Don't forget to only post your stats and not your awards btw. This is important. Would be a shame for people to figure out what a one-hit wonder you are.

These are sad, selfish, and talentless players. Don't let their "holier than thou" attitude fool you.
Nice, this is funny.
Ptfo
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6799|Long Beach, CA

YitEarp wrote:

divided wrote:

hehe thnx, just finally got the last of the expert combat awards(sniper) the other day, finally got that sharpshooter.
I must agree i am impressed, i hope to have as many awards as you.  Way to go! you have a pretty well rounded game, most maps, kits and vehicles are used.   Now that I can respect!
Ptfo
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
Jesus, another one of ten thousand Karkand threads...

Maybe because Karkand is probably the best BF2 map. Ppl don't like to play maps they don't really like or think are gay.   What the hell does it matter?  Ppl paid for the game, let them do as they wish and quiting worrying about what maps, what weapons, what vehicles, etc they use.  How does that affect your life? Is is really worth the stress?  That is just too lady like to complain about.  Just play the f*ckin game.
=DS=Unit92
+0|6741

grazer1 wrote:

S=Unit92 wrote:

I love when miseducated people flame a company. The hack listed above is known by noobs as "X-Ray" but officially is called "chams" for a reason I do not know, nor care to understand. The bottom line, EA can do nothing about it. It's been a problem in many other games, like Black Hawk Down, Joint Operations & Delta Force Reloaded by Novalogic. It's a flaw in Microsoft's DirectX that allows the exploit to work. Punkbuster will catch it, if the maker of that particular hack has his/her .dll injected file submitted to them so they know about it. Until Microsoft patches the hole in DirectX, it will continue to be a problem in all online games. However, as I said earlier, Punkbuster will catch most of it, unless its unreported (which could be the case for some squads that develop a hack like it in house and dont release it to outsiders)
Uh WoW uses a watchdog program that catches almost all hacks and is easily upgraded to adapt to new ones. While some hacks do exist it's no where near the proliferation as it does in BF2. The hack I linked is undetectable by punkbuster, as it is a complete joke.

Then there is also the question as to why these companies continue to use DirectX if it has such inherant flaws that MS is unwilling to fix.

Last edited by =DS=Unit92 (2005-12-11 13:40:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard